How early is too early?

bellesBFF

Mouseketeer
I only ask because.......

I'M PLANNING FOR 2020!:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

Tentatively, this is what I've got planned!
Feb 8-16 2020
Staying at All-Star Music
and I've got to determine the ticket situation!

Yes, I know. I'm a lil crazy.. but of course I'm going to be explaining the back story!

Hello all! My name is Breanna

25r1bmb.jpg

I am 22 years young, and only child with 2 loving parents and a personal zoo. I work as a Supply Early Childhood Assistant for the YMCA of Toronto, and I'm trying to sell Tupperware on the side to fund my Disney addiction. I just moved out of my parents house in September, and I moved 8 hours away. To say it's been rough is putting it lightly.
I miss them so much!

So far this trip is just me, which is part of the back story! But since we are here, I'll introduce the rest of my clan just in case any of them decide to join in :)

For starters, we have my boyfriend, Luke!
bfhmw5.jpg

He's 26 years OLD (as of yesterday, march 13th!) and he'll kill me once he finds out that I'm posting all this :) He is currently coming with me, but hey things change and he's never ever been to Disney World, and he doesn't really have an interest. He's just doing it to make me happy. He's got a real fun job as a welder!

Don't worry, folks! I'll convert him to the dark side.

Up next we've got my parents!
My mom:
30b3ady.jpg

And my dad!
5ur1o6.jpg

My parents are both the same age, but I'm sure they'd prefer it if I didn't give it away! BUT I'll give a hint. They've just hit the "seniors club" age. That definitely doesn't stop my dad, though. I'm pretty sure he's more of a dare devil than I am!

And last but DEFINITELY not least, my "personal zoo" as I like to call it!

First, we've got my cats from back home

58xf7.jpg

Left is Mowglie (yes, like the jungle book) who is 8 years old and right is Munchie who is 11.

Up next is my dog!

2yxjh8w.jpg

Koda! He's 3. Yes, from Brother Bear lol.

I also have had my fair share of hamsters, fish, and I've also had a gecko! All which have either passed away or I've sold. :(

With me, I have 2 kittens.
r072vr.jpg

This is Tango who is like 2 weeks shy of 1 year old

11gsmc0.jpg

And this is Winnie, also known as Nugget, Nugs, or Nuggy Buggy Bear. Yes, name is from Winnie the Pooh! (who else is excited for the new live action movie?!!?!) She's about 5 months!

That's it for now :) I'll be back later with my back story! It's a good one.​

Back Story

Hi everyone one! It's almost Friday!!! How's everyone's week been? Mine's been kind of blah. Life is a little bit of mess right now because I move in 2 weeks, don't yet have an apartment and I also was really stupid and took a full set of shifts so I don't have any days off until I move, LOL. :(

ANYWAAAY, here's my very interesting back story!

In October, it'll be 10 years since I've last been to Disney World. I can't even really count it as a trip, if I'm being honest. We went with my parents' friend and his son who had their own agenda and I think, at the time, my parents were too scared of the parks or something because the only full day of parks we did was Hollywood Studios.. Had you asked me a few years ago what my favourite park was, it would have been Hollywood Studios because it's all I knew. We were only in the Magic Kingdom for about 4-5 hours for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, only spend 1 afternoon in Animal Kingdom and I honestly don't remember anything from Epcot so I'm not even sure if we went, lol. Now, I've done some research and I can safely say that my favourite parks are a tie between Animal Kingdom and Epcot. I feel like I could spend my whole week in Animal Kingdom after looking at online maps.

We went in 2008 during the Year of A Millions Dreams, I think it was called? Anyway, here are my parents and I with some ears that we won not once, but twice during our trip! My pair is still sitting somewhere at my parent's house!
xn9dah.jpg

Yes, we rode A Bug's Life...

We also stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort!
dmfp93.jpg

AND, my favourite thing ever.... my dad was part of Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

59zl9v.jpg

ilzhvm.jpg

Good times.

So with that trip being not very memorable, I made a pact to myself to go to Disney again. My parents didn't want to go with me, so I had to wait until I was 18. That would bring me to 2013. I was too scared to go alone so my boyfriend at the time agreed to go with me. I started showing him pictures and things I wanted to do, he decided it was too intense and bailed on not only the trip, but broke up with me and called me crazy :upsidedow

Fast forward about 2 or 3 years later, I decided to plan a trip by myself... Then, a different boyfriend decided he was coming. We talked about it, it all sounded serious, when it was time to put down payments and book things it turned out he didn't have his half. He told me he didn't know I was being serious, etc etc. Whatever, his loss. We broke up....

Now I'm dating Luke. I love him, don't get me wrong, but never two without three, right? So I now live on my own, can pay all my bills and put away money to save so I've decided NOW is the time to do this. I've set up a Disney fund that once money goes into, it can't come out of. I've specifically named it DISNEY as to make myself want to put more away. So far so good. I can do this by myself, it'll just be a bonus if he decides to come with me.

As of now, he is coming with me. He's very financially smart so he can 100% do this trip, it's just to see if he actually sticks with it I guess. I'm going to go ahead and plan this for the both of us.

That's it for now! I'll be back this weekend with what I'm thinking so far :)
6jkok3.jpg

Good evening everyone!!

I'm back with an update that I know for sure is happening, our flights!

If you remember, we are travelling Feb 8th-16th. The 8th is a Saturday, the 16th a Sunday. So by default those will be our travel days. I'd rather not spend the extra money on nights hotel so here are the plans!

We will be flying out of

350kwmf.jpg

and (hopefully) flying

dy7t5g.jpg

:banana::banana::banana:

So after doing some searching, it seems that Delta has many mid-day flights with and without stops. We'll obviously go for whatever is cheapest. We live east of Toronto so we will be driving to Buffalo early Saturday morning, taking the mid-day flight and then just chillin at our hotel for the night.

Coming home, we will also take a mid-day flight and drive home and be home late by the looks of things. There doesn't seem to be any in between. it's either 10am or 2pm. As far as I know, neither of us will take the Monday off. It'll be a rough start to the week, lol :(

I'm here! :dogdance:

I love all of your animals... Koda is such a cutie pie!

I'm so sorry things haven't worked out with you going to WDW in the past few years, but I really hope everything works out for you in 2020, I'm rooting for you! I can't wait to watch this trip come to life!

I'm here! :dogdance:

I love all of your animals... Koda is such a cutie pie!

I'm so sorry things haven't worked out with you going to WDW in the past few years, but I really hope everything works out for you in 2020, I'm rooting for you! I can't wait to watch this trip come to life!

hey girl!!
i miss him soo much!

and thanks :) I'm so determined. I want to just plan it all and then when my specific windows open up just book everything and not worry about it until i need to pack..... LOL.

Last edited:

We're also planning to take a trip some time in 2020. Haven't decided when yet but it'll probably be Oct/Nov. I don't think it's too early to start thinking about it! Happy planning and I'll be following along!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! I am planning our next trip in May of 2020, so I am happy to be along for the ride. My husband had no interest in Disney either until I convinced him to go for our anniversary a few years ago, now he is a Disney nerd just like me, so your boyfriend may love it after his first trip!

Hi. It's never too early!! I admire your determination and to have a positive goal like a WDW trip to keep you going is admirable. I have three daughters all around your age and they are Disney fanatics. Sadly only DD3 is able to make the trip I'm currently planning but the other two are always discussing ways to save so they can take trips on their own. I'm going to keep my eyes on your planning. Maybe you can inspire my daughters to follow in your footsteps.

It's never too early! Happy planning.

Hi!! Thank you :)

We're also planning to take a trip some time in 2020. Haven't decided when yet but it'll probably be Oct/Nov. I don't think it's too early to start thinking about it! Happy planning and I'll be following along!

I looooooved being there for Halloween, I can only imagine how beautiful it would be at Christmas! My mom has been taking about going to Walt Disney World around Christmas because a) she really loves the look of all the decorations (seeing them online, obviously) and she's been wanting to go away around that time since she's always overwhelmed by all our family gathering. I've mentioned to her that the 50th anniversary of the world is in 2021, so I may surprise her with a trip :) her birthday is December 27th so it would be Christmas, her birthday, and the 50th anniversary. It would be one heck of a trip!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! I am planning our next trip in May of 2020, so I am happy to be along for the ride. My husband had no interest in Disney either until I convinced him to go for our anniversary a few years ago, now he is a Disney nerd just like me, so your boyfriend may love it after his first trip!

Hi!! Welcome :welcome: I've been reading some trip reports lately and he'll peek over to look at what I'm reading and he'll ask questions and of course wonder of all the food pictures (men:rolleyes2) so he already knows where he wants to eat LOL.

Hi. It's never too early!! I admire your determination and to have a positive goal like a WDW trip to keep you going is admirable. I have three daughters all around your age and they are Disney fanatics. Sadly only DD3 is able to make the trip I'm currently planning but the other two are always discussing ways to save so they can take trips on their own. I'm going to keep my eyes on your planning. Maybe you can inspire my daughters to follow in your footsteps.

Hi! Welcome aboard :) Are your daughters in school? I found it really really hard to save while I was in college! I've found a lot of great pins on pinterest about saving and I'll track them down and upload them here! It's going to be so tight, I think I'll be including EVERYTHING in this report. Lol. Gotta keep myself accountable! :upsidedow

Happy Tuesday Guys! It's basically hump day which means where half way to FRI-YAY! Like I previously said, I'm a supply Early Childhood Assistant, which means I bounce all over the place and I work in a bunch of different day care centres. I love my job, I truly do. But man the centre I'm at this week is draining me. I came home looking so bad my boyfriend told me I should sleep early tonight, lol! All I've been thinking about today is writing an update!

Also, IMPORTANT: I finally have a place to live!!!!!! We have to be out of this scuzzy apartment by Saturday March 31rst. Next saturday. When did we find/get approved for a place? Monday March 19th. At 7pm. OOPS. So that stress is gone! But now I work every day leading up to the move day.. so you know, you win some you lose some:confused3

Anyway, back to Disney! :cool1:

Magic Your Way

Would you be interested in knowing when exactly the last time I was at Disney World was?

kaqr69.jpg

It's the harsh truth. October 26th - November 1rst 2008. I'll let it sink in...

So as you can imagine, I'm a little lost on what to do with myself when it comes to Disney. No one wants to listen to my rant, I barely remember anything, very very little pictures to go off of (my mom's coming down to help me move, and she's bringing my scrapbook from that trip. I'll take some pictures of it to post here!) so it's been a rough go.

15s2dxt.jpg

There is clearly a crap load to do here. So far, Luke is on board with me and has 0 interest in the water parks. And based off the timing of our trip, neither am I! I'll do a resort pool if anything....

Luke and I have discussed, and we have decided that, in the 7 days we are there, we are going to do 3 parks. No park hoopers, just plain park days. Magic Kingdom (duh), Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. He's not interested in Hollywood studios, but I totally am! (helllooooo rock'n'roller coaster! i rode that thing 7 times in a row when i was there last!) Luckily I have a no-expiration date ticket from 2008 that I can use on that park! Don't worry, I've contacted Disney already and they still honour them :)

Here's the deal, Luke is interested in things like this:
2hz391i.jpg

2hzq34w.jpg

Meanwhile, this is me.
k21nw3.jpg

I have actually got Luke's lure caught in a tree before, lol.

206onzt.jpg

:laughing:

I will, however, 100% go fishing with him! I just love being outside. But I know that I'd be bored out of my brain while he golfs. I'll do DHS while he golfs:rolleyes1

Because we will not be spending as much time at the parks as normal people, I'd like to be somewhere that, during our down time, we can do something at the resort? I know Disney Springs is obviously an option but I have other plans for that. (note: we will be there Feb 14th :lovestruc)

Here are my choices! Please, don't be scared to steer me away, or give me other options/opinions!

20jif4i.jpg

All-Star Music

2hz4ne1.jpg

Coronado Springs

v7douq.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge (Luke really really loves animals..)

I'm also thinking of doing AKL maybe the night of our arrival since we aren't going to be doing parks or anything?

Also, I should say that we aren't doing the parks in any specific order really. I'm going to decide what park we are doing and when based on their EMH!

That's all for now! Thank you so much for joining along :)
6jkok3.jpg

Never too early to start planning! I'm already thinking about my 2021 trip :goodvibes

Star Wars will be open at DHS when you go, is your BF a fan? My DH isn't a huge Disney fan, but he loves SW so I think even he would be excited about that!

Also, Coronado Springs will be all redone and I believe that gondolas may be open by then? I could totally be wrong about that…but if they are, that would be a pretty cool place to stay!

Never too early to start planning! I'm already thinking about my 2021 trip :goodvibes

Star Wars will be open at DHS when you go, is your BF a fan? My DH isn't a huge Disney fan, but he loves SW so I think even he would be excited about that!

Also, Coronado Springs will be all redone and I believe that gondolas may be open by then? I could totally be wrong about that…but if they are, that would be a pretty cool place to stay!

Yay! :D That's so exciting! I love planning trips. Once when I went to Niagara Falls with my parents and at the time boyfriend, I actually had a whole itinerary planned out and everything. I'll probably do the same for this. :rolleyes:

He totally is, and we watched the planning videos together and he really wants to go but he's so set on not going to that park? Lol, I don't know. But If worse comes to worse I'll just buy him a park ticket while we are there :)

And good point! I think I may do the first night and AKL, and then Coronado Springs for the rest of it. I know for sure that our first day, sunday, I'm set on just park hopping to kind of "shop around" to see the different resorts.

How many days do you plan on purchasing for this trip? If you are getting 6 day tickets, it will cost very little to add a day for just you once you get there and you can save your non-expiring ticket for a future trip.

Hi! Welcome aboard :) Are your daughters in school? I found it really really hard to save while I was in college! I've found a lot of great pins on pinterest about saving and I'll track them down and upload them here! It's going to be so tight, I think I'll be including EVERYTHING in this report. Lol. Gotta keep myself accountable! :upsidedow

Only our youngest is still at University. The others are working and are struggling to save even though they still live at home!

Only our youngest is still at University. The others are working and are struggling to save even though they still live at home!

Been there, done that! And now I'm living on my own so it's soo much harder! I've started using the app "Mint" to track my spending and what not, it gives me updates and tells me when i'm over budget and it's definitely helped slow things down a lot. I also have a "bank the rest" setting on my checking account so when I make purchases, it'll round up to the nearest dollar (or 5$, I'm honestly not sure) and put it right into my savings. I also have my savings set up that once money goes in, I can't take it out unless I call the bank/I pay 5$. It's the little things but since January I've accumulated like $80!

Wooooo!!! Ticket plans!!! :cool1:

I think your days look great so far! You've got it all figured out already, it looks like you two are going to have a lot of fun!

I think you should definitely do Animal Kingdom on check-in day, soak in the resort and have a nice dinner.

Wooooo!!! Ticket plans!!! :cool1:

I think your days look great so far! You've got it all figured out already, it looks like you two are going to have a lot of fun!

I think you should definitely do Animal Kingdom on check-in day, soak in the resort and have a nice dinner.

We're going to be getting in late on our check in day! We're from the Durham Region in southern Ontario but we are going to be flying out of Buffalo, so it's like a 3 hour drive + a 3 hour plane ride! I'm hoping that they're going to have a later flight like 2-5pm so that we can take our time because Luke really wants to eat at Texas Roadhouse, we don't have them in Canada!

We're going to be getting in late on our check in day! We're from the Durham Region in southern Ontario but we are going to be flying out of Buffalo, so it's like a 3 hour drive + a 3 hour plane ride! I'm hoping that they're going to have a later flight like 2-5pm so that we can take our time because Luke really wants to eat at Texas Roadhouse, we don't have them in Canada!

Ahhh, I see. In that case, if you're looking to do a split stay, I reccommend doing AKL later in the trip! You'll definitely want to spend a full day there!

Texas Roadhouse is AMAAAAAZING. Want it so bad right now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!