How low would resale BWV or BCV price have to go to be “worth it” to you?

It is what you can get other (newer) resorts at

You are not accounting for actual cost though. Somewhere like BWV is much cheaper to stay at if you are booking STD view rooms as an example.

We don't know what the current shutdown is going to do to availability either at more popular resorts to be able to sleep around.

You are not accounting for actual cost though. Somewhere like BWV is much cheaper to stay at if you are booking STD view rooms as an example.

That’s a good point. Newer point-heavy resorts could ultimately be more expensive, even if cheaper per point, if you need to buy more to get the room you want, and pay more MFs.

That’s a good point. Newer point-heavy resorts could ultimately be more expensive, even if cheaper per point, if you need to buy more to get the room you want, and pay more MFs.

Just be sure you understand those a really hard to get and studio’s and 2 bedrooms, go right at 8 am at 11 months, most of the time.

1 bedrooms are much easier. Plan for pool/garden but consider SV a bonus!

We don't know what the current shutdown is going to do to availability either at more popular resorts to be able to sleep around.
historically I only stay in my home resort 1/3 of the time so while while home resort has an impact for value likely not as much as for others for me.

Dues are also an impacting factor but purchase price in combination with years left differentials have the largest impact on actual costs of yearly points

Overpriced compared to what?

IMO, the only valid comparison is to Disney's discounted cash price for BWI (or BC /YC for BCV). Prices for other DVC resorts don't matter unless you really don't care where you stay.

Also, for some, a long term commitment is not desirable.

I know I have been thinking about BCV or BWV. I would love the price to go down a bit on the resale. I plan to wait a few more months and see if it drops a bit more. Since I turn 50 this year I want this to be a present to myself.

When we first joined DVC the BC was $115/point buying direct. We purchased AK because with incentives factored in it was $93/point - whole cost $106/point. When the economy recovered we bought BC direct at $130/point and just recently we 'finalized' our DVC membership with a small purchase at $225/point o_O. Frankly I think, with today's resale restrictions $115 would be a steal.

Just be sure you understand those a really hard to get and studio’s and 2 bedrooms, go right at 8 am at 11 months, most of the time.

1 bedrooms are much easier. Plan for pool/garden but consider SV a bonus!
Thanks. I have read some if that availability posts, but appreciate the reminder.

I hear this all the time, but are they really? Off WDW property resorts (Vero) aside, I've yet to talk to anyone who really considers dues. Would you really spend 5 figures on a timeshare at a resort other than your preference because the dues were a dollar less?
I have looked at mine holistically, considering price, points charts, & MFs, as well as average resale trends.

Only you can know what’s right for you financially. I will share my heart not head decision in regards to BCV. We are newer members and after year+ of researching we bought SSR and BLT based chiefly on total cost per point. And then my regret set in. I bought with my head and I was pretty bummed about it. I know that I know BCV has the highest cost in relation to years left. I know I could buy a lot more SSR points than what BCV cost me. I know all of these points but I still regretted not buying there because, it’s where.we.want.to.stay.

I hear this all the time, but are they really? Off WDW property resorts (Vero) aside, I've yet to talk to anyone who really considers dues. Would you really spend 5 figures on a timeshare at a resort other than your preference because the dues were a dollar less?

I look at it. Honestly, the dues gave me more pause than the resale restrictions for Riviera. Given the length of the contract and that it's ALREADY starting at $8.31 has made us reconsider a small add-on contract at Riviera for use explicitly there, because we strongly suspect we will really appreciate the skyliner access, especially during Food & Wine.

As for Beach Club, though... if it dropped under $90/pt, I'd consider it for certain. Our only gripe with BCV is that we're from New England and we won't something that feels more Disney and less like "oh, we're on the Cape." That said, we love the location and most importantly, we love, love, love the pool and the campfires on the beach. It's why I'm excited for Reflections, as the initial drawings indicate it, too, will have a lazy river, and combining Lazy River with a Wilderness Feel is exactly my kind of jam.

A stripped BWV contract was just listed at 103. DVC bought back a stripped BWV contract at $105 a month ago. A buyer would have jumped at this quickly two weeks ago. This will be a contract to keep an eye. It will be interesting to see how fast there is a taker, at what price and what happens in ROFR.

I guess I may be in the minority, but the answer for me is "yes." The cost of dues over the years tends to outweigh the up-front purchase price, especially when buying resale. The only ones that approach 50/50 on resale are Boardwalk and Beach Club (because there are not that many years left of paying dues). If "headline" prices decline, the monthly dues profile will become an even more important part of the ownership decision / financial equation.

We purchased about 5 years ago at $85 and have broken even now. You have to play with the numbers to see what works. I love being in the EPCOT resort area.
If you can get around $100, thats probably a great deal.

I guess I may be in the minority, but the answer for me is "yes." The cost of dues over the years tends to outweigh the up-front purchase price, especially when buying resale. The only ones that approach 50/50 on resale are Boardwalk and Beach Club (because there are not that many years left of paying dues). If "headline" prices decline, the monthly dues profile will become an even more important part of the ownership decision / financial equation.

Dues are the main reason I will not buy Riviera. Crazy how high they are compared to other resorts. Why having access to the "crazy expensive" monorail where all three resorts cost less and have less rooms compared to "cheap" skyliner which AoA, Riviera, CB, POP but yet dues are still much higher at Riviera. Small pool, small community spaces. Just does not add up.

I'm to the point now where I would rather just buy more points at a cheaper resort that has some perks (like AKV Club/Value) and book a 1BR at BCV with those points. That way I have the longer term buy in but am more than likely not blocked out of BCV. If BCV is booked I'll pivot to BWV. If for some reason 1BR starts to no longer be open at 7 months then worst case I'll stay at AKV which I also enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!