How far can I go with interactions with non-face male characters?

Can you elaborate?
Yes let me do elaborate a little more about what I mean with interactions. Lets take Goofy for example. Everyone loves the lovable goof ball of the gang and So do I but you know how guys like to propose to the princesses, Minnie Mouse, and Daisy Duck? Well I want to do the same with Goofy just to see if he will say yes and give him a kiss on the nose. That is all.

Yes let me do elaborate a little more about what I mean with interactions. Lets take Goofy for example. Everyone loves the lovable goof ball of the gang and So do I but you know how guys like to propose to the princesses, Minnie Mouse, and Daisy Duck? Well I want to do the same with Goofy just to see if he will say yes and give him a kiss on the nose. That is all.

Honestly go for it. Most all the characters are very flirty and love anyone who's willing to play along. I once met Mickey and Minnie together and gave them both kisses. I also held up the line once with Donald because he wouldn't let me go, kept on giving me kisses and hugs and we got the cutest photos. Same with the Chippies (Chip & Dale) and Pluto. I even was swooning in front of Snow White's prince and Snow White was right there. She thought it was adorable and the prince was more than happy to be the center of attention. I could list many MANY instances of this and frankly, Goofy would have such a great reaction to being proposed to, he'd get so bashful.

I agree, I don't see any reason this would be a problem. The only time I've seen a character' handler step in is if someone gets too grabby with the costume.

I agree, I don't see any reason this would be a problem. The only time I've seen a character' handler step in is if someone gets too grabby with the costume.
What if the costume character get too grabby with us? Not that I mind or anything... :lovestruc

I don't think that's going to happen, they are highly trained and usually have one or more handler.

Don't go getting naughty in the parks now :P

Guests get so grabby with the characters on the daily (I'm friends with many performers) so that would be the last thing they'd ever think of doing. Granted, if they like you enough, you might get trapped in a nice little cuddle sesh of sorts.

Guests get so grabby with the characters on the daily (I'm friends with many performers) so that would be the last thing they'd ever think of doing. Granted, if they like you enough, you might get trapped in a nice little cuddle sesh of sorts.
I'll just leave it as a fantasy even though I would love to cuddle with Goofy a bit...

If there is even a slight problem CM's swoop in from out of nowhere so I say go for it. As long as you do not devolve to terribly provocative behavior...

My husband related the story that in his 20's he and his boyfriend at the time were flirted with hard by Goofy at Disneyland.

10+ years later, while talking with one of his acquaintances, he finds out that his acquaintance used to work as a character at Disneyland. Turns out that this guy was the Goofy in question and vaguely remembered doing it.

Small World!

I have been to the Disney parks very few times and never bother to interact with characters, but one of my most memorable interactions happened this year, where it seemed like the character was more being huggy with me XD

So I went to California Adventure my first time since high school for D23 Expo, and one of the big things I wanted to do was meet Nick Wilde since that is the only park he does meet and greets at. Fans of my art blog and Zootopia podcast know I really adore Nick, even jokingly refer to him as my "fox husband" and the cast member friends I was with joking I should ask him out when I saw him.

When the day came to visit CA, unfortunately he was absent for all the greets until 3pm and by the time we went the other cast members closed off the line and told us we would have to wait and hour before Nick came back from break. Just as Nick and Judy were being lead off by their handlers, Nick saw me dressed in my outfit, and motioned to me to come up and gave me some great big hugs. It happened so fast I was just shunned as I got to meet Nick (one of my friends caught it on video without knowing it would happen and the whole time I was acting like a shy dork).

I definitely appreciated Nick for taking time away from his break to specifically give me a hug and "chat" with me for a few minutes, so as I waited for him to come back I drew a thank you picture for him. When Nick did return and hour later, he recognized me, kept on giving me big hugs, and when I gave him the drawing, he was so happen he brought me in close again and seemed like his head was pressed against mine giving kisses, and in fact behind the mask I could hear kissing sounds which really threw me off and made me blush.

I saw him one more time as one of my friends wanted a photo with him, I stood on the side this time only to take pictures for my friend, yet when Nick saw me he waved to me like crazy. The CM handler who was with him for all the previous interactions came up to me and told me that Nick really really liked me and they have the picture I drew him hung up already in their break room. He said Nick wanted to see me again, so I gave him a business card to me art blog and that was basically it.

Long story short, while I thought I would be flirty with cutesy with Nick it ended up be seemed to be very huggy and flirty with me while, which was adorable but unexpected. But it was definitely the highlight of the entire D23 Expo trip and basically made me feel like a little kid again.

tumblr_owi434uVGM1rpsdt6o2_1280.png

tumblr_owi434uVGM1rpsdt6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_owi434uVGM1rpsdt6o3_1280.png

I was wearing my DIS Pride shirt this year at the Crystal Palace when I got to meet Tigger. He was very sweet and we bounced together. After some photos and some nice interaction, he signed to me "I <3 your shirt". Very sweet.

The only issue I had with a non-face character was while meeting Daisy Duck. I asked her handlers if I could pose for the picture by innocently hugging her from behind with my hands around her waist and my face besides hers with my chin near her shoulder, not unlike a lot of couples engagement type photos and they politely said that Donald might not like that. I gladly respected their wishes.

I believe I met the same Nick Wilde. Last time I was in California, this gaggle of children were surrounding Nick Wilde and I was walking along the boardwalk. He legit, left the kids and came over and grabbed me and gave me a hug. I was very confused but I love Nick Wilde so it was fine.

I saw a photo album posted on Reddit of a dude who went around proposing to various princesses. He last photo was proposing to Gaston (down on one knee and everything) who reacted pretty much how you'd expect him to: a mix of disinterested and where-the-hell-did-Belle-go? lol

19956040_10158909431565548_9030066298462358108_o.jpg
I spent an entire trip doing as many meet and greets as I can. Anytime I saw a character, I stopped. I literally came home with a mountain of pictures. My favorite was in DCA with the Frozen folks.

I had a white cutoff shirt on that day with the word PRIDE in rainbow colors on the front. My tattoo (a rainbow bear claw) was obvious on my arm. First room I go into is Olaf and Kristoff...Olaf was sweet and fun, but I would have stayed with Kristoff all damn day if I could. I felt our hug-yes, I'm a hugger-went on a lot longer than it probably should have. The CM's got some great pics of that interaction.

Fast forward to this year, I'm at WDW by myself watching the Festival of Fantasy parade right at the rope with the Go Pro recording. A Lost Boy comes up and asks if I'm a pirate. I tell him I'm a Lost Boy too. There's no reason for him to come up to me, in my mind. So, on top of having a great day, I got a little more of a pep in my step.

Moral of the story: be appropriate, be open to feedback and roll with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!