How bad is Standard View?

You're going to see both ends of the spectrum on responses. All valid for that person posting.
Here's mine:
We don't travel to Hawaii to NOT have a fantastic view. Views are really important to us. A nice room, a nice view, all of it.
I can't imagine being in Hawaii and having a "garden" or "mountain" view, let alone a parking lot or street. Not gonna happen.
We equate Hawaii with the ocean and want to experience it when we are in our room.

If I had a non-view room, I would feel like a "have not" and be grumbly about not seeing the ocean. It's not good enough just to be in Hawaii and at Aulani. If I'm paying that much for a beautiful vacation, I want it to be 100% a tropical vacation with all the trappings. That's just me.

You need to figure out if the $3K is worth it to YOU. If it has value, then get the view room. If not, definitely don't. You've got many ideas on this thread. Now go and have the best time! It's a great place!

Aulani DVC owners or point renters, quick question: if I rent points, am I able to specify a handicapped accessible room?

Aulani DVC owners or point renters, quick question: if I rent points, am I able to specify a handicapped accessible room?
tell whomever you rent points with that you need that and they will have the owner put in the request.

I’ve been to Aulani several times as it’s one of our home resorts and have stand in most room save standard. I would strongly suggest:
1) Rent through one of the big shops and get Oceanview 1bed if you can/want.
2) Rent or rack 1 bed Island View ans request high floor Ewa tower

You will be so glad you did the 1 bedroom. Aulani is the only resort where we sometimes use the kitchen for sandwiches or whatever. The one bedroom is the only way to go if you can. The ability to wash swim suits and beach clothes is priceless.

Until the Atlantis goes in next door the back side of Ewa tower gives partial ocean views and a full view of the luau. It gets the sunrise in the am and quite a lot of light all day and is nice and quiet. It’s a actually my favorite view for right now. When the hotel goes up, I would only do ocean view which is exquisite. If you go OV, request high floor Ewa Tower- you get the sunset over the water.

But 💯 1 bedroom IV or OV. Pool is dark and loud.

As much as I would like to get a better view like ocean or garden view, I would rather save that money to either do excursions or dining. Im coming of the disney cruise where I splurged for a verandah, so I figured I would go with a standard view since it's only for a few days (i.e. 2 nights).

Our standard room overlooked the parking structure. Not the nicest view but then again, we weren't in the room a lot, so it really didn't matter.

I would try to rent points and then mention that it is your 10 year anniversary at check in. If you rent points, you save a lot and also get free parking. I have used David's and also from an owner thru the rent/trade board here on the disboards- both with no problems. With David's- I booked a standard room, but was upgraded to an ocean view room (could have been for the hot malasadas that I brought for the front desk. LOL )

First off lets be clear here unless you are booking the grand villas which are located at the end of the towers YOU ARE NOT getting a true ocean view. I have had both ocean and pool view on my 2 prior stays 1br and 2br had partial OBSTRUCTED ocean views. 2br was on 6 floor overlooking the water slide, and the 1br was overlooking the area where the "entertainment" for the lounge was nightly. We did not mind the noise but yes at times it could be annoying. This trip we choose island garden view have no idea what that means but it was where we decided to stay.
Now for the cost between ocean view (wink wink) and pool side I would choose pool view as you should have a partial ocean view as well if you lean out over your balcony and squint your eyes just so. Pool view is loud but it is still enjoyable.

My 2 cents

We never booked a standard view but once we booked a island view and got a room directly above the parking lot and there was a strange smell coming from outside. The resort was fully booked so they wouldn’t move us, but this seems like a standard view room to me.

I am hoping to get a standard view studio next year, cash reservation. But I think there is what only 18 in the whole place? But if I can't get one of those I will go with a standard view hotel room. But if they have discounts and they are not on the standard view rooms, I will move it up a notch to the island garden view rooms. I will also make sure they know we are there celebrating 25 years of marriage. You never know what you might get surprised with. I would have to get over my fear of staying above the 5th floor though, lol.

We had a standard view 1 bedroom when we were there summer 2018. It was wonderful. We did a lot of research about what rooms have what views, and made room requests accordingly. We also requested "highest floor," which was 7 for standard view. This got us a mountain view and views of Honolulu in the distance. I would book it again in a minute. In fact, we are going back next summer, and we currently have a standard view one bedroom booked again. I plan to request the same room we had last time--it was amazing! HUGE lanai--we sat outside and gazed at the mountains every morning while drinking our coffee. The lower point value for standard view made it so that we could stay an extra night.

You can see the pix and info in the post below:
[URL]https://www.disboards.com/threads/aulani-villas-views-updated-03-21-2017.3570961/post-59348977[/URL]
Hello, I am reading and doing research here, and would love suggestions on what to request for a decent view in a standard one bedroom. It is highest floor, and rooms ending in 69? Are there other things or room numbers to request? Any info would be helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter