How do the pin sellers on e-bay afford to sell pins so cheap??

Indeed,

You can get 1000 pins in lots of 10 for $600 from china. So if the person you won them from sells all 1000 for a buck each they just made 400 bucks.

if you only got a small amount I would not worry about it this time around. But in the future I would tend to stay away from ebay lots as no matter what anyone says, if you are buying a pin for less then 3 or so buck its not a real disney pin.

In truth, if you have done any trading at disney you most likely have traded for a bad pin. They are all over the place at wdw and really most people never notice. So if your just looking to have fun and trade for some pins then it does not really matter if you trade for a legit one or not.

It really is hard for people who collect pins, and there the ones that are going to be most upset by the amount of fake pins out there.

Good luck, have fun.

Nearly all the pins I got from ebay have disney or wdw logo or pin trading logo on them.. there was maybe four I got but it was listed on the auction as not being pin trading badges so how are the ones you get fake?

Nearly all the pins I got from ebay have disney or wdw logo or pin trading logo on them.. there was maybe four I got but it was listed on the auction as not being pin trading badges so how are the ones you get fake?

Fake or scrapper pins look nearly identical to authentic pins, including wording and the Disney copyright on the back. Depending on the pins quality is how you can mostly tell.

Well, I have sold pins on ebay. For me it is just that I was a big collector back in 2000/2001. Now, I really don't do pin collecting very much unless it is something I really like. I decided I would rather pay off a few credit cards rather than having bags of Disney pins in my closet. Plus, I am really trying to de-clutter my life. So, I have taken a loss and will sell them just to make a little money back and clear stuff out.

I know there are a lot of fake sellers there, but don't just assume that everyone who is on ebay is bad.

OH...and I have sold in "lots" too...mainly because I didn't want to sit at my computer for 18 hours listing each thing indivdually!

Yensid, share your eBay ID with us. :) If you have pins up that is. :)

Darlene and Nena are awesome. They frequent a few other Disney boards that I am a member of and they never fail to impress.

I have purchased probably 150 pins from them and they really do try to ensure that what they sell is legit,

Good people.
R

Darlene and Nena are awesome. They frequent a few other Disney boards that I am a member of and they never fail to impress.

I have purchased probably 150 pins from them and they really do try to ensure that what they sell is legit,

Good people.
R

I too have purchased from Darlene & Nena, I've even met them at DLR. :) They are great people and they do try to ensure their pins are good. In fact when I met them (quite by accident, we were there at the same time and she mentioned she sells pins when I was looking at hers to trade, I asked what her name was and turned out I had about 100 traders I'd purchased from her on that trip LOL) I let her know that one of the pins I got from her was a scrapper, it was a pirate pin and I intended to keep it, she felt so bad it was fake (she just didn't know what the signs were for that pin but someone else had told me earlier that day) she gave me a new one and wouldn't take a trade for it. :)
I really like working with Darlene & Nena, they are good people.

Well, I have sold pins on ebay. For me it is just that I was a big collector back in 2000/2001. Now, I really don't do pin collecting very much unless it is something I really like. I decided I would rather pay off a few credit cards rather than having bags of Disney pins in my closet. Plus, I am really trying to de-clutter my life. So, I have taken a loss and will sell them just to make a little money back and clear stuff out.

I know there are a lot of fake sellers there, but don't just assume that everyone who is on ebay is bad.

OH...and I have sold in "lots" too...mainly because I didn't want to sit at my computer for 18 hours listing each thing indivdually!

Its usually fairly easy to spot a collector divesting their collection vs a scrapper reseller.

Legit signs:
Picture of actual pins
One or two "good" pins that are not known scrappers in the lots
Seller also lists non pin Disney items showing they are cleaning house

Counterfeiter signs:
Sells lots of pins with no pictures
Pictures are all known scrappers
Sells hundreds and thousands of pins for $1 or less
And, well, some sellers I just know who they are and have seen them dumping scrappers in the parks.

Its usually fairly easy to spot a collector divesting their collection vs a scrapper reseller.

Legit signs:
Picture of actual pins
One or two "good" pins that are not known scrappers in the lots
Seller also lists non pin Disney items showing they are cleaning house

Counterfeiter signs:
Sells lots of pins with no pictures
Pictures are all known scrappers
Sells hundreds and thousands of pins for $1 or less
And, well, some sellers I just know who they are and have seen them dumping scrappers in the parks.

I do agree with all of your legit signs except the last one. We don't collect anything but pins so for me cleaning house means Disney pins and not other items. It is a good way to tell for the most part but not every time. :) Just thought I'd mention that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter