How can we avoid the construction traffic on I4

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
We are traveling south on 95 we usually take i4 down to exit 67. I just heard how bad the traffic is with the construction. Is there a way around the construction?

Yes, there is an alternative but it is substantially further. Two suggestions if you want to try it:
1, get off I-95 onto I-4 west and take that to rte 417. Take that around Orlando to WDW.
2. stay on I-95 until you get to 528. Take that to I-4 west to WDW (or get off at 417 and take that around Orlando to WDW).

Yes, there is an alternative but it is substantially further. Two suggestions if you want to try it:
1, get off I-95 onto I-4 west and take that to rte 417. Take that around Orlando to WDW.
2. stay on I-95 until you get to 528. Take that to I-4 west to WDW (or get off at 417 and take that around Orlando to WDW).
Thank you

I just drove through Orlando today Eastbound. Last Thursday drove through Orlando Westbound. I took my usual route on I-4 and it wasn't too bad. Periodically in the past I have done the 417 "Greeenway" route around Orlando and actually experienced worse traffic backups, especially around the East/West Expressway and then the Bee Line.

They have the new normal lanes open with a jig-jag every so often. They are now working on the new express lanes in the former median.

I would recommend to still consider using I-4 as opposed to 417

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!