How easy is it to coordinate split stays while renting points?

singastory

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
I am new to DVC and to renting points!! Please help!

My trip is 9 nights and the 11 month window is coming up soon. I am looking to rent points , but am having difficulty deciding where. Once I think I've made my decision, I start thinking about what I'll be missing at the other location.

My specific questions are:

- How fast do rooms fill up for late January? Is it imperative that I make a request EXACTLY at the 11 month mark, or do they still have availability a week or so after the 11 month date for that time of year?

- For anyone that has used a broker or a website to rent points, would it be possible to arrange a split stay or is that too much of a technical nightmare? I'm don't know that I'm comfortable going directly through an owner the first time, even though it would be a better price.

- Should I just pipe down and make a commitment to stay at one resort the entire time? Convince me of one over the other! :thumbsup2

Sounds like an ideal scenario for a split stay, and it really shouldn't be any kind of problem...just tell David (or the broker of your choice) that you want two reservations.Then, when you have the owner add Magical Express (if you do), just request the arrival for the first resort w/one owner and the departure from the other resort w/the other owner (the broker really should have no problem doing this).

If you want the dining plan for either of the two stays, it should be similarly easy...

Really, I think the key is to think of it as back-to-back but separate reservations...

There are never any guarantees, of course...so if you can decide by the time the 11-month window opens that's best...but chances are good at that time for both resorts well into the 11-to-7 month time frame...

Have a great time!

With a split stay, you will have two reservations. So it doesn't really matter if it is thru one member, two members or thru a resale broker. The reservations will NOT be linked together and will have two check-in dates and two departures.

At 11 months there will be little problem with getting a reservation at any DVC resort as long as you are dealing with a member who owns at the resort you want (brokers have the same problems since they need to have points available at resorts from members who own). There are certainly specific room types that can be difficult at some times of the year - AKV Club level much of the year, BWV standard view, BWV Boardwalk View, BLT standard view, etc. Unless you are looking for a category with minimal villas or at very bust times of the year, you should be fine right at 11 months.

I would start trying to find a member able to make the reservation right at 11 months (or near that timeframe) and go from there. I'm sure you'll find what you want.

Good luck! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter