How do I do this?

Steve on LI

Earning My Ears
I don't know the logistics of how to book at a non home resort.

My home resort is BWV. I will book my vacation at my home resort at my 11 month window. However, I want to go to VB next year as well (same trip). I know if that I have to book at a 7 month window, but what if I can't get ressies? Do I book all my nights at BWV, then cancel 3 nights at the 7 month window to book at VB. This seems logical as a back up if I can't get VB. How hard is it to book at VB for lets say this past weekend next year (Sunday/Monday/Tuesday).

Steve, yes, what you plan is probably the best way to go. The only sure way to ensure you have a room for all your nights is to book them all at BWV at 11-months, then at 7-months go for the VB ressie. At that time MS can help you in making VB reservations and then changing BWV to fewer nights.

I've never tried VB on a weekend in late June, but it is still just a few weeks into the DREAM season, so you might be OK. Maybe some others have some actual experiences they can add.

You might also be flexible in when the VB part falls within your total trip, at the beginning, or at the end. That might give you more chances. It also will depend on what type of unit you're after.

We made ressies (studio) for VB for the week of June 12th of this year but ended up cancelling them. I believe I called approximately 3 months prior to departure and they had a large inventory of rooms. I know because I was very indecisive on where we were going to stay and frequently inquired about available inventory. June is not peak season at VB.

We eventually decided on OKW. However, we did take a day trip to VB and enjoyed the pool and beach. The pool was fairly crowded but there were lounge chairs available. The beach was empty compared to the pool.

Hope that helps.

Mary

We have never had problems getting ressies at VB during peak time (april-spring break). I don't think that june is paek time at vb. You could always ask member services what time of year is vb hard to get rooms. JP:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter