How Many Contracts Do You Own?

Have an update since last I answered this type of question ...we just added
150 BWV
To our...
105 BWV, 125 HHI and 200 OKW. Equals 580 points. And done adding.
Started with the OkW in 2006. Added on many small contracts since (8 contracts total).
Have June and Aug UY for two memberships.
The 105 BWV were bought direct in three small contracts over time and everything else was resale.
We had 100 AKV as well, for three years. Then resold for a profit because we can easily use the OKW to stay at AKV.

We love to stay at HHI, BCV and BWV. Have not stayed at VGF or Poly ( have Poly booked for NYE). Have used the OKW at 7 months to book every east coast coast resort except, of course, VGF. ( Also have not yet booked the new CCV but have stayed at VWL and think of the two as the same resort, which we really like)

Last edited:
8 Total - over 5 resorts 715 points.
We started with 170 at BCV direct at the suggestion of our guide back in 2003. Then added on 130 at SSR direct a year or so later again at the suggestion of our guide. SSR was sight unseen. After staying there, we realized it wasn't our favorite place to stay and we usually used the points to stay at OKW as our points went farther. About 3 years ago, we bought 160 OKW points resale so we could get a grand villa every 3rd year. Then we bought 150 VGF point direct and sold the SSR point when VGF became available. We bought 100 points at Boardwalk points resale shortly afterwards just to go to F&W every year in a Standard 1 bedroom. Then we added on 2 50 point contracts at VGF. Lastly, we bought 60 points resale at Vero and 25 direct because we couldn't find a contract with the right amount that we needed in our use year to make enough to get a Beach Cottage every other year for about 3 days.

We recently added our 5th contract, but they all have the same UY, so we just have one membership #.

210-OKW
50-HHI
100-HHI
100-BCV
75-BCV
We have a similar portfolio. My 200 OKW and 125 HHI but have 205 BWV instead of your BCV. We prefer BCV and wished we'd have gone with them when we added the BWV direct. We had the option.

Last edited:

150 Polynesian, 200 Boardwalk and trying to get a 125 at Grand Floridian(it is currently in ROFR). I am already plotting and planning to get more points. My DH just laughs at me though so I am not sure that is going to happen anytime soon :P

4 contracts, all OKW, purchased direct in the early years of DVC. 345 Points total.

We took "buy where you want to stay" very literally and now are the happy parents of:

460 AKL (160/ 300, different UYs as we just added the 160 after my parents became addicted to Club lol)
250 BWV
219 VGF (Guaranteed Week)
100 PVB
230 OKW
200 BLT
200 VWL

We've also bought and sold SSR and BCV. Everything was purchased resale. I just don't have the energy to fight at the seven month window for staying where we want on any given trip as this has been our first timeshare ownership experience and the concept of not getting a room exactly where we want to be and when was so foreign to me.

We have a similar portfolio. My 200 OKW and 125 HHI but have 205 BWV instead of your BCV. We prefer BCV and wished we'd have gone with them when we added the BWV direct. We had the option.

If you don't mind - What do you prefer at BCV over BWV?

Well we like both for location due to being big Epcot lovers. But BCV is a tad closer to IG at Epcot. It's a smaller quainter resort with shorter hallways. It has the best pool on property though, admittedly, we are not huge pool goers. We love Beaches and Cream and our kids love Cape May. And the parking situation is a little better. The negative is that they removed jetted tub and ceiling fans from 1/2BR villas in the renovations. We went with BWV, though, thinking we could save points by booking standard view but that can be hard even as a BWV owner booking right at 11 months...when booking a studio or 2BR. Overall we are happy with BWV because of location and all the dining options, especially if we can get standard view. And we tolerate the snarky check in folks and always having to wait until close to 4 for our room.

Well we like both for location due to being big Epcot lovers. But BCV is a tad closer to IG at Epcot. It's a smaller quainter resort with shorter hallways. It has the best pool on property though, admittedly, we are not huge pool goers. We love Beaches and Cream and our kids love Cape May. And the parking situation is a little better. The negative is that they removed jetted tub and ceiling fans from 1/2BR villas in the renovations. We went with BWV, though, thinking we could save points by booking standard view but that can be hard even as a BWV owner booking right at 11 months...when booking a studio or 2BR. Overall we are happy with BWV because of location and all the dining options, especially if we can get standard view. And we tolerate the snarky check in folks and always having to wait until close to 4 for our room.

Wow! Thanks for the detailed reply. :) wonder why the check in folks have attidude. Surprises me it would be consistent; perhaps they could do some rotations or something.

Do you think there will be a downturn in the fall?

p.s. I like where you're at, too!
Short answer....no. The last three downturns happened due to 1) the economy essentially collapsing, 2) the first set of resale restrictions, and 3) the second set of resale restrictions. So barring another economic collapse, I expect the resale prices to track prices during the 2011-2015 time frame, which was a slow and steady increase. As with any market there will be temporary fluctuations, but as a general rule I think the trend will point upwards. Looking at the market recently, restrictions took effect in April of 2016 which led to a decrease in demand and prices. Follow that with the typical January lull, which led to a four year low in contract pricing. That eventually corrected itself, and now we are seeing significant increases in prices over a short period of time. I expect prices to dip again in January 2018 but within the context of a general price increase.

Or I could be completely wrong. It's like the stock market. I'm going based on knowledge and experience, but there's no predicting what will really happen, just educated guesses. :)

I'm new to DVC. Actually, I'm waiting for ROFR. It seems many people have several contacts and often with different home resorts.

How many home resorts do you have? And how many points?

I hope I'm not being too nosey or personal! I was really wondering the strategy.
THANKS!
9 contracts - 4 UYs - mix of direct and resale - 924 points total - still need more!!
Have 154 GF April UY 2 contracts
June is 3 contracts - BC, BLT and SS (our first and largest single contract at 160 points)
OCT has 1 contract for VWL and 3 for OKW - and one lowly HH contract for Dec. I tend to buy where I like to stay and prefer smaller contracts...

I think there's an entire thread somewhere dedicated to this, but I'll weigh in. The answer is both. :(

Here are the things that are important to us, and which resort wins in each category:

Room view: Winner, BWV hands down. IMO the BCV views are some of the worst on property, whereas the views from Boardwalk View and even most of the Garden/Pool View rooms are vastly superior.

Peacefulness: Winner, BCV. The Boardwalk view rooms can tend to be quite loud at night. I may be getting old, but listening to loud drunk people at 1am is not my idea of a good time. Other booking categories are quieter and on par with BCV.

Pool: Winner, BCV hands down. Two words: Stormalong Bay.

Proximity to parks: BWV by a hair. BCV is closer to Epcot but BWV is walkable to DHS. Plus if you have a Boardwalk View room you can see when the boats are coming and time it perfectly.

So basically, determine what is most important to you and you can figure out your choice. Good luck! :)

I'm new to DVC. Actually, I'm waiting for ROFR. It seems many people have several contacts and often with different home resorts.

How many home resorts do you have? And how many points?

I hope I'm not being too nosey or personal! I was really wondering the strategy.
THANKS!
We own at every resort that we want to "guarantee" that we can stay at for our vacation. As someone else alluded to earlier, if I'm spending all this time and money to go to Disney, I'm going to stay in the exact view category and resort that I want to stay at. Many are more flexible, but I am not.

To that end, we own at Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, and Grand Californian...enough points for a 1BR for a week at each. We are planners, and I rarely if ever get shut out on our vacations. I also own a bunch of points at the lesser expensive resorts (OKW, SSR, VB) to use for trips that we plan within the 7 month window. I don't mind paying a premium to own at BLT, but I do mind using those points within the 7 month window. All of our points were purchased resale, some prior to the second round of restrictions. I will not relinquish those contracts and the blue DVC member card. We get too much value out of it.

That being said, I am extremely detail oriented and anal retentive, and that's not always a good thing. It's possible to get slightly less maximization out of your points and still be totally satisfied with your ownership. And you're probably more relaxed and less stressed. :)

Short answer....no. The last three downturns happened due to 1) the economy essentially collapsing, 2) the first set of resale restrictions, and 3) the second set of resale restrictions. So barring another economic collapse, I expect the resale prices to track prices during the 2011-2015 time frame, which was a slow and steady increase. As with any market there will be temporary fluctuations, but as a general rule I think the trend will point upwards. Looking at the market recently, restrictions took effect in April of 2016 which led to a decrease in demand and prices. Follow that with the typical January lull, which led to a four year low in contract pricing. That eventually corrected itself, and now we are seeing significant increases in prices over a short period of time. I expect prices to dip again in January 2018 but within the context of a general price increase.

Or I could be completely wrong. It's like the stock market. I'm going based on knowledge and experience, but there's no predicting what will really happen, just educated guesses. :)
thanks of your response!

We own at every resort that we want to "guarantee" that we can stay at for our vacation. As someone else alluded to earlier, if I'm spending all this time and money to go to Disney, I'm going to stay in the exact view category and resort that I want to stay at. Many are more flexible, but I am not.

To that end, we own at Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, and Grand Californian...enough points for a 1BR for a week at each. We are planners, and I rarely if ever get shut out on our vacations. I also own a bunch of points at the lesser expensive resorts (OKW, SSR, VB) to use for trips that we plan within the 7 month window. I don't mind paying a premium to own at BLT, but I do mind using those points within the 7 month window. All of our points were purchased resale, some prior to the second round of restrictions. I will not relinquish those contracts and the blue DVC member card. We get too much value out of it.

That being said, I am extremely detail oriented and anal retentive, and that's not always a good thing. It's possible to get slightly less maximization out of your points and still be totally satisfied with your ownership. And you're probably more relaxed and less stressed. :)
I like your style!

we own 185pts at Poly. Paid $166/pt direct

we are Platinum in bluegreen timeshare. so we take several trips with those points as well as some RCI to DVC transfers :)

Have 5 contracts all direct, from 1997 till 2000, totaling 520 OKW pts., all with the same FEB. use year...........flash!... this just in.... We where just informed our 100 point contract was sold today. :yay: Happy Dance! :yay:
..........PS.......miTnosnhoJ , did you buy 100 OKW points today???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!