How have your DVC guests shown their appreciation?

mom2boys

<font color=blue>Horseshoe Mesa - 3 miles, 31 swit
We have a very generous relative who has invited us to vacation with them in their DVC home. I would love to find a creative way to show our appreciation for their generousity. Does anyone have any suggestions? How about memorable things your guests have done for you?

Well - there's always taking them out to a nice dinner. That's what we normally get from our friends/family - which we greatly appreciate.

But, if they have kids (we don't), you could offer to keep them while they go out for a nice evening for the two of them.

Or, you could call ahead to the resort and arrange for something nice to be awaiting your arrival to the room - fruit basket, flowers, champagne, cake, balloons etc. We've done this for family when staying at Vero and also OKW.

It's very kind of you to ask - we've had some guests not offer "anything." Now, we don't invite them "expecting" anything - but it's nice to be appreciated!!

Good Luck with your plans!

We have had our friends/guests buy the weeks groceries and maybe buy 1 nice dinner. This has worked out for us because I would not want to try to figure out how much cash their half would be.

Besides I want to make sure we get the Master Suite.

:) The last time we had family stay with us, they gave us a "night out" by watching our kids, and also bought some of the groceries, including some wonderful steaks for a huge family dinner. Little things throughout the week as well, like a nice bottle of wine waiting for us in the room after a day running around, were nice surprises for us.

My sister and her family are staying with me next year and my sister said she will pay for my annual pass at renewal time.

So far, family & friends have treated us to a few nice dinners out while we were there. We really didn't expect anything, so this was a nice, and very appreciated. They've also offered to pay for groceries.

Here's some suggestions..don't know how creative they are...

check in to getting tickets to take them to see La Nouba while you're there .. a wonderful show, that everyone would enjoy at Downtown Disney west side, or any of the Disney dinner shows that may be of interest to everyone.

Check into booking an Illuminations curise for everyone..that is a great way to spend an evening and see the Epcot show..they also have cruises available for the MK fireworks as well.

Treat the family to a character breakfast of their choice..make the arrangement in advance.

Arrange and pay for extra maid service for a day during your stay. Offer to take care of the car rental.

There's lots of inexpensive things you could offer to do too...Like being in charge of keeping the towels washed every day, making breakfast and cleaning up, planning a schedule of the events you'd like to do together during your trip and arranging any priority seatings.

Or, wait until you get home and give them something special like a gift certificate for a weekend away at a favorite bed and breakfast..with the offer to watch any kids?? Or..a gift certificate to the air line they use, or car rental agency.

It is very nice of you to think about this in advance. I'm sure they will appreciate and love any gift you select for them. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the great ideas. They love to eat out - don't like to mess up the kitchen or have leftovers. I am bringing some sodas, breakfast stuff, snacks & adult beverages. OOOHHH - maybe some cigars for the mister - he loves a shop here in town. We are keeping their daughter for them for a few days in Aug while they go away. I like the maid service idea. Forgot to mention that we will be at HH, not WDW. Peggy Sue (or anyone else) - any suggestions for HH?

Any Hilton Head ideas? They love the Oyster Factory. Can anyone suggest comparable restaurants in HH?

At Hilton Head---well, if they golf, you could treat them to a round (or rounds) of golf, or you could pay for the bike rentals.

Or treat them to any of the whale-watching, or kayaking excursions.

When we were there in March, there was a new restaurant that looked very nice from the outside. I think it was called The Library. I'm not sure how the menu was, but I would guess it to be traditional, like steaks and seafood.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter