How is anybody able to find...

Tangled Pink

Mouseketeer
What are your tricks snagging those widely sought after products that are impossible to buy?

I'm still not able to get my hands on hand sanitizer, alcohol pads/bottles or Clorox wipes.

I got my wipes from Amazon yesterday as part of my Subscribe and Save order. They are Amazon brand, so maybe that's why I got them. I bought rubbing alcohol a few weeks ago before the panic set in.

I have not seen hand sanitizer available anywhere. One of the local distilleries out here started making some and those are appearing in stores locally soon.

Extremely anecdotal, and extremely local, (I'm in a small Canadian city) but worth a shot. Stocker at my local grocery store told me it's been too hard/stressful to try to enforce the buying limit on hot-ticket items, so they DON'T re-stock during the day. They fill the shelves before open, and once they're gone, that's it for the day. He said come first thing and you'll have a much better chance of getting what you're looking for.

I happened upon some alcohol at the grocery store, but it was luck. I must have just lucked into getting there right after a shipment.

I haven't seen toilet paper and paper towels in about 10 days. Clorox wipes I haven't seen in over 3 weeks.

I got my wipes from Amazon yesterday as part of my Subscribe and Save order. They are Amazon brand, so maybe that's why I got them. I bought rubbing alcohol a few weeks ago before the panic set in.

I have not seen hand sanitizer available anywhere. One of the local distilleries out here started making some and those are appearing in stores locally soon.
I too heard they were mass producing hand sanitizer but thought we'd see them in stores by now. I can wait. So happy they are doing this to help us all.

I got alcohol (no pads) at Walmart today......still no Clorox/Lysol wipes or hand sanitizer

Luckily I am a Bath and Body Works lover and have a LOT of small hand sanitizers.
But DS would like a bigger one for work

I ordered alcohol wipes & rubber gloves from Quill (aka staples) yesterday, supposed to be here in a day or 3.
Ordered forehead thermometers over 2 weeks ago, just came in today.
Haven't seen paper towels, tp or kleenex in the stores in ages! Also tried ordering some online, no luck.

I got TP, and a FIVE-PACK of Clorox wipes at Costco this morning. They didn't have Lysol spray, but they had big jugs of Lysol cleaning liquid. I originally had that in my cart, but changed my mind when I found Clorox wipes.

As mentioned above, it was important that I went early. I had a bit of a line to negotiate, but it was fine.

I ordered Nitrile gloves and N95 masks online. The masks are expensive, but they were available. Surgical masks were also available, but for late April/early May delivery. The N95's were ordered Sunday, promised delivery by Thursday, but they are out for delivery today (Tuesday). 2 day delivery on N95 masks is pretty crazy.

Wait. The hysteria can only go on so long. We went into Trader Joe's yesterday and they were fully stocked except for hand sanitizer and facial tissue. It looked like a war zone just 2 days before.

I had a very eccentric great-aunt who sadly passed away last year. It turns out that in her eccentricity, she was hoarding sanitizing hand wipes, and bandaids. My mom was in charge of her estate. So in the middle of summer, my mom asked if we wanted said sanitizing hand wipes and bandaids. We took a bunch of them, and stashed them away.

We were pretty happy with this decision when all this fallout occurred, and went to tap into our stash. Unfortunately, the expiration date on the wipes ranged from 2001 to 2011 :oops: . The 2009+ expired wipes were still wet/potent in their packages.. anything before that? All dried out and not useful anymore.

(Also, the bandaids are these thick rubbery ones, and the kids hate them, and they dont stick very well.. :/ )

Being stocked up on them pre-pandemic. We always have a few packs of toilet paper, paper towels, and extra cleaning products in the basement.
I snagged some toilet paper back on the 12th (we didn't urgently need it, but the store was almost all out so I grabbed a few while I still could) and we haven't needed any since then. Haven't needed paper towels or cleaning products yet.

What are your tricks snagging those widely sought after products that are impossible to buy?

I'm still not able to get my hands on hand sanitizer, alcohol pads/bottles or Clorox wipes.

I lucked out in that I had bought a 4-pack of large Clorox wipes not too long ago just because they were on sale, and had pretty designs on the package. - I considered it a silly impulse buy at the time, but I figured I'd go through them eventually. Now I'm glad I bought them!

I lucked out with TP one day - went early in the morning, and they had gotten a couple of cases in. There was an employee in the isle enforcing a one package limit, so I bought a 12-roll pack (leaving the 24-roll ones for larger families).

There has been plenty of toilet paper, paper towels and kleenex in both Aldi's and Walmart here. No alcohol in either store (we already had 3 bottles so didn't need more). No hand sanitizer in either store for awhile now. Clorox wipes, my Sister In Law happened to be in Walmart last Wed afternoon, just as they were unpacking a shipment of it to the shelves in Walmart. It was a 3 pack and they limited it to one per customer. Since my niece was with her, they grabbed one for me. The shelves where it usually is were totally empty on Saturday morning when I was there. I always have extra cleaning supplies, plenty of TP , paper towels, and kleenex and napkins on hand, so haven't had to go on the hunt for those. Sister in law just told me she went to the 'old as dirt people early shopping hour' at Walmart this morning..at 6 am. There was no TP to be found, but she got everything else she needed. So I guess it's pretty much hit or miss as to what you will find at what stores

I happened upon some alcohol at the grocery store, but it was luck. I must have just lucked into getting there right after a shipment.

I haven't seen toilet paper and paper towels in about 10 days. Clorox wipes I haven't seen in over 3 weeks.
Appears that
I got alcohol (no pads) at Walmart today......still no Clorox/Lysol wipes or hand sanitizer

Luckily I am a Bath and Body Works lover and have a LOT of small hand sanitizers.
But DS would like a bigger one for work
Or he probably doesn't want to smell like a girl. 🤣

I had a very eccentric great-aunt who sadly passed away last year. It turns out that in her eccentricity, she was hoarding sanitizing hand wipes, and bandaids. My mom was in charge of her estate. So in the middle of summer, my mom asked if we wanted said sanitizing hand wipes and bandaids. We took a bunch of them, and stashed them away.

We were pretty happy with this decision when all this fallout occurred, and went to tap into our stash. Unfortunately, the expiration date on the wipes ranged from 2001 to 2011 :oops: . The 2009+ expired wipes were still wet/potent in their packages.. anything before that? All dried out and not useful anymore.

(Also, the bandaids are these thick rubbery ones, and the kids hate them, and they dont stick very well.. :/ )
Wow that is awesome! Anything helps no matter if it expires.

Hand sanitizer, Clorox wipes, masks.

I do my own nails so I always have alcohol on hand to make my homemade nail cleanser so I have not looked for that.

I am OK on Clorox wipes for now but I could really use some hand sanitizer to keep with me to use in the car after grocery shopping before I can get home to wash my hands, I am getting very low, good thing I only need to go out every 10-14 days or so.

I happened to have one large tub of Chlorox wipes in my house ahead of all this that I bought when the flu went through our house early this year. We never use hand sanitizer so we have none at all. And like others mentioned, now I would like to have one bottle to keep in the car, but no luck.

We haven't seen either of those products since we started looking, which was about 17 days ago.

We have always been well-stocked in TP, various cleaning products and paper products. Our stores have all returned to normal, with the exception of TP. It is available, but is being limited. I have not looked for wipes because we don't need any and I haven't looked for sanitizer because we don't use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter