How Many Attempts Does It Take To End Up in a Diabetic Coma: An Adult Adventure at Food and Wine Festival *completed*

20191028_074720_zps8rea32su.jpg
20191028_0858312_zpsrqy1qxlb.jpg
20191028_0853302_zpsoll92uyf.jpg

20191028_073507_zpsfc9ksopt.jpg
20191029_160131_zpssbmdd5rg.jpg

Reactions: DLo
The cheapskate in me is coming through and I’m having a spinach and feta quiche over at Kusafari coffee shop and bakery and I’m not ordering anything to drink because right behind me is a water fountain around Port Authority. I’m just going to wash it down with tap water from the water fountain because I’m cheap like that. I made excellent use of a snack credit with the quiche costing $6.49. I found someone left a disposable tray for me. Since they don’t want it, I’ll take it. Gives me something to eat on. I’m sitting on a big planter right in front of the water fountains.

Today is a little bizarre. I’m so used to bringing in a bag into the park and today I am bag free. I just strolled into the park. There was no stopping. There was no standing.

20191029_1601062_zps5rk2as5l.jpg
20191028_081122_zps3lhnsq7j.jpg

20191028_0859312_zpsyxa9ucbn.jpg

Overheard at the parks: “Oh, don’t mind him, he a narcissist, just like his father”. Classic!

Part of today’s mission is Leave No Snack Credit Behind. Since Keith did not go on the Food and Wine Festival tour the second day at Epcot, we have all the snack credits he would have used then to use before we head on home. After the quiche there are five snack credits left. I’m thinking Keith is going to use two at the resort. The quiche plus three more snack credits this morning means I’m going to be a very full person at the airport when I get there. How do you handle all of those snack credits?

I love how bathrooms are all over the place at Disney World. There is no shortage of bathrooms here. You aren’t going to run into any kind of accidents. Then, every twenty feet there’s a garbage can, which means that this place is so clean it is wonderful. I’m in the bathroom at one point in the Africa section and they are playing Beatles music but like with an African treatment to it.

I’m not sure if it was a good idea to go on Dinosaur where it’s bumpy and twisty. You are moving a lot with this ride. Going on that right after the breakfast might not have been my smartest choice. I’m saying give yourself time to digest. I didn’t experience any problems, but ooooh, I could have.

20191028_092050_zpso2tmb7u8.jpg

After Dinosaur, it is time for the Kilimanjaro Safari and the animals were out in full force. I guess since it is still early in the day at 9:35 am that they felt it was cool enough to roam.

It’s my last day and I am plagued with second thoughts with the “Shoulda, coulda, woulda syndrome”. I do my best to remember that I’m just gonna be happy with what I did. Let’s face facts. I crammed an awful lot into this trip. More than I even anticipated. Part of that is because crowd levels at this time were quite low. I would love to visit during Christmas/New Year but I know the crowds which drive me bananas.

One of my favorite memories is grabbing a Mickey Bar chocolate covered ice cream on a stick as I wander out of the park and trying to gobble it all up before it melts. What a great finish to a wonderful trip.

I took the Disney bus back to Port Orleans French Quarter where I found Keith reading in the lobby. I picked up my bag and ordered a Lyft to take us to the airport. We made our flight with hours to spare because security went like a breeze.

It was an amazing trip that went pretty much just as I wanted. It was incredibly jam packed with adventure and fun. I am so grateful for all that could take place because only four months later the world would start to change.

Last edited:
554820051_zpsomgboln7.jpeg
554820081_zpsceb8hseh.jpeg

Sad to say, it is most likely that I won’t be returning to Walt Disney World until a vaccine has been developed for COVID-19. I think that Walt Disney World is doing all they can to make me safe. I don’t trust the general public. There are absolutely no consequences for people on flights should they choose to ignore guidelines set forth by the airlines. The fact that I would be wearing a mask on my flight doesn’t help me if the row behind me and in front of me decide not to wear a mask. While I think it is unlikely that I might die of the virus, I am incredibly scared of the health consequences of having recovered from the virus.

Let’s flash forward to a year in which COVID-19 is not such a threat. What things I would like to experience on a future visit.
  • Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be an absolute must.
  • A picture at the hub in the Magic Kingdom with the partner’s statue on the left, me in the center, and the castle on the right.
  • A Carl’s special at Rose and Crown (1/2 Harp, ½ Bass)
  • Wine Bar George – Frozcato topped with prosecco
  • I’m guessing by the time I go back Space 220 restaurant will be a go. I would love to experience that.
  • Spending more time just wandering around and taking pictures
  • Take a Behind the Scenes tour. I’ve already taken Keys to the Kingdom, so we’ll see what options are
  • Experience the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille and Tron attractions
  • Sunday Bruch at Homecomin’
What do you recommend for when this pandemic is in our rearview mirror?

552512286_zpsvi4mu4ui_edit_1573825534469_zpsgftkskkn.jpeg

Last edited:

Addendum:

I did a little exercise to see how I made out with the Disney Dining Plan financially. Based on my calculations, if I had been paying out of pocket for the food and beverage that I used my dining credits for I would have spent $493.46. Keith would have spent even greater. The dining plan cost me $450. I did it to ensure that I had a built in savings for food and beverage, the fact that I saved a bit of money is just icing on the cake. We did it Mickey!

Last edited:
I am glad I stumbled upon your trip report! I loved your photos and storytelling. :thanks:
Stay well!

I’ve been away from disboards for a bit and am glad to be back and reading your great trip report! It’s well-written and fun! Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I’ve been away from disboards for a bit and am glad to be back and reading your great trip report! It’s well-written and fun! Thanks for taking the time to do it.

Glad that you re-discovered the Dis boards. Thanks for acknowledging the time and work it takes to produce a trip report.

Thanks I enjoyed your trip .
wishes for safe future trip for all Who Return to this Happy Place

Needed a Disney boost, so I decided to log into the boards. Found your trip report and have enjoyed every word of it - along with all your lovely photos. Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together and share it with everyone. We were so lucky to visit WDW in early March 2020, just days before everything shut down. Canceled our March 2021 trip and am uncertain when we will be comfortable returning. Your report gave me a fabulous dose of Disney magic and truly lifted my spirits!!! Here's hoping your next trip to see Mickey is as the most fun and magical adventure yet (and please don't forget to pack and wear your red name tag - I was laughing out loud every time you told a story about it)!

You’re trip report was this insomniac’s best friend. Read through the whole thing and feel like I owe you a Mickey bar. Such great info, tips and humor.
And I’m stealing this idea :
“One of my favorite memories is grabbing a Mickey Bar chocolate covered ice cream on a stick as I wander out of the park and trying to gobble it all up before it melts. What a great finish to a wonderful trip.”

I also finally stumbled onto your TR. Loved every word of it and your pictures. You're a talented writer. Especially enjoyed your antics with your red name tag.

Like you, we too lucked out with a fabulous trip to WDW right before COVID hit the US. In fact, my DD may have contacted it on her flight home. She had all of the mild symptoms, including loss of taste and smell, but nonetheless tested negative for antibodies a few months later. We had a wonderful time and loved the sky liner access from the RR. I think they should build one to AK.

The only negative in 1/20 was the crowds. This time we're going back on 11/28 - 12/07, when somewhat lower crowds are anticipated. I'm still a little apprehensive however, because of the 50th celebration and the pent-up desire for folks to travel after what feels like loosing a year and a half of our lives. We've both been vaccinated, but plan to drive down from WI. The airfares have tripled from what we paid in 1/20. Stay well!

I loved your trip report! I felt like I was at the food & wine festival. Great writing and I'm glad you got your jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!