Hong Kong Disneyland and Disneyland Paris TR

Got a little bit behind but I am all caught up now. I can't believe how beautiful the park looked (though it could have just been your amazing photos) I don't know why I expected an different. HK has always been the park I least want to see, but your photos make me want to go there now. That pin you got is beautiful. It was so detailed! I am so happy that you had a fun time.

Got a little bit behind but I am all caught up now. I can't believe how beautiful the park looked (though it could have just been your amazing photos) I don't know why I expected an different. HK has always been the park I least want to see, but your photos make me want to go there now. That pin you got is beautiful. It was so detailed! I am so happy that you had a fun time.
Thanks so much for the compliment. It's just such a different feel to all of the other parks. You do feel that it is smaller but even as it grows the surrounding mountains just changes the whole feel of it.
I still wouldn't put visiting it in front of visiting the others. But if you are stopping in HK on the way to Europe then take the day to have a visit. Just avoid Chinese New Year and Weekends and you should do the lot comfortably in a day.

Given how much ya'll love the pin I took a proper photo with my camera. The ol' iPhone can only do so much...but it does catch some crackers of the BF doing silly things :lmao:

HongKongDisneylandMegapin1.jpg

Thank you for such a great awesome trip report queenie82
Brings back so many memories thanks.

Just adding some photos of around the Stanley Market. PIO was asking if I went there...and I sort of did.
The area under the sails is the market. But I didn't spend long there. I went up to this temple. There is this series of (very confusing) boardwalks. I got lost a number of times. I was in a hurry as I was on a tour so with more time it might be nice to explore?? Not actually a lot up here...but...in case it's of interest...
I THINK...there was supposed to be more to see up here. But...I got lost...

Just some photos....

THe View back towards the market from the boardwalks and temple

StanleyMarket2.jpg

StanleyMarket1.jpg

StanleyMarket3.jpg

Near the Market

StanleyMarket4.jpg

The Temple

TempleSM3.jpg

TempleSM1.jpg

TempleSM4.jpg

TempleSM2.jpg

Ok queenie, time to come out and play. We are now definites for DLP in Dec 2012 and I need your help! I am so confused with everything. I think I need to read things slowly rather than trying to read everything from everywhere all at once...

So I've reread your TR again. A few quick questions.

You mentioned a path to the parks/village. Did you walk to/from the parks? or did you catch the shuttle buses? I am reading conflicting information about whether or not it is walkable.
Also when you took the bus from the hotel to the station, is this the normal shuttle bus that goes to the parks or is it a special one? Is it free?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later...I'm just trying to figure out as a first step where we want to stay. And you were right, we will probably be travelling in a pack again. Looks like it might be 13.

Ok queenie, time to come out and play. We are now definites for DLP in Dec 2012 and I need your help! I am so confused with everything. I think I need to read things slowly rather than trying to read everything from everywhere all at once...

So I've reread your TR again. A few quick questions.

You mentioned a path to the parks/village. Did you walk to/from the parks? or did you catch the shuttle buses? I am reading conflicting information about whether or not it is walkable.
Also when you took the bus from the hotel to the station, is this the normal shuttle bus that goes to the parks or is it a special one? Is it free?

I'm sure I'll have more questions later...I'm just trying to figure out as a first step where we want to stay. And you were right, we will probably be travelling in a pack again. Looks like it might be 13.
SHE LIVES!!!! :woohoo:

:lmao:

I never got shuttle buses. I don't remember reading about them tbh...but I think they come into play if you stay BUDGET :rolleyes1

Disneyland Resort is the Closest.
New York hotel next closest. Sequoia and Newport are much the same. I assume the renovations they were doing are done now so there will again be ability to walk fully around the 'lake'
These resorts are all EASILY walkable.
I walked in heels to and from Disneyland hotel AFTER a day at the parks from Sequoia :headache: ouchie...but it's walkable :lmao:

PLUS...if you want any additional sustenance and shopping on the way...just walk :rolleyes1 There is a......STARBUCKS!!! in the village.

The Bus from the Hotel to the Station was FREE :teeth:

Thanks!!!

DO you know by any chance if we are able to book via the UK DIsneyland Paris site? Its interesting that our dates already come up as available on the UK site but are not available yet for the US or international site. I suppose they are the main market that Disney is aiming for. Anyway, the UK site has 30% off if booked before April and kids under 7 stay and play for free.

I'm honestly not sure about that. I had a Pom book for me.....
But I remember easily navigating it. So I guess go ahead and try???? :confused:

I'm really not sure though...

You're right. I could just go ahead and try. Don't why I didn't of think of that myself! I am overwhelmed...

I just can't seem to get a handle of prices and whats reasonable or not. Breaking up the costs of tickets, food, hotels etc is just painful. Ok so I'm lazy I admit it. I know I just have to sit down and do some maths...

For DLP, check ALL the international site - ie, be, co.uk, etc, almost anything other than .com will have better pricing (use the change your country down the bottom of the page to get to other sites).
I found through the ie and be sites had 50% off for a stay from the Tue, no discount for a stay from the Sunday, and the co.uk site have 40% off for a stay from the Sunday, and 10% off for a stay from the Tue, the .com site had no discounts.
It gets REALLY confusing with the different currencies then :), but rack rate seems to be the same across all sites, so if you go by the discount it's not too confusing. When you do the booking, just keep the country code the same as the website. I ended up booking through the co.uk site and had no trouble putting in all the Australian details and leaving country as GB. All confirmations were by email so didn't matter where I was.

You're right. I could just go ahead and try. Don't why I didn't of think of that myself! I am overwhelmed...

I just can't seem to get a handle of prices and whats reasonable or not. Breaking up the costs of tickets, food, hotels etc is just painful. Ok so I'm lazy I admit it. I know I just have to sit down and do some maths...

Shushh have you signed up for their emails DLP is the only one i get regular emails and offers from and i dont plan on going there til 2015.

Yes I've signed up but so far they seem to be quite last minute deals?!?!? Or is it my imagination? Maybe its because most people don't plan things more than 12 months in advance!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter