How did you get to the Port??

GoofyDisneyMom

Earning My Ears
We are going on our first Disney Cruise (first cruise anywhere) the end of August. I am wondering how people get to the Port?? We need to go from the airport to WDW for a few days then to the Port. When we get back we need to go from the Port to a hotel next to the airport. The hotel has commplimentry shuttle to the airport so that is covered. Who did you use for your transportation needs and what was the cost. I have heard about a few car services but don't know who to choose. Thank you very much.
I also want to thank everyone who gives their advice about the cruises and those great trip reports. It has helped me plan our trip and it is great to read about how other people have handled having a teen and a toddler on the cruise. I am very excited about going!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GoofyDisneyMom
Going on first cruise 7 day to Western Carribean

On cruise number one we used DCL transportation, it worked out great as we had been at the Poly before the cruise, they picked us right up there and took us to the pier.
Cruises two and three (and upcomming four) we have rented a car. We fly in the night before and drive down to the pier to return the car. As we have a late afternoon flight home this works well so we can go to DDT or gatorland or whatever for the day.

You have three options...

<nl><li>Take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and use Disney transporation (approx $46/pp RT).

<li>Hire a car service such as those listed above. This typically costs about $100 each way with tax and tip.

<li>Rent a rental car and return it at a location near the port. I have details about this option at my web site (www.dcltribute.com/carhire) and I also have driving directions (www.dcltribute.com/directions).

We'll be driving from Orlando to Port Canaveral for our cruise, questioin:

How much time should we expect it to take to drive from Orlando to the DCL terminal in Port Canaveral??

Originally posted by ivanova

We'll be driving from Orlando to Port Canaveral... How much time should we expect it to take to drive from Orlando to the DCL terminal in Port Canaveral??

It's about 45 minutes from the Orlando Airport, or about 75 minutes from the "attractions area".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter