How low would resale BWV or BCV price have to go to be “worth it” to you?

Dues are the main reason I will not buy Riviera. Crazy how high they are compared to other resorts. Why having access to the "crazy expensive" monorail where all three resorts cost less and have less rooms compared to "cheap" skyliner which AoA, Riviera, CB, POP but yet dues are still much higher at Riviera. Small pool, small community spaces. Just does not add up.
Yep. Looking just at direct purchases, buying Poly at $245 (with Poly dues) is about the same all-in purchase price (on a cost per years remaining basis) as Riviera at $195 (with Riviera dues). And of course on the resale market you can buy Poly for a lot less than $245.

I'm to the point now where I would rather just buy more points at a cheaper resort that has some perks (like AKV Club/Value) and book a 1BR at BCV with those points. That way I have the longer term buy in but am more than likely not blocked out of BCV. If BCV is booked I'll pivot to BWV. If for some reason 1BR starts to no longer be open at 7 months then worst case I'll stay at AKV which I also enjoy.
I keep circling back to this strategy and I think this is what we’ll ultimately do...buy AKV and try to book 1-bedrooms elsewhere when we can.

The neat thing is that, of my 3 contracts:

BCV @ $84 2014
AKV @ $100 2017
Poly (Direct) @ $165 2015,

it’s the BCV contract that significantly lowers the cost basis of my contracts.

Speaking of which, at what price point would it be worth it for me to buy BCV? $84/point.

At what price would I sell? It’s not for sale.

I bought BWV February 2019 at $120 and am happy with it; I buy for location and am ok with spending more for convenience. BWV requires lower points per stay compared to monorail resorts and I love being able to walk to two parks. I also think a shorter contract can be valuable since dues over the life of the contract will be a much higher cost than the price you pay for the points - so a shorter contract = less cost and uncertainty over dues paid overall. I would expect the price to decrease over the coming months.

RIV is a good alternative to those. We really enjoyed the Skyliner when we were there last month, and the resort is really nice.

BCV around 110 to 115 would be interesting, but I probably wouldn't buy. I'd definitely think about buying more points at BLT if the price drops quite a bit. I just don't want to own 2 resorts right now.
You'd have to be really fast to catch a Beach Club contract at that price, it would be gone before its even printed in the listings.

It is really hard to catch a deal with Beach Club with pts being below $130. I do keep checking. I travel in the fall around Sept so I am being very specific on the time frame and how many points. I figure the best amount of points would be 200-250.

It is really hard to catch a deal with Beach Club with pts being below $130. I do keep checking. I travel in the fall around Sept so I am being very specific on the time frame and how many points. I figure the best amount of points would be 200-250.
I seen one at Fidelity, which is now down, that was $140 I think. I guess it sold quick!

I'm to the point now where I would rather just buy more points at a cheaper resort that has some perks (like AKV Club/Value) and book a 1BR at BCV with those points. That way I have the longer term buy in but am more than likely not blocked out of BCV. If BCV is booked I'll pivot to BWV. If for some reason 1BR starts to no longer be open at 7 months then worst case I'll stay at AKV which I also enjoy.
I keep circling back to this strategy and I think this is what we’ll ultimately do...buy AKV and try to book 1-bedrooms elsewhere when we can.

Is Beach Club "easy" to get into at 7 months if you want a 1-bedroom? The only reason we would buy into DVC at all would be for the extra space of 1-bedrooms. We paid cash to stay at a studio at the Poly a few years ago and it was fine, especially with the split bathrooms, but as my boys get bigger I know we'll want more space. I love AKV but the annual dues there make me hesitate. I also don't care about the 2042 expiration at BCV because I know we won't go back to WDW once my kids are grown (we never went before having kids). I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I think renting points would be our best bet unless there is a crazy drop in prices. At $85pp, I would consider BCV or AKV.

Is Beach Club "easy" to get into at 7 months if you want a 1-bedroom? The only reason we would buy into DVC at all would be for the extra space of 1-bedrooms. We paid cash to stay at a studio at the Poly a few years ago and it was fine, especially with the split bathrooms, but as my boys get bigger I know we'll want more space. I love AKV but the annual dues there make me hesitate. I also don't care about the 2042 expiration at BCV because I know we won't go back to WDW once my kids are grown (we never went before having kids). I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I think renting points would be our best bet unless there is a crazy drop in prices. At $85pp, I would consider BCV or AKV.

BCV is a little harder than BWV. However, even in early October 2019 I had my choice of either one right at the 7 month mark. BCV closed out later that day but I decided to go with BWV anyway. The walk to Epcot is a little shorter from BCV but DHS is a lot closer to BWV. We knew we'd be hitting DHS for the 6am openings so craved that proximity a lot more for that trip.

Interestingly we actually had a chance to book an AKV Value 1BR at 7 months as well. Almost went that direction to save the points but really wanted to be able to walk to DHS for Star Wars. Did not want to trust catching a bus at 430-5 AM....

BCV is a little harder than BWV. However, even in early October 2019 I had my choice of either one right at the 7 month mark. BCV closed out later that day but I decided to go with BWV anyway. The walk to Epcot is a little shorter from BCV but DHS is a lot closer to BWV. We knew we'd be hitting DHS for the 6am openings so craved that proximity a lot more for that trip.

Interestingly we actually had a chance to book an AKV Value 1BR at 7 months as well. Almost went that direction to save the points but really wanted to be able to walk to DHS for Star Wars. Did not want to trust catching a bus at 430-5 AM....

Thanks, that's helpful. I know I would only want to book a Savannah View room if we bought at AKV. We only go to WDW every 2 years so we would borrow/bank points for higher room categories. Smart strategy with DHS though. We took an Uber from WL in December 2019 on our DHS day because the busses were so unreliable. Rained all day but we got a good boarding group for ROTR!

Thanks, that's helpful. I know I would only want to book a Savannah View room if we bought at AKV. We only go to WDW every 2 years so we would borrow/bank points for higher room categories. Smart strategy with DHS though. We took an Uber from WL in December 2019 on our DHS day because the busses were so unreliable. Rained all day but we got a good boarding group for ROTR!

We also do every other year. We've got 75 points which is basically enough to get a studio for 4-5 nights every year or a 1br every other year. So we tend to target the studio and sell the off year points or pivot to a 1BR for resort of choice. I think it's a pretty good happy medium in terms of flexibility if you don't need to sell off those extra points every other year.

well yikes guys, don't buy for the welcome package.
Several years ago we bought BLT, and several before that AKV, both resale. We received on each occasion a nice blue card (which I did know would be absent now) within a decorated folder stuffed with goodies and congratulations.

We've now just received our closing "package" from DVC on a resale polynesian contrast and it's essentially just a one-page letter within a mailing envelope which was sure to mention that we would NOT be getting certain membership extras available only to people who've bought direct. It invited us to log on to the site and view our membership card (perhaps we can even print it?!). And they did include a magnet within the envelope containing the otherwise-naked letter.

It just all feels extra-stripped of ceremony. And our points haven't loaded yet ... :confused3

well yikes guys, don't buy for the welcome package.
Several years ago we bought BLT, and several before that AKV, both resale. We received on each occasion a nice blue card (which I did know would be absent now) within a decorated folder stuffed with goodies and congratulations.

We've now just received our closing "package" from DVC on a resale polynesian contrast and it's essentially just a one-page letter within a mailing envelope which was sure to mention that we would NOT be getting certain membership extras available only to people who've bought direct. It invited us to log on to the site and view our membership card (perhaps we can even print it?!). And they did include a magnet within the envelope containing the otherwise-naked letter.

It just all feels extra-stripped of ceremony. And our points haven't loaded yet ... :confused3

That's one of the differences with resale, it's just a short letter now. Direct purchases still get the folder (although no blue card anymore, you have to request one from the website).

Similar strategy for us -- only we bought SSR, not AKL. We have successfully gotten 1BR reservations at 7 Months at AKL-SV, BWV, & AUL.
& When unable to get those other resorts, we're actually happy at SSR, especially on our Non-Park visits. The only down side for us at SSR was when they raised the points at Congress Park for "Preferred View". We stayed there the first few years of our ownership without paying a premium.
ET :darth:

Running my numbers... it would have to be around $100 per point for me to buy either BWV or BCV. I love both resorts, but it makes no sense to buy for more than that. I currently own at AKL and SSR and have stayed at BC twice in a studio... and booked at 7 months out a Standard View studio at BWV for this September.

Similar strategy for us -- only we bought SSR, not AKL. We have successfully gotten 1BR reservations at 7 Months at AKL-SV, BWV, & AUL.
& When unable to get those other resorts, we're actually happy at SSR, especially on our Non-Park visits. The only down side for us at SSR was when they raised the points at Congress Park for "Preferred View". We stayed there the first few years of our ownership without paying a premium.
ET :darth:

Good call. We've been considering SSR more and more. We've never stayed there but one thing we enjoy most about staying at either BWV or BCV is being able to walk over to Epcot at night, especially during F&W. However, I realized during the 2019 F&W trip that I didn't enjoy it quite as much. Not quite sure why. What I did notice was that I enjoyed Disney Springs more than previous trips. So having that as a walking option from SSR would be considered a definite benefit now.

So, bumping this thread again. It looks like from the ROFR thread that BWV has several contract waiting a 110 pp. I’m tempted to make an offer on a contract, but the thought that it will go to 90 pp later this year is making me hesitate. Where do you think it will end up?

I did find one for 139pp but it wasn't available to close till Aug. I was thinking of offering less like 130pp since they want the rest of the dues paid for that they have left over. Would you say that is a fair price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter