How is anybody able to find...

I am super frustrated by the lack of items at the stores near me, surely to goodness all of the hoarders have their items already right? But if people are out daily hunting this stuff down, then no wonder I can't find it. I'm working in an office and don't have time to be going from store to store, plus trying as hard as I can to not be out more than I have to.

I have real anxiety about needing something and not being able to find it-like can't breathe anxiety. We have purposely only shopped for a week at a time, thinking things will settle down. Went to the grocery on Friday afternoon last week, couldn't get many things I wanted and was close to melt down. DH got up on Sat morning to go back out and see what he could get. In a survival of the fittest world, I'm not going to make it just from the stress of shopping!

I am super frustrated by the lack of items at the stores near me, surely to goodness all of the hoarders have their items already right? But if people are out daily hunting this stuff down, then no wonder I can't find it. I'm working in an office and don't have time to be going from store to store, plus trying as hard as I can to not be out more than I have to.

I have real anxiety about needing something and not being able to find it-like can't breathe anxiety. We have purposely only shopped for a week at a time, thinking things will settle down. Went to the grocery on Friday afternoon last week, couldn't get many things I wanted and was close to melt down. DH got up on Sat morning to go back out and see what he could get. In a survival of the fittest world, I'm not going to make it just from the stress of shopping!

I understand. I generally shop one week at a time and don't consider myself a stockpiler. I mean, I will go to Costco and get a big pack of paper towels and toilet paper, but I don't replace it until I'm down to my last few rolls of each. That has certainly not worked out well for me. It is forcing me to go out shopping at least 3 times a week now to get what I need (if that even works). Normally I shop once per week. I'm not sure what the answer is here, but this shortages are causing people to have to go out and about more than normal.

And I realize business are caught up short, but I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed with the ability to get online shipments to people. That's where the hiring resources should go--it keeps people at home. But I can grab a few things through Amazon only to find that they have absolutely NO delivery options for me at all.

For some reason, I cannot get the email notification set up. It just doesn't give me that option. If you figure it out, let me know!

I also do not see anywhere on staples.com to get in-stock email notifications.

I understand. I generally shop one week at a time and don't consider myself a stockpiler. I mean, I will go to Costco and get a big pack of paper towels and toilet paper, but I don't replace it until I'm down to my last few rolls of each. That has certainly not worked out well for me. It is forcing me to go out shopping at least 3 times a week now to get what I need (if that even works). Normally I shop once per week. I'm not sure what the answer is here, but this shortages are causing people to have to go out and about more than normal.

And I realize business are caught up short, but I have to say that I'm sorely disappointed with the ability to get online shipments to people. That's where the hiring resources should go--it keeps people at home. But I can grab a few things through Amazon only to find that they have absolutely NO delivery options for me at all.

I'm having no luck in finding anything online-wait I take that back, I found some of the small hand sanitisers on bath and body the other morning-I order 2 sets of 5-with shipping it was close to $30!

We also don't have a Costco close to our home, but if and when life ever goes back to normal, I will make the drive.

I was so excited when I found 409 spray on amazon pantry Sunday night. I felt like I hit the lotto. Seriously, they only had 6 left and by the time I filled up my cart to the $35 to get free shipping there was 2 left.

Fast forward to this morning, I received an email on my updated delivery date ... April 20th! 😫 I am going to be out of my disinfectant spray by then. Oh man. Hopefully I will get lucky and score something at Meijer this week.🤞

Last edited:
I was so excited when I found 409 spray on amazon pantry Sunday night. I felt like I hit the lotto. Seriously, they only had 6 left and by the time I filled up my cart to the $35 to get free shipping there was 2 left.

Fast forward to this morning, I received an email on my updated delivery date ... April 20th! 😫 I am going to by out of my disinfectant spray by then. Oh man. Hopefully I will get lucky and score something at Meijer this week.🤞

See, I can find a few things I want on Pantry and then they tell me they have no available delivery slots. Very frustrating.

I was coming home from my run this morning and saw my local pharmacy getting a shipment of hand sanitizer and disposable gloves. I was able to get some for my family as well as for my dad and his girlfriend.

My Amazon subscription of paper towels was delivered yesterday. We also have toilet paper on subscription, they will be here a few days late.

I was coming home from my run this morning and saw my local pharmacy getting a shipment of hand sanitizer and disposable gloves. I was able to get some for my family as well as for my dad and his girlfriend.

My Amazon subscription of paper towels was delivered yesterday. We also have toilet paper on subscription, they will be here a few days late.

I guess you needed to be already in it. I can't even find them to add or subscribe.

No but you will be less likely to get Corona and pass it on to everyone else from your sport shopping. I get it.. there's things people have to go out for. But going out daily for stupid inconsequential items is exactly what we are being asked not to do. You are doing your part.

I got sugar for DD today, she couldn't find it near here.
I go to the regular grocery store Thursday (senior) hour and we'll see.
We're having a family get together Sunday (same family) for DH's birthday, so I need things for that

Nancy, enjoy your family this weekend. :goodvibes

I wish I could get together with my sons and families but they all live elsewhere. :(

Nancy, enjoy your family this weekend. :goodvibes

I wish I could get together with my sons and families but they all live elsewhere. :(

Thanks....I will. We will probably stay in the back yard so the kids can run around......and it won't be for very long. Makes me sad because every time I see DGS he asks if he can stay at our house :sad:

What are your tricks snagging those widely sought after products that are impossible to buy?

I'm still not able to get my hands on hand sanitizer, alcohol pads/bottles or Clorox wipes.

I haven't seen any of those for sale anywhere I've been. The closest thing I've seen is Wet Ones Fresh Scent wipes. I know the CDC doesn't recommend anything other than alcohol, but in other countries they've recommend the active ingredient.

We actually have some disinfecting wipes bought in bulk last year.

I'm not going into stores, so I've looking on amazon , walmart, target, etc about 8 millions times over the last week for my sister. So frustrating, you see something in stock on amazon, add to cart, click to buy, cart is empty. Go back it's still showing in stock, repeat a few times until it finally says, unavailable. Yesterday I found both TP and Lysol wipes at amazon Fresh and put them in cart, but couldn't find a delivery time slot. By the time I found a time slot, both items were sold out and removed from my cart.

But I got her two tubs of wipes that came today, a pack of 24 mega rolls of TP coming on Friday, and more wipes coming next week. Only hand sanitizer I could find (with a name I know) won't come in for a few weeks. But now my brother can stop going into stores to look for the stuff. Paper towels , they have some but really can live without.

In January when all this started I picked up 25 bottles of hand sanitizer, 15 cans of Lysol, and 15 "3" packs of Lysol wipes. I did not anticipate TP, but when the TP memes started, I picked up about 100 plus rolls. I have been supplying my family (in-laws, mother) and several neighbors with these needed supplies.

I haven't picked up anything since and still have a good number of supplies. At this point, I don't want to buy something that someone else may need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter