Horsebacking Riding...

WDW2002

DIS Veteran
Do you pay in advance for the horseback riding?? Or do you pay when you get there?? My DD11 says she wants to go with her sister and I but she is NOT an animal person. Also is there / what is the cancel policy.

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question specifically. You may want to wait until you get there. I haven't heard a good review of the horseback riding yet. Most people say that it's like riding in a farmer's field. Nothing really exciting. Just my opinion.

Have a great trip!

Not being "exciting" is fine. This will be my animal lovers first time on a horse (unless you count the fair going around in a cirlce). What I am debating is whether to book it for the animal disliker (dd11).

The best that I could do was find you a phone #. Sorry. I hope that someone there can help.

...Call for reservations 407-824-2832...

When I did this last Feb. I paid when I got there. You can make reservations in advance, but I'm not aware of a cancellation policy. I just called that morning for an 11:30am ride. When you check in you pay for the ride.

I think it'll be a great experience for a first timer. All the horses are very quiet and they match your ability to the horse. You ride single file and only walk for the 45 minute ride. There are 2 wranglers (CMs). One leads, the other brings up the rear of the group. There are hard hats available for extra safety.

Hope this helps!!! :smooth:

Most definately get the riding hats for the kids. The horses (and horses in general) have a mind of their own! When we rode, a lady was on a horse and it started running through the corral. She wasn't an experienced rider, but somehow got it stopped. Some of the horses don't get along with the ours which can cause problems (like the above situation). The CM we had was so rude! Long story, but my DD almost didn't want to ride after the horse got away from the lady. And, all you do is go around in circles in the woods. Nothing special at all.

This is deffinately a novice horse-lover's excursion. Not for the chronic horseperson;) But it is relaxing!!!

All you do is walk but the walk is pretty thru the woods & it will help if you are having withdrawals from your own horse:rolleyes:

Not all the horses are for beginners....BE VERY TRUTHFUL when they ask what your riding experience is. Get the helmet if it's your first time & for your kids! They will tailor you to your horse. I think I had the same rude CM, but I would call her more of "all business" type. I'm sure they gets lots of folks who say, "Oh yeah! I can ride!" Then don't even know how to put their feet in the stirrups or hold the reins. A no-nonsense attitude is essential when you are dealing with 1100 pound animals with minds of their own. :eek: Not to mention peeps who think they know how to ride cuz they watched a few John Wayne movies! :rolleyes:

Anyone who wants to try riding for the very first time, this is a great way to get their feet wet. At the same time be ready for anything. A horse can bolt, or shake from one end to the other without any warning (which can be funny as heck, the shaking that is). My suggestion is to ask the non-animal type person first...also...I paid for my ride with my wishes! Purty handy! :wave:

Also for the extreme novice....horses can walk & poop at the same time....however they will stop to pee! So if you are riding & your horses stops for no apparent reason, wait & see if he's gotta go for a minute! lol

Have fun!!!!! Giddyup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter