How many hours in between meals?

ChelleMouse

Mouseketeer
I'm working on the rest of our ADR's and am wondering how much time are you leaving between breakfast and lunch? and lunch and dinner?

Thanks!
Michelle

In our case, I made all our breakfast ADR's for right around 8:00 am, our lunch ADR's around 2:00 pm and our dinner ADR's around 7:00 pm. I kind of figured that would give enough time in between meals to get a little hungry....
the only exception is the night we're going to MNSSHP.... we're doing a breakfast at 8:00 am but skipping lunch and doing an early dinner at 4:45 pm so we can get to the party and not waste party time.

:)

We ate breakfast around 8am and then lunch around 12:30 and dinner for 7pm. When on the dining plan we still were really full when it came to the next meal. That is why this time we are going to try the QSDP. Our breakfast was not big either, we used our SC. So it was a danish,bagel,yogart parfait etc: Nothing really big.

WHAT HAPPEN IF I WANT TO EAT AT KONA AT 1 PM BUT WANT MY DESSERT AT LE CELLIER AT 2 PM?:confused3

We always ate meals at the same time we would eat at home.

8am-ish breakfast
12:30-1:00 ish lunch
5:30 Dinner

We're doing breakfasts around 8 PM and dinners between 5-5:30 PM. We may or may not eat lunch at 12 PM (we aren't big lunch eaters.)

I have a big range of times for my ADRs due to show planning. But, ideal I would like 5 hours between bkfst and lunch, 6 hours between lunch and dinner. And we are on the DxDP so I tryed to spread them out.

i just eat when im hungry.. i dont do times.. just whenever im hungry..

How much time do you normally leave between your meals? You are the one that knows your family and everyone here will answer based on their families. For example, reading through these responses, 7:30 for dinner would never work for my family - at home the kids go to bed at 8:00.

Also, I hope you have already made your main ADRs. Your ticker says your trip is less than 170 away. You do know that you can start booking them at 180+10, right?

In our case, I made all our breakfast ADR's for right around 8:00 am, our lunch ADR's around 2:00 pm and our dinner ADR's around 7:00 pm. I kind of figured that would give enough time in between meals to get a little hungry....
the only exception is the night we're going to MNSSHP.... we're doing a breakfast at 8:00 am but skipping lunch and doing an early dinner at 4:45 pm so we can get to the party and not waste party time.

My hats off to you. DH and I did a lunch ADR at 1:15 and dinner at 8:30 and you had to roll us out with a bulldozer!:rotfl: Never again!

How much time do you normally leave between your meals? You are the one that knows your family and everyone here will answer based on their families. For example, reading through these responses, 7:30 for dinner would never work for my family - at home the kids go to bed at 8:00.

Also, I hope you have already made your main ADRs. Your ticker says your trip is less than 170 away. You do know that you can start booking them at 180+10, right?

Yes, most of them are already made. Just second guessing myself - seems like an awful lot of eating.

WHAT HAPPEN IF I WANT TO EAT AT KONA AT 1 PM BUT WANT MY DESSERT AT LE CELLIER AT 2 PM?:confused3
:rotfl2: Two words: Travelling Time .....! Impossible :laughing:

i just eat when im hungry.. i dont do times.. just whenever im hungry..

That is the beauty of the QSDP. I agree with the post below, which is why I now go that route and just make 2 or 3 TS ADRs per week. The trip prior to QSDP was OOP, also with a few TS for that very reason. It was fine when you stood a chance of a walk in but those days are long gone. ;)

My hats off to you. DH and I did a lunch ADR at 1:15 and dinner at 8:30 and you had to roll us out with a bulldozer!:rotfl: Never again!

I read someone's dining review a year or so ago and they complained that they had to leave from their meal at lunch and rush straight across the park for their dinner ressie!

I have a big range of times for my ADRs due to show planning. But, ideal I would like 5 hours between bkfst and lunch, 6 hours between lunch and dinner. And we are on the DxDP so I tryed to spread them out.

We also allow about 5-6 hours between meals. We were still stuffed to the gills, but I am NOT complaining!!;)

:goodvibesI find it helps to not overbook. We are not huge eaters, esp. in summer. Plus, there are so many amazing "pickies" to eat out there.
Basically, we grab a light breakfast (think grab and go). We also keep things like granola bars and raisins on hand in fanny pack.
Then, I know we will be starved after doing early entry, so I make an earlier lunch or late breakfast table reservation at a restaurant in the park we're in.Then, later for supper we will probably do a quick service, and get whatever snacks grab us during the day.
Or.... if we have like an early breakfast buffet reservation on a day when we're not making a early entree, then we will either do a late lunch or early dinner, and probably only counter service wherever we please.
I only make one table service reservation a day. I NEED flexibility in my schedule. But, having just one reservation is perfect because we want to have that one great meal a day.
This works great for our family, who also loves to take breaks and use the pool in the afternoons. Everyone has there own way and you just have to find what works for you. It will become perfectly clear to you.

At least 5 hours between meals any sooner and you may not have much of an appetite for the next. We usually eat lunch around 11:30 and have our dinners around 5:00 and it has worked out perfectly for us. For breakfast we usually only eat something quick on our way out the door like a granola bar, poptart, etc.. which will hold us until our early lunch.

Are you going only with adults or are you going with kids? We're going with little kids, so I just follow their daycare/school schedule, roughly:

They wake up around 7 am; have breakfast at home at 7:30 am (so I booked mostly 8 am breakfast).

They have lunch at noon (that's about the time I booked most lunches).

We have dinner usually starting between 5:15 and 6:15 pm, depending on when we get home, so that's what I booked. They usually go to sleep between 7:30/8:00 pm, although I expect that most nights at Disney we will stay up an hour/an hour and a half after that.

My kids are little, so it's very different than what I would book if it were just my DH and I or if they were older. Also, because they are little, they do tend to eatthree meals a day. Their stomachs are still pretty small, so they eat small portions very frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter