How good/bad a job has your state done at flattening the curve?

I don’t know about flattening the curve. Florida is expected to lose over 6000 people per latest info out of Institute for health Wash Univ.
our county not in lockdown but stay at home ..which will likely be changed??
They are Expecting a Peak mid April and I’m praying that those on the front lines will be prepared physically and emotionally, be able to handle All the challenges and stay safe themselves.
Prayers for all. Stay Safe, Pls Stay In!
I’m taking a sleep aid, peace out all.

For a while they were giving us the source here in MT such as travel within the US to an affected area or international travel, and even exposure at a state board of regents meeting but not anymore.
What is going to effect MT is being able to transport patients to the hospitals in the larger commnunities of Butte, Great Falls, Billings, Missoula, Helena, Bozeman, Kalispell, and to some extent Dillon, Havre, Miles City, and Glendive as those are where the trauma centers and higher level emergency rooms along with the ICU units are located. At the smaller hospitals it is not unusual for patients to be stabilized and then transfered to the nearest larger hospital-this also applies to those in the a good portion of WY especially N of Casper. Sometimes these patients are transfered by ground but often unless conditions make it impossible they are transfered by either helicopter that will land on the hospital roof or by a small plane that lands at the airport about a 5 minute drive to the hospital at least in Billings. Which one depends on distance though both are under the direction of airport control and when the help flight helicopter gets a call planes at the airport hold off on take off and landings unless it is too late for them to do so.

Too soon to tell. The "experts" say we are still weeks from the peak.

My governor from New JErseyi is doing a terrible job. Many people think that he shutdown the state for non essential workers. All he done was shutdown the state for non essential RETAIL workers. Many states that is better than ours in corona virus has stricter rules.

Last edited:
Figures from Ireland are suggesting the strict measures imposed by our Government are starting to take effect. Predicted number of cases for the end of March were 15,000 , actual number of cases is 3,000. The country is in almost total lockdown until 12 April.

I'm in Canada, and I feel like our federal and provincial governments are doing a great job given the strange circumstances. There is no playbook... there is no absolute right answer that is best for everyone. But overall, I feel like my country is doing it's very best in a very difficult situation. I am very thankful for our health care. If you look at our numbers, I think we got ahead of the massive outbreak with shelter in place orders early. Hopefully that will flatten our curve enough. Time will tell.

I think our Illinois Governor Pritzker, and Chicago Mayor Lightfoot, are doing a very good job. I think both are being very proactive.

I agree. I like how they already secured the hotel rooms for beds and McCormick Place will be a slightly over 3,000 bed hospital by April 24th!!! Maybe we won't end up needing all of it, but nice to see it already being worked on before and not when.

Well I'm in NY, so who knows at this point.
Upstate doing OK, downstate and NYC not so much.
It's too early to tell though.

TN- I will say a lousy job.

Perhaps people are staying indoors in rural areas, but not in the city where we live. People in Memphis don’t take it seriously.

Newscasts are panning crowded parks. Parking lots and stores are full, not with just individuals but entire families. There’s no enforcement of the Safer at Home order that the governor and local mayors have agreed upon. Without enforcement nothing will happen.

I don't know how any one could know TBH.

If we were testing all the same, started at the same time, etc you might be able to tell. But there's no baseline, locking down but not testing everyone doesn't necessarily show you're flattening the curve if all you're really doing is saying "if you have it you won't get tested just stay home unless you need hospitalization".

As is I feel much better when my local leaders tell me they don't know if xyz is working but they are doing what they think is best.

The info used doesn't take into account counties or cities doing their own thing and that has a big big impact IMO. Non-essential businesses are closed and have been closed in my county since March 24th. I also wonder if they count metros who straddle state lines. People can be transferred to different hospitals as needed

I’m in Wisconsin and our cases are obviously going up but more linearly so far as opposed to exponentially. I don’t know if that’s just because of the testing limitations or what but I hope it stays that way. We’ve officially been in a “stay at home” order since last week but I’ve been working at home since March 19, schools have been closed since the 13th, and restaurants and bars around here have been closed since around St. Patrick’s Day. Way too early to tell if it will flatten the curve but I hope so!

NH is doing ok. However, states around us are not taking it seriously, despite what their governors have tried to enact. There is no way that won't impact us.

The cases in WI are directly in proportion to our states highest population areas. In the lower right corner of the state is Milwaukee county. They have 673 or the 1312 confirmed cases. And bottom center is our state capital Madison (Dane county), with the second highest at 192.
The north side of Milwaukee is seeing a continued escalation of cases. The mayor is trying to get those communities more resources, so they can better treat the affected.
map4.png

I think TN as a state isn't treating it as seriously as it needs to be. Some local governments have taken a tougher stance.

With that said, though, every time I look at the data, it appears that our hospitalization rate is under 10% and our fatality rate is under 1% -- I'm pretty sure that's better than a lot of other states even with less cases than us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter