Housing for PI's/Disney employees!!

Rustyflwr3

<font color=teal>"I only hope that we never lose s
Hey all!

There seems to be a lot of us on here that are currently looking for housing near Disney!

For me, I was looking for a nice, safe community that was reasonably priced and close to Disney

Why don't we compile a list of places that past, present, and future PI's and other Disney employees have lived or looking to live.

Mine:
-The Broadwater apartments (looking at)
-The village at town center

I lived at Broadwater for a year, and it was a reasonably nice place, but really the best thing going was the location. For the money, there are nicer places out there. Broadwater was reasonably quiet, and I never had any problems with crime, but all the appliances were as old as I am, which means high utility bills.

Currently I live at Legacy Dunes on 192. Which is a bit further away than Broadwater is, but in a 4 br apt, I'm paying for rent AND utilities what I paid just in rent at Broadwater. I've heard some complaints about the management that took over when the complex was sold, but I didn't experience it before hand, and I haven't had any problems.

Several friends live at Cagan Crossings. (US 27 right near 192). I looked there when I was looking to move, and the person in the office seemed to have absolutely no interest in whether or not I actually rented an apartment there. When I asked for a brochure, she, without a word, slid a brochure across the table, while making a face. I didn't even bother asking to see one of the units.

Some of you might be interested in McKinley Suites' properties -- you can view them at mckinleysuites.com.

They look a little pricey, but the price is for a fully furnished apartment with internet/cable and all utilities paid, and if you share a two-bedroom, it's probably not too far off from what you'd be paying at Disney. They also offer discounts for Disney employees and will accept your offer letter as proof of employment until you get here. They also allow pets.

My company uses them as temporary housing for people relocating to Orlando, and everyone's been happy with them so far. We've put some at Portofino, some at Bella Casa and some at Indigo, which is in Winter Park and probably a little far for y'all. I think Bella Casa and Portofino both have 2 bedroom units.

Glad to hear that McKinley gets a good review. Since I'm coming down from Michigan, I'd rather not have to move all of my furniture, so I've been looking for a furnished, short-term apartment. I ran across their website the other day and it looks promising.

Wherever you end up looking (esp if you're looking in kissimmee), check out the area at night. More than just 1 night if you can. Sometimes its just a matter of blocks between a nice place and a run down looking place with crime. I never felt unsafe in my apartment complex (right off of 192 in kissimmee), but I saw plenty of cop cars and arrests when I was driving around getting different places.

How in the world do yall afford these apartments. I was just looking at the apartments suggested at mckinleysuites.com. The apartments are running from $1000-$2000 a month. Making $9-$11 an hr, I just dont see how thats remotely affordable.

Maybe Im missing something though.

blondsunshine02 said:
:cool1: I'm in the process of signing a lease for a 2 bedroom/2bathroom Condo and should be finalizing everying on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. I am looking for another female professional intern to split the rent with.
If interested please send a private message to me ~ I'll send you the details

What complex are you signing the lease with?

Has anybody heard about the following places:? Im having a really tough time deciding where to live; price, location, safety, etc.!!

Villas at Southern Dunes in Haines City
Kissimmee pines villas

They both have amazing reviews, but I just don't know!!

Also, does anybody know how bad the commute would be for places somewhat close to Winter Park? According to map quest it is a 33 minute commute, which is fine, but how terrible is traffic? Would it actually be an hour?

Thanks for any help...this is driving me nuts!!

blondsunshine02,

I was thinking along the lines of each person gets their own room. If you calculate 2 people per room, then it would cost about the same.

Also, does anybody know how bad the commute would be for places somewhat close to Winter Park? According to map quest it is a 33 minute commute, which is fine, but how terrible is traffic? Would it actually be an hour?

It depends on where you're looking. I live in what's basically Winter Park (Baldwin Park; while my address is Orlando, houses across the street have Winter Park addresses and I'm not far from Winter Park HS) and work in the Millenia area. It easily takes me 25 minutes to get to work, and it would be another 25-30 to Disney, depending on what area you were working in.

I have family who live in Keene's Pointe, in Windermere (you can see MK fireworks from their hot tub!), and it easily takes me 45 minutes to get there in little to no traffic if I take the 408; I usually don't mess with I-4 out that way unless I have to.

I-4 (both East and West) tends to get really congested in the mornings anywhere north of Fairbanks. Rush hour traffic in the evening on I-4 through downtown is also pretty heinous -- it's 25 minutes for me to get to work, but usually 45 or so to get home.

I'm having the same problem with housing, but i'm going down as a full time employee in the character department. I start in January, but right now I only have a temp place for a few weeks. I don't know where i will find a place and a roomie in that amount of time! :confused3

After searching for a few weeks, I've come to the conclusion that there are no good apartments in Orlando or apartment rating websites are just places where people can complain a lot. Every single apartment I've searching on apartment ratings has been bad... has anyone found good apartment ratings, you know ones that don't describe the place as a ghetto?

^^you feeling that too?

I'll just have to wait until I go down in December and sign a lease in January.

I was feeling that too. It was really frustrating that all of the ratings were terrible. I dont know if I beleive all of them, but since I dont know the area, I had to go with a place that had awesome ratings. Granted, its more expensive and a little bit of a commute, but I will be sharing and the commute is worth it if I dont have to watch out (as carefully) for high crime rate and trashy places..(Only seen on apartment rating sites..not my own personal opinion)

If you are interested, here is where we completed applications and lease agreements today: www.archstoneapartments.com (archstone promenade)

SoonerKate: Thank you for your advice!! MK fireworks from their hot tub...pretty amazing!!

leilani11 said:
After searching for a few weeks, I've come to the conclusion that there are no good apartments in Orlando or apartment rating websites are just places where people can complain a lot. Every single apartment I've searching on apartment ratings has been bad... has anyone found good apartment ratings, you know ones that don't describe the place as a ghetto?

i have bad news for you: orlando has one of the highest crime rates in the country - i'm talkin' like in the top 5, i believe.

BUT i do have good news, i lived there all summer and my fiance has lived there for almost two years now and i haven't seen or experienced any of the stuff the apartment ratings have said. PM if you want some info on where we have an apartment and whatnot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter