How does the dining plan work at The Plaza?

AussieAngel

DIS Veteran
So we've made an ADR for lunch at The Plaza, which will be a nice little break in the middle of a busy day at MK. We're on the free dining plan. :cheer2:

My understanding of the dining plan is that you can receive an appetizer, entree and dessert. Looking at The Plaza menu on AllEars though, there doesn't seem to be any appetizers.

So what happens with the dining plan? It's not a huge issue to not have an appetizer - I'm sure we won't need it for lunch anyway! But I was just wondering what the procedure with the dining plan points is? :confused3

In my opinion the Plaza is not worth using a Dining Plan TS credit on. Not to say their food isn't good because it is, but why use that credit for a sandwich and ice cream when you could use the same credit for a dinner at Le Cellier or Chefs de France. If it were me (and I wish it was!) I'd pay out of pocket for lunch at the Plaza, and save the credit for something more worthwhile.

Oh, dear me!!

We're staying at Disney for 7 nights, but will really only be in the parks 5 days. Our other day will be spent at Kennedy Space Center. So basically, we have more dining credits than we could use!

That's why we chose to use our final dining credit at The Plaza for lunch. We know it's not as expensive as many others, but it looks nice - and it's in Magic Kingdom, where we'll be for the day.

It was either eating there, or wasting our credit! I'll take a nice sandwich and yummy dessert over nothing, anyday! :yay:

So... does anybody know how the dining plan works, when there's no appetizer available? Do we save the appetizer credit and use it for another appetizer at a different restaurant? :confused3

No. Credits are for entire meals; not for individual parts of meals. If there are no appetizers, then you simply cannot have an appetizer with that meal.

However, the Plaza does have appetizers. They offer [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]soup of the day or tossed salad[/font] for $3.69 (gratis with the Dining Plan, of course).

AussieAngel said:
Oh, dear me!!

We're staying at Disney for 7 nights, but will really only be in the parks 5 days. Our other day will be spent at Kennedy Space Center. So basically, we have more dining credits than we could use!

That's why we chose to use our final dining credit at The Plaza for lunch. We know it's not as expensive as many others, but it looks nice - and it's in Magic Kingdom, where we'll be for the day.

It was either eating there, or wasting our credit! I'll take a nice sandwich and yummy dessert over nothing, anyday! :yay:

So... does anybody know how the dining plan works, when there's no appetizer available? Do we save the appetizer credit and use it for another appetizer at a different restaurant? :confused3

Since you'll be at MK, why not have lunch at Liberty Tree. They have great food and we eat lunch there often too. Great appetizers too. Their lunch is standard menu, not character, like dinner. We also love the Plaza, but never use our credits there.

Since you'll be at MK, why not have lunch at Liberty Tree.

We just fancied The Plaza! I read lots of great comments about it, and the food photos look great! That's all really!

And thanks, Bicker, for your answer. :thumbsup2

Do you know what sort of soups they sometimes have?

Sorry, no. I suspect they vary it day-to-day.

We loved the Plaza for lunch.

We eat got a tossed salad. I got a cheeseburger.. with all the fixins. My song got a Steak Sandwhich - both came with fries.

We each got a sundae for dessert, and had soda for drinks.

It was a terrific lunch and a great place for the dining plan.
Catrin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter