How do I "hide" plans on MDE?

Klayfish

DIS Veteran
We are hard core off-site people. But for our Christmas trip, we decided to spend one night at the Dolphin (or the Swan, frankly I forget) because we think the kids would get a kick out of it...plus we can stay for free using bonus points. So it's now in our plans on MDE, and of course our kids have seen it, since they're so darn nosy. :D We told them it must be some kind of error, as we wanted to keep it a surprise.

How can I hide just those plans on MDE, so they can't see them?

Unfortunately I think the cat is out of the bag. Or, specifically in this case, the "mouse" is out of the bag.

Wouldn’t your kids also wonder why your FPs are also booked for the Christmas trip, or, are you already maxed out with your APs?

If you are maxed out for FPs on your AP and didn’t/don’t need the 60-day onsite window, maybe you could call IT and have the reservation removed.

Even if you have Dolphin removed, any of your FPs for next month remain intact.

Wouldn’t your kids also wonder why your FPs are also booked for the Christmas trip, or, are you already maxed out with your APs?

If you are maxed out for FPs on your AP and didn’t/don’t need the 60-day onsite window, maybe you could call IT and have the reservation removed.

Even if you have Dolphin removed, any of your FPs for next month remain intact.

Yep, we're maxed out with our APs anyway, so we're just starting to make Christmas trip FP+ now. We're here for 8 park days on our Thanksgiving trip, so we couldn't even make FP+ for day 8 until we were here. Now, we're w/in the 30 day window for the Xmas trip and are making new FP+ each day, so that part is all explainable. I may just leave it alone then. Our kids really have bought the "it must be a mistake" explanation hook, line and sinker. We NEVER stay onsite. At the end of the day, if they still have suspicions, that's fine, it's not a big deal. It's all for fun anyway, so it's all good.

So it's now in our plans on MDE, and of course our kids have seen it, since they're so darn nosy.

Lol. Time to change the password on computer and/or phone!

My son is 13 and has never seen the MDE interface. Doesn’t want to and wouldn’t be able to get into my systems anyway. :)

I may just leave it alone then.
With your linked Dolphin stay, you do benefit from the 60-day rolling window.

Up until you actually checkout of the Dolphin, your FP booking window will be open through late February.

I wanted to surprise my older kids with a trip for xmas and once I linked their tickets on MDE it sent them an email telling them ! I was so annoyed!

I wanted to surprise my older kids with a trip for xmas and once I linked their tickets on MDE it sent them an email telling them ! I was so annoyed!

I guess it kind of ruined your plans. Were they at least surprised and excited?

This thread is very useful for me, because I've been thinking about how I might hide plans for a trip next year. I'm wondering if it would work to register my guests as fake persons with fake emails, and then transfer everything to the correct MDE accounts later?

I guess it kind of ruined your plans. Were they at least surprised and excited?

This thread is very useful for me, because I've been thinking about how I might hide plans for a trip next year. I'm wondering if it would work to register my guests as fake persons with fake emails, and then transfer everything to the correct MDE accounts later?
You only need to use 1 secondary MDE account that has the same amount of Fake Name people listed.

Tickets can be purchased for the Fake people. After the surprise is revealed, link MDE#2 to MDE #1 where all real people are linked together and reassign the tickets. It’s best to reveal the surprise before you book FPs. If you need to change the FPs from Fake People to real people, use Change Party for each booked FP. You’ll need to “Change Party” for all FPs within the day after you reassign the tickets.

Or, if you don’t need your onsite reservation for the 60-day booking window as the OP didn’t need it at all, don’t ever link it to your MDE account.

You only need to use 1 secondary MDE account that has the same amount of Fake Name people listed.

Tickets can be purchased for the Fake people. After the surprise is revealed, link MDE#2 to MDE #1 where all real people are linked together and reassign the tickets. It’s best to reveal the surprise before you book FPs. If you need to change the FPs from Fake People to real people, use Change Party for each booked FP. You’ll need to “Change Party” for all FPs within the day after you reassign the tickets.

Or, if you don’t need your onsite reservation for the 60-day booking window as the OP didn’t need it at all, don’t ever link it to your MDE account.

Totally makes sense! Thank you @hiroMYhero!!

Do you even need the second MDE account? You could just create fake people in the one main account.

We are hard core off-site people. But for our Christmas trip, we decided to spend one night at the Dolphin (or the Swan, frankly I forget) because we think the kids would get a kick out of it...plus we can stay for free using bonus points. So it's now in our plans on MDE, and of course our kids have seen it, since they're so darn nosy. :D We told them it must be some kind of error, as we wanted to keep it a surprise.

How can I hide just those plans on MDE, so they can't see them?

Change your password and don't give it to the kids?

Do you even need the second MDE account? You could just create fake people in the one main account.
And anyone with access to the main account will see that Bryan is scheduling a trip with his new best friends. ;)

And anyone with access to the main account will see that Bryan is scheduling a trip with his new best friends. ;)
You can limit what your friends can see. Just set them up so they can only see your shared plans, not all your plans.

You can limit what your friends can see. Just set them up so they can only see your shared plans, not all your plans.
They can be limited but if Bryan has some listed as Family and Friends, not linked from another MDE, or has given them login access to the main account, they can see everyone listed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter