How do you pack your prescription meds?

cydlei

Earning My Ears
Hi!
We leave for Italy in 2 weeks and have heard/seen lots of conflicting information re: how to pack meds. Between the 4 of us, we take over 15 meds and if we were to pack them all in original containers, we'd need an extra bag. Could we just use those weekly pill sorters and take along a typed list of prescription details?
We appreciate your input!
Cindy

It is best to take the original containers in your carry on. Do not put them in your checked luggage. You can go to the pharmacy and ask for smaller bottles with the labels. Take more than you will need because you never know if you will have a delay.

To piggy back on OP's question: Does anyone have an opinion on getting "just in case" perscriptions? We are wondering if we should take, for example, a Zpack per person with us. Any thoughts?

I concur with nordkin. Keep them in their original containers and carry them with you in your carryon. If you have any non-prescriptions meds, again keep them in their original packaging. You may even want to get new bottles that don't have the seal broken. This is what I did and had no problems. Hope this helps!

To piggy back on OP's question: Does anyone have an opinion on getting "just in case" perscriptions? We are wondering if we should take, for example, a Zpack per person with us. Any thoughts?

I always carry a just in case supply, zPak and anything else normally used.
It has come in handy more then once. I would take one , not one per person.
I am nurse and feel better safe then sorry when far away from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter