How comfy are the sofa beds???

Avery&Todd

DIS Veteran
I feel I can pretty much guess the answer to my questions but I thought I'd ask anyway! :rolleyes1

How comfy are the sofa beds in the 2 bedroom lock-off villa? Specifically the sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom? AND the sofa bed in the living room of the 1 bedroom villas...

We're currently booked for June but since we're not sure at this time if that trip will happen so we're having discussions about moving it to over Christmas. I can find availability at the DVC resorts for our proposed dates but some of my choices are lock-offs and we haven't stayed in one before.

Oh, and this would be for 6 or 7 nights if that matters..

The person staying in the sofa bed would be a 21 yr old and not a small kid....or even small adult sized! :rotfl2:

Thanks!

ps - and I did try to search for this question/answer and found a bunch of threads talking about there being a sofa bed but not if they're really comfy or not...

I have slept on the sofa bed in a 2BR at CCV a couple times and found it very comfortable. Some of the sofa beds are different materials depending on the resort you go to. I personally like my mattress firm so the sofa bed is very comfortable for me.

I slept on the sofa bed in a BLT studio, alongside my at the time 2 year old son, for 8 nights in the summer of 2017. I actually liked it quite a bit. The mattress was thinner but denser than the regular bed, and I felt that that helped keep me a bit cooler. I'm 6'1" and somewhere around 265 pounds if that helps.

my kids prefer sofa beds to regular beds. i've slept on a few DVC soft beds and I don't think the 21 yrs old will be un-happy

You could stay at OKW, then you will have 2 real queen beds in the 2nd bedroom.
The LR will have queen sofa and twin chair bed.

I've slept on sofa bed of VGF studio and BC studio within the past year and felt both were comfortable. Slightly firm (which didn't bother me) but no uncomfortable bars or anything like that. Friends slept on the Murphy at Rivera and though it was fine but obviously very new.

More comfy than a couple of hotel beds I’ve slept on. My kids love the DVC sofa beds and I’ve also had a good night’s sleep on one.

My SIL slept on the BL pull out with his friend, while DD and GD shared the bed. The first night they said it was supportive but very hard. I told them they could request - free of charge - a foam mattress topper. They did - housekeeping tried to push back but my daughter said I told her it was allowed. They returned from the parks to find a topper on the sofa. My SIL said it made all the difference - the bed was very comfortable then.

This past May I slept on the pull out at AK-J. I found it very firm but comfortable. I had no problem. I knew I could request a topper but I didn't feel a need.

I slept on a sofa bed in June at an AKL value studio and it was awful. The new Murphy beds are much thicker than the thin sofa bed mattress so I try to stay somewhere with those now

I feel I can pretty much guess the answer to my questions but I thought I'd ask anyway! :rolleyes1

How comfy are the sofa beds in the 2 bedroom lock-off villa? Specifically the sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom? AND the sofa bed in the living room of the 1 bedroom villas...

We're currently booked for June but since we're not sure at this time if that trip will happen so we're having discussions about moving it to over Christmas. I can find availability at the DVC resorts for our proposed dates but some of my choices are lock-offs and we haven't stayed in one before.

Oh, and this would be for 6 or 7 nights if that matters..

The person staying in the sofa bed would be a 21 yr old and not a small kid....or even small adult sized! :rotfl2:

Thanks!

ps - and I did try to search for this question/answer and found a bunch of threads talking about there being a sofa bed but not if they're really comfy or not...
Which resort are you staying at? IME different resort’s sofa beds have different levels of comfort. Back when VGF had sofa beds I thought those were very comfortable as is the Murphy pull down bed that recently replaced the sofa beds at the VGF. OTH, all of the AKV Jambo sofa beds I’ve slept on have been awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!