How Do You Display Your Collections?

disneycrazi

watch your head and step as you disembark
Hoping for some great ideas....how does everyone display their Disney collections? Are they all together? Dispersed thru rhe house? Curio cabinet? Also if say you collect Haunted Mansion items and you have pins, are the pins with the Haunted Mansion items or are they with all your other pins? Thanks in advance for sharing, I always get the best advice here!!!!

Hunchback of Notre Dame Pin collection.

frame with a wide mat and an 11x14 "blurry" like watercolor image of the Rose window shining down on Esmerelda in the middle. The picture is on a double mat so it's raised above the surrounding mat where the pins are. the pins are clustered - the garogoyles,
Esmereldas and goats, Quasimodos & Phoebus, the villain by himself. I only have one "narrator" the jester, so he is alone too.

Most of our Disney "stuff" is in one room, the loft, where we watch tv. . . kites from AK, framed sketch of Goofy from the Backstage Magic tour, Two framed sketches by Don "Ducky" Williams, A quilted wallhanging by a friend of Disney fabric, Some stuffed characters, a "lava lamp" filled with mickey heads. Banks.

The "living room" has two framed LaNouba posters

The kitchen colorscheme was designed around my Penzo Pottery (Animal Kingdom, wildlife) which is displayed and used there.

The Master bath has two framed lithos of our two dvc 'home resorts'.

Library/guest room has two framed 'cartoons' of us.

Powder bath has three framed lithos we received on cruises.

The garage has a poster size nautical chart with our first 4 cruises plotted on it.

Oh, Dear. We've got more c*ap than I thought? Am I really going to move all this stuff????

Wow I so would love to be able to see pics of your home. And wait you are moving? I haved moved so much that when we bought our condo we are in we said NEVER again. The only way I would move is if upon retirement we move next door to Disney! Your home sounds absolutely lovely, pretty much Disney touches everywhere!!!

I have a question, did you frame your pins? I collect specific pins that having special meaning to me. I don't know what to do with them all

As for displaying my disney collectibles...I have a half bath that I made my chip and dale bathroom (my favs). The towels are embroidered with chip and dale. I have my original aketches, cells and special stuffed chipmunk also in there. Come Christmas I change it out with my chip and dale Christmas decorations.

As for the Lenox and arribas brother collections, I have them in a display case. I try to put a bit of Disney in every room of my house though

We have a pin collection that we display. We used a souvenir map mounted on foam board to display our Disney park pin collection. We didn't really collect pins before this and normally we travel to WDW in Florida, but I came across this Disneyland souvenir map and thought it would be a fun challenge to look for Disneyland pins to add to it. It has been fun getting to know another park through its pins. I worked on my map project for a little over 7 years. I have 90 pins ranging from Cast Member exclusives to retired pins and current editions on the map. I have it framed and it hangs in our house.

We have other Disney stuff stattered throughout the house. We plan on working on finishing the basement and making it all Disney themed. There is a Mickey bathroom down there that is almost complete and we have recreated the Haunted Mansion wallpaper in the office area. We started the basement about 8 years ago, but we started taking more frequent trips to Disney so the extra money went towards that instead of finishing the basement. Hopefully this is the year we get back to the basement projects.

Here are some photos of my pin map.
DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

Finally framed!!
DSC07200.jpg

DSC07197.jpg

Here are some old photos of the bathroom. Baseboard is not down and I haven't decided what to hang on the wall yet... Too much to choose from.
DSC03757.jpg

DSC03741.jpg

DSC03755.jpg

This is the office area that is not complete. We are going to get rid of the desks and put a built in desk along the whole back wall.
DSC03206.jpg

DSC03732.jpg

Love love love all the pics the frame is amazing and that Mickey mirror is fabulous!!!!

Love love love all the pics the frame is amazing and that Mickey mirror is fabulous!!!!

Thanks! We like it and hope to work on it some more in the near future.

The Mickey mirror was ordered from DisneyShopping.com in their clearance section for $35 many many years ago.

My pins are pinned to the front of a canvas tote I bought at WDW. I have Mickey & Minnie plushes my daughter gave us for Christmas tucked inside with their heads & arms hanging out. The tote is hanging on the corner of a shelf in my craft room.

My pressed pennies are in 2 penny holders, 1 from WDW & 1 from DL, but I've got more pennies with no room to put them. I want to come up with some other idea.

All the other Disney collectibles are in the curio cabinets in the dining room.

haunted mansion wallpaper?!! Where did you find that?:worship:

If you go to Spoonflower they have quite a few Disney themed wallpaper designs and those include Haunted Mansion. Not sure where PP got theirs but this is where we are getting ours for our Haunted Mansion office alcove which is right off our master bedroom, that room is half Snow White and half Evil Queen, instead of a headboard we have a huge wall decal that is of the dark forest.....very cool.

haunted mansion wallpaper?!! Where did you find that?:worship:

If you go to Spoonflower they have quite a few Disney themed wallpaper designs and those include Haunted Mansion. Not sure where PP got theirs but this is where we are getting ours for our Haunted Mansion office alcove which is right off our master bedroom, that room is half Snow White and half Evil Queen, instead of a headboard we have a huge wall decal that is of the dark forest.....very cool.

Sorry, been off the boards for a while...

It isn't wallpaper. It is all paint. Here is an old thread that kind of shows how we did it. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1576493

We have a pin collection that we display. We used a souvenir map mounted on foam board to display our Disney park pin collection. We didn't really collect pins before this and normally we travel to WDW in Florida, but I came across this Disneyland souvenir map and thought it would be a fun challenge to look for Disneyland pins to add to it. It has been fun getting to know another park through its pins. I worked on my map project for a little over 7 years. I have 90 pins ranging from Cast Member exclusives to retired pins and current editions on the map. I have it framed and it hangs in our house.

We have other Disney stuff stattered throughout the house. We plan on working on finishing the basement and making it all Disney themed. There is a Mickey bathroom down there that is almost complete and we have recreated the Haunted Mansion wallpaper in the office area. We started the basement about 8 years ago, but we started taking more frequent trips to Disney so the extra money went towards that instead of finishing the basement. Hopefully this is the year we get back to the basement projects.

Here are some photos of my pin map.
DSC00355.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

Finally framed!!
DSC07200.jpg

DSC07197.jpg

This is so cool. I love that idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!