How early to arrive for sunrise yoga?

iheartglaciers

DIS Veteran
For those of you who have done various runDisney sunrise yoga events, how early do you recommend arriving if you want a spot close to the front?

Any other tips? I just signed up for sunrise yoga at the DL half weekend and it’s my first runDisney yoga event!

I'm not sure how the DL yoga will work but I feel like yoga at Disney's Hollywood Studios was about a 10th as stressful as getting into yoga at the Magic Kingdom. We tried to take the bus our first year...once it reached 3:40 and still no bus we hitched a ride with someone that had a car and had given up on the bus as well. After that experience we now use Uber and leave about 10 minutes before the busses.

At DHS we were dropped off right by the front, they had taped lines we waited in and then walked everyone in slowly in groups and we were also really close to the front. At MK you have to wait in line for the boat, ride the boat and then get to the front where they line you up and walk you in groups to the spots. My first time at MK it was very orderly and not quite as stressful. Second time the CMs didn't quite know what was going on and which side of the entrance was up next to take their group in, they got half way down Main Street and just let everyone willy nilly go all over the place. We did have the same experience as what Naomeri described - if you keep some pep to your step and your eye on the prize you end up with a good spot. Also be prepared at the end for some type of show. I got pictures of the fireworks over the castle at yoga and they are some of my favorite pix of all time 🙂

When you get back I would love to hear about your DL experience!

I'm not sure how the DL yoga will work but I feel like yoga at Disney's Hollywood Studios was about a 10th as stressful as getting into yoga at the Magic Kingdom.
Agreed. Magic Kingdom yoga was SO stressful but DHS was not (and more fun— there were characters, an after show, etc.). I would get there earlier for MK than DHS just because of logistics of going on the ferry. But ppl were wild— literally running from spot to spot. It wasn’t necessary. There were lots of close spots and all spots were good (except I was by a 50th statue which my Magic Band kept inadvertently setting off. Oops.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter