homewood or hawthorne suites LBV or Idrive

J

jessicaz

If anyone has any kind of experience or knowledge about Homewood or Hawthorne suites, particularly about those located in LBV or on International Drive, would you please care to share it with us?
We are planning our first trip to Orlando. Since my mother and my 2 yr. old are coming with us, we would prefer a suite over a hotel room. Price is important to us, but so is having a nice place.
Thanks.
Jessica:)

We stayed at the LBV Hawthorne Suites for a week October 2000. There were 6 of us in a 2 bedroom suite. (My sister's hubby and 15 yr old son, plus my hubby and 6 year old daughter.) We were very satisfied with the accommodations and got a good price although I can't recall exact $$. It was only 3 - 4 months old at the time. In my opinion, you do need a car however because it gives you maximum flexibility. The drive to Downtown Disney was only about 7 minutes. To the parks, while the time varied, it just wasn't that long. (Keep in mind I live in the Dallas area.) It was close enough that a couple of times we'd go back to the hotel to rest and then go to the parks in the evening.
There were 3 TVs in the suite, so every guy had a remote (heaven.) One bedroom had a king and the other 2 doubles. Now it's not huge but even with 6 of us, we didn't really feel cramped even one night when we ordered pizza in. The kitchenette was great to have for the microwave and the frig where we stashed beverages and some ice cream. Also there is a dishwasher if for some unexplained reason you want to cook! Close to the hotel is an Olive Garden, Burger King and Miami Sub. There is a Chilis and Walgreens if you turn right on the majot intersection that is by Olive Garden when leavig the hotel. (I apologize for not remembering names of streets.) CrossRoads is pretty close by and there are a number of restaurants there from McDonalds, to Fridays to Pizzeria Uno. Downtown Disney (I've already noted it was close) has other choices.
The hotel was pretty quiet, but it also wasn't 100% full. The breakfast in the mornings isn't anything to write home about, (omelets premade and not serve every day) but you can have your fill of breads, cereals and toaster waffles.
We would stay there again if we needed the space.
We didn't use the pool although my sister and I went down to the hot tub a couple of nights.

Both of these hotels generate postive reviews on this board. Other hotels in LBV on Palm Parkway are the summerfield suites by Whyndham, Marriott Residence Inn (new). and Country Inn and Suites.

LBV area is closer to disney than the I drive area.

Don't forget the Doubletree suites in dt disney.

Hercamore:) :) :)

Thank you. For less than $70 a night, around Christmas, it sounds like a good deal. So we'll make some ressies soon. Yeaaaaaay! We're going to Disney!
Jess:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter