How much do you have in your jar so far?

<b>clm3and Raggedy</b>, most definately you can use Disney Dollars for meals and at the resort! That's what I've asked for too. :)

Thank you Blue,Dear ...... I get more excited everyday. I hope
I can make it until June. :bounce:

My trip 2 weeks ago, I cashed in 110.00. NOT including the Pennies I have in a Pretzel Barrel! Will cash those in for Feb. trip! By the way, if you belong to a Credit Union, they will throw your change in a machine for you and not charge you ANYTHING! Mine does it on Tues. and Wed. only!:D

I've been saving since early September and I have almost $250.00. I'm a big Diet Coke drinker. When I want one at work, I always use a dollar bill. I put the change in my pocket. When I get home, any change in my pocket goes in the change bank. It really builds quickly.

I cashed mine in before my November trip and had over $100! Yippie I converted it all into "Mouse Money" (Disney Dollars or Traveler's Checks).

Here in NJ we have a coin machine in the lobby of our bank called the Penny Arcade. You put your change in, the machine counts it, and then you get a receipt which you take to the teller window. Best of all, it is free.

I love saving change. It does add up and you don't really miss it. We use it towards our spending money at WDW and had around $260 the last time we cashed in.

I read a post about saving change. So for my Oct 2001 trip i started saving change in March. I ended up saving 300.00 in change!! When I came back from WDW, I started a new jar for my Oct 2002 trip!

My dad and I saved change in a water cooler jug. We knew that we had a lot of money in when it took the two of us to carry it! (it left a huge dent in the carpet). We would have never guessed that it would have given us almost $2400.00 WOW....We own DVC, but that paid for everything else we needed for the last trip in August...plus some special things like Cirque de Soleil, golfing at the Palm and plenty of drinks at the resorts. We are now doing the same thing for my wedding in August...it will help pay for the reception!!

Geebs - that is how we put down the initial deposit on our wedding reception several years ago! We rolled up all our change, and had over $800! Good luck!

In addition to saving my change, I recently started writing checks out to myself, cashing them, ad putting them in the jar. Last week I saved over $30 at the grocery store using coupons, so I wrote a check to myself for the amount I saved! I also started seling all my used books on Amazon.com - when I receive my payments, that all goes to the vacation fund too!

There are so many different ways to save - each little bit sure adds up!

Krissy

Well, to make those of you with less than $100 feel better, I just counted my coffee cup that has silver in it. I had a grand total of $20.95 plus 1 Liberty dollar, 1 Susan B, 1 Sakajawea, 2 Canadian quarters, 1 Netherland's dime and one German nickel. Think I can use those in World Showcase? LOL! I haven't counted my penny mug, but it is a pint size and when full (it's 3/4) it holds about $16.

I haven't been as diligent as I should though, so I'm going to try better over the next 58 days. No more exact change, no more change in the newspaper machine and no more change for allowance. Wonder if my kids will take a check?

:earsgirl:
59 more days!

I can't remember exactally when I started my Dis cookie jar ~
6 - 8 mos ago. and have about $300 :D Our family of 17 are
doing the Magic cruise Dec 2002. Each family made a decorated
Dis jar and save every xtra penny we get ~ from clipping coupons,
to the pizza we didn't get Fri night, to all our change. We also give
the grands Dis $'s for the holidays.....BD's, Easter, Christmas, etc.
They seem to enjoy saving up for their big trip and every so often
counting 'their stash'. It is surprising how fast it adds up!
:crazy:

I wasn't going to count my bottle til it was full. But this thread made me soooo curious. We've been saving for a little less than 2 months and have $130 already. Everyone in my family though there was about $50 in it. It adds up so fast!

It's so nice to read everyone's comments about how much they've managed to save and how they're doing it. This jar idea really made me and husband realize how easy and fun it can be to save! We've got <b>a little over $100 in there now</b> (thanks to DH buying $30 worth of disney dollars and sticking it in there!) and we've still got 54 more days to go, so I'm hoping we'll have at least $200 which would take care of our road-trip expenses and a meal at the world. Awesome!

We're also asking our folks for Disney dollars for Christmas. Wish us luck! :)

Blue, Dear, I just realized that we are going to be there around the same time! We have 56 days to go, so you are getting there on Friday and we are getting there on Sunday! It will be interesting to see how our money jars grow over the next few weeks! (WEEKS! I can really start thining about it in terms of WEEKS!!)

Oh, I just thought of another way that we have decided to save for our trip. For every meal that we start out thinking we are going to go out and we end up making something at home instead we are going to put the money we would have spent (on pizza, burgers, etc.) in the jar! We've been saying, "Let's not eat out so we don't spend as much before our trip." But we still end up spending that money elsewhere. So now it is going into the kitty. I figure witha family of 5 we can save at least $50 a weekend!! (x 7 weekends.......)

:earsgirl:
56 days til next trip ASMu!

We've saved over $43 in 2 months. We found the neatest "piggy" bank at Walgreen's. Most of the change is mine-my wife likes to keep her change for everyday needs. We're going in June. I hope to have at least $100. 193 days to go...

We saved about $30 in one month but when I was going through some gifts we brought back from our October trip I found $25 dollars :cool: so I put this in the money box. Now we have $55 and we have two more months to save.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter