Horrible experience at Grand Floridian Cafe yesterday

lwilliam

<font color=deeppink>Goofylover<br><font color=tea
Our reservation was for 1:10, didn’t get seated till after 1:30, when we told them to cancel our reservation, they suddenly had a table for us. What we noticed was leaders working the tables. For this I blame Disney for not bringing back more cast members. The restaurant was packed at the time. They seated us in the back room which we normally love. Big, huge (family, all adults, 18 of them, two tables) family, LOUD family, again not Disney’s fault. The complaint I have is leaders clearing tables, taking orders and waiting for our breakfast. Why isn’t Disney bringing back more cast. It took about 30 minutes to get our food. I know what leaders make (salary), my husband was one before he was laid off. Why aren’t there cast members making money, and the tips. The wait is what annoyed me the most.

Cut them some slack. Being seated 20 minutes beyond your reservation time isn't unusual, nor is waiting 30 minutes for food. You sound really impatient.

As for why leads were working, maybe you forgot about this virus that is running rampant and requiring that sick or exposed persons stay home. This sounds like a scheduling issue where numerous people from that shift had to suddenly call out from work due to illness or exposure and there wasn't enough time to get replacements in. It happens all the time. It's part of what we have to deal with now. Sheesh.

To the OP - :hug:

I think some of the OP's frustration, and anger is with her DH being laid off, and not so much with the wait time...

Waiting 20 minutes for a table in Orlando or really any other big city is normal... and really expected... with or without reservations...and really isn't that long... most of the time its like 30 to 45 right now...

As far as the loud family... I guess that they were having a good time. Which is what we need right now. Some laughter is truly the best medicine...

People call in sick, or don't show up, or are running late, have a sick kid, car broke down or whatever life throws at you... just like at every other work place in the world. Especially with the cause of all of this still running rampant, maybe they sent someone home, or maybe it just the way it is right now...

Patience is something that we all have had to embrace. The fact that the restaurant is busy, is a good thing, it means that people are trying to return to normal, within the guidelines... The busier things get the faster more people should be called back to work...

Wishing everyone Peace, Love and Pixie Dust and a extra dose of patience...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter