How does DAS work with Maxpass?

As far as I know, the AP desk inside the parks was moved to the ticket booths or to Guest Services outside the parks. Easier to do this over the phone, as pp have said.

This thread may have some good information for you: How does DAS work with Maxpass?.

Thank you very much. That helped somewhat.
It’s good to know the two systems work together as we will for surely need both since there are rides that mp doesn’t exist for.
I’m still curious how this plays out as far as the electronic side of it. We will have mp’s scheduled on my phone via the app, I’m curious what this means for rides we have “scheduled” with the DAS pass. This is our first trip since mp debuted so I’m just trying to acclimate to it all ideally before we are there.
The first time my husband used the DAS system it was still on a little paper card where each cast member hand wrote in the return times. The next time each of our paper tickets were scanned. Now with mp I’m just curious how it’s done and mainly concerned with not being able to schedule a ride via mp if we have a pending ride through DAS.
Does this all make sense? I’m trying to articulate what I’m asking so I’m hoping it’s clear! Lol

Your DAS return time will also show up on your app, so you won't have to keep track of a slip of paper. It won't be in the same place as your MP return times (I'm almost certain it was in a different place! "My Events"?). And when you return to the FP line, just scan your ticket or AP like you would for a regular FP. Have the DAS holder (the one whose photo is on the DAS) scan first every time. The scanner will turn blue (not green or red like it would for a FP). The attending CM will stop your party, check that the photo on the hand held matches the person scanning, then allow you through. Each person attached to the DAS must scan at that time. The CM will check the names and how many people are in your group. And that's it! Easy!
Don't worry about booking a FP with MP while you are holding a DAS return time. You should be able to do this without any problem.
Does all this make sense? Keep asking if you have more questions!

Last edited:

For a lot of rides, FP will not be helpful. Like for Space mountain, you go in the exit, and they have you wait in a little area. Same with splash mountain. You go through the exit. There are only a few rides in DL that you can use the regular lines in a scooter.

Your DAS return time will also show up on your app, so you won't have to keep track of a slip of paper. It won't be in the same place as your MP return times (I'm almost certain it was in a different place! "My Events"?). And when you return to the FP line, just scan your ticket or AP like you would for a regular FP. Have the DAS holder (the one whose photo is on the DAS) scan first every time. The scanner will turn blue (not green or red like it would for a FP). The attending CM will stop your party, check that the photo on the hand held matches the person scanning, then allow you through. Each person attached to the DAS must scan at that time. The CM will check the names and how many people are in your group. And that's it! Easy!
Don't worry about booking a FP with MP while you are holding a DAS return time. You should be able to do this without any problem.
Does all this make sense? Keep asking if you have more questions!

Yes! This is fabulously clear! I appreciate it so much, thank you.
It all makes sense but if I think of something else I will absolutely ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I added it about eight months ago, I did it by phone. It was added to my pass in mere minutes. When I renewed my AP a few days ago, they simply asked if I wanted to include it again (for an additional $75). I considered for about half a second and then replied “Yes.” Once you grow accustomed to it, not having it seems unthinkable ;-).

For a lot of rides, FP will not be helpful. Like for Space mountain, you go in the exit, and they have you wait in a little area. Same with splash mountain. You go through the exit. There are only a few rides in DL that you can use the regular lines in a scooter.
FP is actually very helpful at Space and Splash. You can either get a FP or a return time. A return time is the length of the standby line. So you go to the exit, get a return time, then return during the return time to be placed in the HA queue. If you have MaxPass, you can get a pass while across the park, then you return when your pass comes up. Big difference. Same with Splash.

FP is actually very helpful at Space and Splash. You can either get a FP or a return time. A return time is the length of the standby line. So you go to the exit, get a return time, then return during the return time to be placed in the HA queue. If you have MaxPass, you can get a pass while across the park, then you return when your pass comes up. Big difference. Same with Splash.

Hmmm. They must do it differently now then. We haven't been in a couple years. They never used to give return times, they always just let us through the exits etc.

Do you know if you can have a wheelchair and DAS return time at the same time for the same party? (One person will have DAS, different person on a scooter) This sounds like it is going to make our days super complicated.

Hmmm. They must do it differently now then. We haven't been in a couple years. They never used to give return times, they always just let us through the exits etc.

Do you know if you can have a wheelchair and DAS return time at the same time for the same party? (One person will have DAS, different person on a scooter) This sounds like it is going to make our days super complicated.
No, they add it to each person's ticket media. And each ticket can only have 1 return time at a time.

It started about 2 years ago. It is really an improvement. (Yes, I was fearful when it was first announced, but it has worked out well, especially since the disabled can now use FP too!) Yes, people would rent scooters and wheelchairs to try and bypass the lines, which meant some lines really backed up (mainly Pirates and Splash.) Now, everyone is on an even footing. You go to the HA area, and they will scan all the ticket media, and give you a return time of the standby time -10 mins. If the standby is 10 mins, they queue you then. When you return, you enter the queue for the HA line. Works very well. Just combine it with FP or MP and you will be fine!

No, they add it to each person's ticket media. And each ticket can only have 1 return time at a time.

It started about 2 years ago. It is really an improvement. (Yes, I was fearful when it was first announced, but it has worked out well, especially since the disabled can now use FP too!) Yes, people would rent scooters and wheelchairs to try and bypass the lines, which meant some lines really backed up (mainly Pirates and Splash.) Now, everyone is on an even footing. You go to the HA area, and they will scan all the ticket media, and give you a return time of the standby time -10 mins. If the standby is 10 mins, they queue you then. When you return, you enter the queue for the HA line. Works very well. Just combine it with FP or MP and you will be fine!

So if we have a DAS return time, they won't make us get a wheelchair return time then right? Sounds like DAS will be easier for us since you can get a return time at a kiosk, and don't have to go to the ride. Kinda stinks though that if you have a wheelchair or scooter user in the group, you can't wait in a shorter line while waiting on a DAS return time like other people can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter