How long does NBC makeover stay on HM?

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking of visiting for MLK Day weekend, and I was wondering if the Haunted Mansion will still have its NBC makeover three weeks after Christmas. Anyone know when it has traditionally been taken down?

Also... are there a lot of things closed for rehab in January, generally, since it's a slow time?

It was still there last year on MLK weekend. I think they took it down the week after, but it could be different this year.

I wouldn't say "a lot" of things are down in January, but you'll probably find 3-4 attractions are down for rehab - both "small world" and Haunted Mansion go down at some point in January (though it seems to get later every year!) to remove the holiday overlays. Apart from that it depends on what needs refurbishment...could be Space Mountain, or the Railroad, or Indy or Tom Sawyer's Island - you never know. Once the January schedule is posted on the Disneyland web site you'll get a better idea.

Laura

This past Jan it closed on the 18th to remove the overlay. It was a longer then usual closure as they were adding some of the special efx at that time as well. It was down until the first week of March.

I will freak out if Space Mountain is closed this coming January. I have been to Disneyland three times so far (January 01, August 03, June 04), and it was closed every single time!!!

Any idea when the Disneyland calendar will be up for January? What's the best unofficial source for Disneyland California info? Laughingplace? Mouseplanet? I seem to remember using those for my last trip.

pouncingpluto said:
I will freak out if Space Mountain is closed this coming January. I have been to Disneyland three times so far (January 01, August 03, June 04), and it was closed every single time!!!

Any idea when the Disneyland calendar will be up for January? What's the best unofficial source for Disneyland California info? Laughingplace? Mouseplanet? I seem to remember using those for my last trip.
hlb was just using Space Mtn as an example. There have been no rumors of Space going down. So do not get too freaked out. Yet.

But in general hlb is correct that rides (and shows) will be down. See "HydroGuy's High Season/Off Season Tradeoff Rule" - www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1199852.

Regarding calendars, I do not know. Today's calendar only goes until Sept 30 - about 6 weeks away. That is an indicator.

pouncingpluto said:

Sorry, I didn't meant to alarm you about Space Mountain - that was just an example!!! I have no idea if it might be down in January...but I hope not for your sake!

I find that Mouseplanet's "Disneyland update" seems to have pretty reliable information.

Disneyland's calendar *usually* has information 3 months in advance...though that has not been the case for the upcoming Fall schedule for some reason (there is rehab info there into November, though). If you check in November you should be able to see the proposed rehabs for January...but it's always subject to change.

Laura

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter