how did you choose your username for the dis?

Mine is my penname I use when I read and write fanfiction for a particular fandom. Though now, I wish I could change it to something more fitting for the forums.

I've used this username for most of my generic accounts since I was in high school. I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, and back then we were playing a lot of Final Fantasy X. One interesting aspect of the game is the language used by a group called the Al Bhed. I wanted something that looked/sounded cool in Al Bhed, but that could still mean something. "Vena rosh" in Al Bhed translates to "Fire Hymn" in English. So to make it look cool, I smushed them together and chopped off the 'H' to get Venaros. It's cool and unique enough that 9 times out of 10 it's available. There's some back and forth on how it is actually pronounced, but I typically go with putting the emphasis on the 'nar' syllable. Like: vuh-nar-os.

Back when I joined the DIS, I was a soon to be freshman in high school who was big into playing softball. Now I'm an adult who hasn't swung a bat since I was 16, so the name doesn't quite fit anymore :laughing: At least I still enjoy watching the game

Mine is a combination of my cats name (Jaws) and a name I often use online for forums/games (Osbourne)

While lurking here for 6+ months, I was hoping to come up with something cleverly Disney-ish for when I finally created an account. Instead I wound up using this anagram of mine and DH's first names that I had previously come up with but never used.

Well, I live in Madison, WI, which is colloquially known as "MadTown..." And we have quite a few cats in our family, we have German ancestry, and thus..."MadTownKatz!"

My username is a reference to DC's Owlman, and beyond that, an in joke with a friend of mine who is partiuclarly patient iwth my Disney obsession and a huge Marvel fan besides.

So it was the name I used to use in the days of the BBS's as a handle. I came up with it based of of a short story I has been writing (this was the name I had created for the protagonist). The story never went anywhere but I still use the name as an internet handle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!