How are you getting Entertainment Rates at US on-site hotels???!!!

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Please help. I've tried the USEscape toll free number, been transferred to sales in Rhode Island, called Loews central reservations and even tried Loews First. No one I speak to apparently knows anything about the Entertainment Card Discount. WHO CAN I CALL TO GET THE DISCOUNTED RATE?

I would call the hotel reservations directly if you arent having luck elsewhere. Here is The portofino direct # 1-407-503-1000
I dont know Hard Rocks direct # but if thats where you are planning on staying you can call the 800 number and request it. Good Luck

jessica5.gif

HRH number is 407-503-ROCK (number listed in Entertainment book), but they just transfered me to the general reservation department I think. I was unable to secure any Entertainment rate in Ocotber or November or beg of Dec for 2001. Oh well, I guess I will use my Lowes first benefits instead. According to their website, if you get the discounted rate you don't get the Lowes upgrade or other benefits.

Carrie
LOL.gif

wave.gif

I called the 800-uescape number and ordered my AP and then got my hotel reservations at HRH with the entertainment card rate! (I think!) Now that I look at my notes I have three 800 numbers on it, the one above and also 800-224-3838 and 800-889-7275. Now I am not sure which number I called! But I had no problem. Maybe you should try again??? ;)

Aloha again MSIM,

I came home on my lunch hour to do some long distance telephoning and have to get back, but I wanted to post for you:

Just called and found out for rooms only call:
1-800-232-7827

You can then request the Entertainment Card rate and also, if you are a Loews First member, put your number on the reservation (although Cindy said that she was not sure that the Loews number would stay on the reservation due to the computer program...)

Hope it works for you too. :)

The Entertainment book for our town does not have rates for the Universal hotels! I did not know what you all were talking about. (I did follow a link from these boards so I know we are talking about the same Entertainment book!) Also the Clarion you all have mentioned was not in there, just one with no toll free number in another part of town.

So instead, we got the Clarion - Universal, which is supposed to be 8 blocks from Universal, for $65/night on a Fri-Sat. in Feb. This was through surfing web sites on Funnymoney, and one in the travel section is called 1800hotels.com. Please tell me this is as good or better than the much-vaunted Entertainment book discount, as this is the best I could do!!

BTW, I tried calling the 1800hotels number as well as Clarion directly, and they kept quoting much higher rates, so you have to book it online. I also called Universal and even their cheapest discounted offsite (Best Western) package was almost $420 total. We already have park passes so I figured we could skip the package "extras" to save a few hundred (!) dollars for a 2 night stay!

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

The US on-site hotels do not have to be listed in your Entertainmetn book for you to get that rate (they are on the web site). I called 888 UESCAPE and had no problem getting an Entertainment rate.

Thanks for the phone number, goofy. It turns out they only have a few rooms at that discounted price, which are all taken already, so it's a good thing I got that other room after all!

Cheers :)

tink08.gif

Tried to book any room at Portofino Bay for December 15, 2001 with the Entertainment Card. Was told "nothing showing on the computer for that rate". Oh well, off to the Swan/Dolphin.

Lou Del Vecchio
loudbmw@erols.com

I called 1-800-711-0080 about 10 different times. Each time I was consistently told that the entertainment rate at Portofino for the beginning of September is $160/night. I booked it -- I really think that is a great rate.

Tried the 1-800-711-0080 number but they gave me another toll free number for room reservations for Portofino and Hard Rock - it's 1-800-232-7827 (press 2).

I spoke to a very nice reservationist who was familiar with the Entertainment Rate - he seemed a little surprised that there was nothing showing for December 2001. He suggested I try back in a month or two as they might open up these dates.

I didn't have a problem getting the Entertainment rate at Portofino for next September, but I did have to call back several times for other hotels in various cities. One being Toronto for next July. About 3 nights ago, I finally was able to get the Entertainment discount for July. Before this time, everytime I called they told me to call back because Entertainment rates were not in their computer system yet. So it does pay to keep calling back.

Just got the Entertainment rate of 117.50 + tax per night Garden View at HRH for Thanksgiving 2001. Available also was the deluxe view at 149.50. :D

I just booked 3 nights for May 11, 12, 13.
Had no problem when calling "1-800-232-7827" then pick "option 2".
Got "Garden View" for $160 per night with Entertainment card. It was easy and simple.

How far in advance of your trip can you make a reservation using the Entertainment discount for the Portofino? Also, how far do you need to book in general, just to get a room in the fall?

I booked my Aug/Sept, 2001, trip last December. I don't think it is ever "too soon" to book your trip, unless the discounted rates are not in their computer system yet. Plus, they only offer a certain amount of rooms at a discount, so I always call too soon rather than too late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter