How low would resale BWV or BCV price have to go to be “worth it” to you?

MamaBear12

Mouseketeer
Background: we travel to WDW every 12-18 months. We’ve been considering buying resale for a couple years now. Just wanted to make sure our financial house was in order first (cash purchase, student debt paid down, fully funding retirement accounts, etc.), which it now is. No concerns of job loss from current situation (healthcare field), so we’re ready!

We were planning on AKV, but after a recent trip staying at the Dolphin, we really fell in love with the Epcot resort area. We love the vibe, but given the earlier expiration date and higher price point, we had ruled those resorts out. Now, with the potential price drops coming, I’m curious what others think about purchasing BWV or BCV. Thanks!

RIV is a good alternative to those. We really enjoyed the Skyliner when we were there last month, and the resort is really nice.

BCV around 110 to 115 would be interesting, but I probably wouldn't buy. I'd definitely think about buying more points at BLT if the price drops quite a bit. I just don't want to own 2 resorts right now.

Background: we travel to WDW every 12-18 months. We’ve been considering buying resale for a couple years now. Just wanted to make sure our financial house was in order first (cash purchase, student debt paid down, fully funding retirement accounts, etc.), which it now is. No concerns of job loss from current situation (healthcare field), so we’re ready!

We were planning on AKV, but after a recent trip staying at the Dolphin, we really fell in love with the Epcot resort area. We love the vibe, but given the earlier expiration date and higher price point, we had ruled those resorts out. Now, with the potential price drops coming, I’m curious what others think about purchasing BWV or BCV. Thanks!
I think that both resorts are awesome, but currently overpriced. If you are predicting a price drop (as many of us are) then it would behoove you to wait a bit. That said, I don't think it is safe for anyone to say that they have "no concerns" about anything relating to the current situation, regardless of what field you're in. What we're going through now is a black swan event...I don't think any of us can successfully predict how we will fare three, six, twelve months from now.

I think that both resorts are awesome, but currently overpriced. If you are predicting a price drop (as many of us are) then it would behoove you to wait a bit. That said, I don't think it is safe for anyone to say that they have "no concerns" about anything relating to the current situation, regardless of what field you're in. What we're going through now is a black swan event...I don't think any of us can successfully predict how we will fare three, six, twelve months from now.
Thanks. We’re definitely planning to wait a couple months or so to buy and see how things go. And I didn’t say no concerns at all, just no concerns regarding job loss. My husband’s on the front lines with this so we absolutely recognize the severity of the situation overall.

We are actually looking at buying BWV. I just started looking in the last few weeks. I have seen some prices drop a bit already, but I haven't quite seen the contract (yearly points/current & banked points/price/use year) that I want. Well, maybe one, but I think I want to wait a few more weeks and see how prices pan out. Plus, we couldn't use the points until 2021 anyway. We would be paying cash, and unless, both of us lose our jobs for a few years or more, I think think we would be fine. Before someone starts preaching to me, I have seen whole industries go into the toilet, back out, and back in again. Most of my family is/was in the oil business. I guess that's why I'm generally kind of tight with money.

I thought it was worth it at $129 because I completely fell in love with it and knew it had to be my first home. The contract was also fully loaded so I’ve gotten a good bit of use out of it already. There was definitely a lot of heart that went into that decision, but the money equation still made sense as a savings over continuing to book my trips through Disney (tenting was never a good fit for me).

I'd say about 100.
That's not factoring any emotion about the specific resort. I dont have a lot of experience with BW, but I do love BC. Problem is I love other resorts too, and I'm not 'beach club or nothing'. I dont think I could go more than 100 for a 2042 resort when there are other appealing options as well.

BCV is the smallest resort and the most sought after even with the 2042 expiration. I would treasure a small contract to either use at a studio for F & W or every other year in a 1 BR. My UY is one of the smallest so I will have to be flexible with number of points. AKV has many contracts out there and will be more competitive. I think there will be lots of small contracts so I might look at buying several with the same UY. I also love BRV which he bought in 2000 but sold as we had a small contract which didn't work well at the time though at this point a small contract for a studio or every other year in a 1 BR would be great. We enjoy split stays 4-5 nights at each and plan on doing two trips a year including our son and DIL and we like our own villas. I have to be careful not to overbuy since I don't know what will happen to the rental market...as has been the option for extra points. Private rentals with close friends that understand the limits only from now on - I just told a friend "no" last month - too risky and she appreciated the honesty.

Ultimate goal: have enough points to spend January and February at WDW every year in retirement!

I've been thinking about this. I think they are overpriced as well, but how much does the price have to drop for it to make sense? And following that, how long will that drop take? Every year passed is one year less remaining, which pushes the value even lower. I don't see the price dropping in accordance with that.

It's tough because I love BWV and would love to own there.

I've been thinking about this. I think they are overpriced as well, but how much does the price have to drop for it to make sense? And following that, how long will that drop take? Every year passed is one year less remaining, which pushes the value even lower. I don't see the price dropping in accordance with that.

That’s where I’m at too. At what price does it make sense? Or do we buy a longer contract resort and hope to get BW or BC occasionally at 7-months?

This is sheer speculation but to answer your questions:

$80 and 9-12 months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!