How many DVC'ers would never go in July or August??

Nope, no way! I get more heat and humidity than I can handle up in NJ. Why would I want to set myself up to have a rotten vacation?

We had a worse day here in MD yesterday than any of the days were in Florida this past week. Matter of fact...we had some wicked heat here a few weeks ago with heat indexes in the 100's. WHEW

We always go the week of July 4th. We are self employed and always take advantage of a holiday. It was not bad. It is worse up here with the heat wave still going on in Ga 100's-105's. HOT!!

Although August would never be the month of choice for us, we did not hesitate to book when our cousins from the UK asked us to join them last year in August. It was actually a lot better than we expected but we did take all the tips - early entry and back to the pool around lunch-time, out again in the evening. In 10 days there was only 1 day that was unbearable, luckily we were at Epcot with no plans for The World and Soaring had lines of between 10-15 minutes :cool1:

We probably wouldn't travel to WDW in Jul/Aug again, we need a winter break to stop getting SAD. We also have a cottage and the season here is so short that you need to grab it while you can.

NARM

We did June this year and that was hot enough! We wouldn't do July through September again and even early Oct is questionable...unless someone GAVE us the trip for free, of course! Then I'd just stay indoors. ;-)

I try to avoid June-September because of the heat. I did a June trip last year and it was just too hot to enjoy the parks. I usually go down in November and December.

We've only gone in November, December, and January. Last November, over Thanksgiving, we had a brief moment of . . . something white and frozen on the windshields. What's not to love about the SAB hot tubs on a chilly day? I doubt if we'd ever go at any other time of year. DH gets migraines if it's too hot/humid, so we've never contemplated a summer visit.

We've only gone in November, December, and January. Last November, over Thanksgiving, we had a brief moment of . . . something white and frozen on the windshields. What's not to love about the SAB hot tubs on a chilly day? I doubt if we'd ever go at any other time of year. DH gets migraines if it's too hot/humid, so we've never contemplated a summer visit.

We love our Nov. trips and Jan too. Jan are great for low crowds. The only problem is I end up pulling my kids out from school 2 days when we go in either Nov. or Jan. At least in Aug....we are out from school. BUT yes Nov. and Jan. are my absolute fave times to go.

We go June Through August every Year. We will not pull kids out of school and iI also work in the school. Just go early and get out by 1:00. The weather was no worse then Ohio the 10 days we were there. :thumbsup2

We go June Through August every Year. We will not pull kids out of school and iI also work in the school. Just go early and get out by 1:00. The weather was no worse then Ohio the 10 days we were there. :thumbsup2

I agree about getting out by 1:00. That was the magic the number. I think going back to parks around 6ish was good. The only thing....some people said go early, leave around lunchtime and go back in the evenings. Well that meant getting up early and staying up late. SO we only did this like twice. I prefer if we go early....then the rest of the day we do OTHER non park stuff, swim, shop, chill and relax. I don't want to be dog tired on my summer vacation to WDW so I think going early and going back is too much to do every day.

I have not read this entire thread but I wanted to add my experience. I absolutely hate the heat. My neighbors call me a hermit because they seldom see me outside in the summer - I have central AC :thumbsup2

With that said, I have gone to WDW in July or August 6 out of the last 7 years and it really isn't that bad. We were there for 2 weeks at the end of July this year and I think 12 out of the 14 days the temperature was the same or lower than it was in Massachusetts. I know this is not normal but it happened. But in a typical year it is not much worse than being home. Summer is summer and it is hot. I found it worse in May 2000 because we left really cool temperatures in MA and it was very hot in Florida.

As far as the crowds go ... we never find that to be an issue (even with the tour groups). We follow some basic strategies: avoid the parks with EMH; arrive at opening; head back around noon; return to the parks late afternoon; use fastpass system. We seldom wait in lines much longer than 10 minutes.

I have no problem with July/August trips and because of school and sports schedules that is when we can go.

This will be our 2nd August trip. We love the hot sultry nights the best. My kids (21 and 23) made me promise I would let them sleep in this trip. It's so easy to pack for August. And it does seem to be less crowded than July.

I found that we were able to sleep in this trip. IF we did a late night then we didn't get up early at all the next day. IT is hard to NOT WANT TO HIT THE PARKS first thing....but as DVC members...we are trying to LEARN not to make it all about the 4 parks and learn that it is okay to do other stuff.

I would never go for an August trip except my youngest DD has a birthday in August and we have to do the obligatory "one time" birthday trip for her and have decided to do it for her 5th birthday. The twins celebrated their birthdays in the lovely month of April. My birthday is a week after the youngest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter