How do you feel about...

KT2038

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I hope you have all stayed safe and well over the last few months!

I was wondering, if we said we were cruising from tomorrow, how many of you would jump at the chance to cruise again?? Just something we have all been discussing amongst ourselves lately.
I can’t wait until we are all back together with you on the seas!
KT :)

No, I wouldn't jump yet. I haven't even been brave enough to get a hair cut since March 5.
I will return to working in my office next week for the first time since March 20 and they have completely reconfigured our office to keep us 6 feet apart, no shared equipment, plexi-glass shields between all employees, masks required. So baby steps for me. No way I'd cruise or fly or eat in a restaurant any time soon.

Nope, we will wait. I want to see how the protocol works on the ship. We’ve had 3 canceled cruises so far. We moved January 2021 to April 2021. Now I don’t think I’ll be ready for the changes in April 2021, so moved that one further out this week, because I got to move my expired placeholder with it. So now I have a September 2021 7 night, a b2b in November 2021 (3 nights/7 nights) and now a late February 2022. If things become remarkably improved before my next scheduled cruise, I certainly would grab a VGT.

Tomorrow wouldn’t work for me, because I don’t believe even if covid magically disappeared overnight, that their first cruises post covid will be 100% normal, and I’m not cruising til I can have the full normal experience again. I want no masks, full capacity everything, no issues dropping my kids at OC at my leisure, normal port access, etc. I’m fine with Cabanas not being a self-serve buffet but otherwise I want the full experience.

That said, I have 5 sailings booked between now and April 2022 because the moment we can go on a normal DCL sailing again, I’m outta here!

Last edited:
Tomorrow wouldn’t work for me, because I don’t believe even if covid magically disappeared overnight, that their first cruises post covid will be 100% normal, and I’m not cruising til I can have the full normal experience again. I want no masks, full capacity everything, no issues dropping my kids at OC at my leisure, normal port access, etc. I’m fine with Cabanas not being a self-serve buffet but otherwise I want the full experience.

That said, I have 5 sailings booked between now and April 2022 because the moment we can go on a DCL sailing again, I’m outta here!
True... I have no idea what will be different or what the new normal will be when we do go back. Hopefully they figure it out soon!

If it was cheap enough that I wouldn't feel bad about eating my mails in our stateroom, I think I would.

Honestly, the dining part is what I'm most hesitant about. I'll wash and sanitize my hands all day, wear masks anywhere inside and in crowds, but my family is still not eating in restaurants, and I can't see a situation where dining inside with other people would be something we'd be comfortable with until things change. I love the MDR experience & our servers, so that would be really sad for me, but for a good enough price, I'd be willing to miss out on that for now.

ETA: I should note that this is based on the assumption that modifications would be in place - lower # of passengers on the ship, mask requirements, etc etc. And assuming we could safely get to a port - as it would likely be out of FL, that's a no-go, but in this imaginary world where we could drive to Baltimore or NYC and cruise, go through a modified check-in, and then have a modified for safety experience, then it would definitely a consideration. I mean, it's all hypothetical anyway, so may as well make it hypothetical to include safe sailing precautions.

Last edited:

We would be there. Our state opened back up in May. Everything is just about back to normal here - with the exception of mask wearing and social distancing in checkout lines and restaurants. We honestly don’t even worry about the virus like we did in the spring. We take precautions and go about our normal routines.

We have already been to Disney for 2.5 weeks, so we would jump at the chance to sail!

Hi everyone,

I hope you have all stayed safe and well over the last few months!

I was wondering, if we said we were cruising from tomorrow, how many of you would jump at the chance to cruise again?? Just something we have all been discussing amongst ourselves lately.
I can’t wait until we are all back together with you on the seas!
KT :)
Nope, I loooove all things Disney and have been dreaming about a disney cruise for a while and finally convinced my husband to do one. But waiting till my family gets a vaccine. By fall 2022 I think we should be able to get a vaccine, which is what we are planning for.

Last edited:
Well until a few days ago I would've said yes...but now I would say no. Listen, it's a fact that my hair has gotten much more luxeriously longer...lol...but my stress level has gone way down since I've cancelled all cruises before 2022. I swear I won't be doing anything else but cruising in 2022! 😄

We would not. It isn't so much 'would we personally survive' as it is 'would we have damage to our organs and/or unwittingly pass it around to more people'? It's not worth the gamble to us, so we are willing to wait on vacations and stick to our area which is still in phase 1 and has low transmission. To get us to a cruise we would need to fly cross country and back.

I want to say yes, I spend every day planning cruises I know aren't happening. But it's not the right time for my family. We have been socially distant and masked up since March 16th, we just started eating out again and making our regular Target trips. But to cruise we would need to fly and stay in hotels and then get on the ship....eh, with all of the restrictions I'm imagining...Ugh, no thank you, not yet. We have a cruise scheduled for Sept 2021 and I'm crossing all fingers and toes this one is going to stick after the 3 we've had cancelled, lol.

We are ready! I have been working in our office since the 3rd week of March. Only closed for 2 weeks. Just about everyone in here I've talked to would rather work from the office that at home.

Absolutely. Not concerned in the least about the virus. Been traveling around the country - at Disney, Hershey, Dollywood. Things are cleaner than they have ever been! Can’t catch a germ if your life depended on it. It always amazes me to realize there are people still sheltering in place! Go and enjoy life - before the economy makes it so that everything will have to close! If we don’t get over our fear, there will be no life worth living to go back to!

Nope, not yet. The cruise itself wouldn't bother me, it's the flight down there and Florida, not that WI is much better right now. Just want things to settle down before we go. The world wide spike of the virus also has me wondering what is happening with it. Waiting for the medical experts to chime in, but hoping it is getting less potent, time will tell.

Depending on how modified the cruise was, we would cruise tomorrow. It helps that we already got the virus on WBPC, and had very few symptoms. None of those that everyone is told to look for, :)

Absolutely. The only thing that would stop me is the restrictions on board. My husband couldn't stop working because of Covid. In fact, he has had to work more hours because of protests and riots. I have been back to work in the office since June. Both of my sons are attending college and living in the dorms. And we have flown and stayed in hotels a few times since this started. None of us have tested positive for Covid or the antibodies.
My experience may be a lot different than some. But my family has been effected by the lockdowns more than the virus itself. My dad was having chest pains, because his medical clinic and lab couldn't see him for 2 weeks because of hours & staff being cut, he ended up having a massive heart attack. Thankfully he survived. My mom was having health issues and her doctor kept making excuses as to why the lab couldn't schedule her tests sooner. Luckily we learned from my father's experience, and we had her seen by another doctor. Three days later she was having surgery for ovarian cancer. Live life and take precautions.

I would! I did however recently change my Feb cruise to April, but that was mainly because my DS has a better chance of going then. Plus I think there is a better chance of the ship sailing by then. If it sails, I will be on it!

Absolutely. Not concerned in the least about the virus. Been traveling around the country - at Disney, Hershey, Dollywood. Things are cleaner than they have ever been! Can’t catch a germ if your life depended on it. It always amazes me to realize there are people still sheltering in place! Go and enjoy life - before the economy makes it so that everything will have to close! If we don’t get over our fear, there will be no life worth living to go back to!
Invert everything in this post, and that's how we - and hopefully most responsible folks - feel.

That said, we will be the first on a ship if they can prove it's safe. We don't need to wait for a vaccine or for the masks policy to disappear, but we do want the safety proven with actual facts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!