How much social distancing do you do?

2 person household, me and my mum

Since March 13, we have only left the house to walk to the grocery store. For me that means in the last 17 days I have only left the house 4 times.

There has been no one else in our house in before March 13 and we have had no in person contact with anyone. We speak over the wall to our neighbour or shout across the street to other neighbours

In the house we are also social distancing, we spend most of the day apart in different rooms, we don't even eat meals together or prepare the same food.

When I go out to the grocery store, I will cross streets and make sure I am far away from other people. Our local grocery store limits the amount of customers and has boxes marked out on the floor to make sure customers stay apart. The tills have perspex screens to protect the staff.

I dont plan to leave the house other than a weekly trip to the grocery store until after Easter

Me - I work in healthcare so I'm essential. I work in an admin suite and we sit about 6 feet apart. We are spaced out. BUT I do have to walk through clinic areas to get to my desk and leave. To get into the building you must have an ID badge and if you are a patient you have to have your temperature taken in the lobby. No one can accompany you to your appointment unless you are disabled or a child. I've witnessed HUGE arguments in the lobby when both parents want to come in. I only go to work and go home. I will be doing grocery shopping during special healthcare hours. My SO was doing them the last two weeks. Other than that I won't leave the house.

SO - He's been working from home since Thursday. Last time he went to work was Friday 3/20. His building closed down Monday 3/23 and his job paid him until he obtained his equipment. He did have to go into his building to pick up his equipment but they were given a certain time so they wouldn't be around anyone else.

DS20 - been home from college since 3/12. The only time he leaves the house is to grab food from a fast food place which has been maybe twice in the last week. Last time he hung out with friends was 3/15.

DD14 - She hasn't been out of the house since 3/13.

DW has to go to work but it's just her and about 10 of her fellow employees in a very large work area. She's very conscious of staying at least 6 feet away from her co-workers. Their workplace (a public library) is no longer open to the public and won't be for at least another 6 weeks. I've been working from home for about a week now.

We work in our yard and take walks around our neighborhood, but otherwise, we only go out when we absolutely have to get something from the store. And when I go, I have a mask (from before all this started) that I wear. What I've read over the last week is masks do help in some way (the debate is over how much), and so I'm going to wear it to be on the safe side.

5 person household (87, 52, 50, 24, 18). Much of Massachusetts is closed except for non essential until May 4 at the current time.

My Mom (87) is staying home and not going anywhere for the next few weeks at least.

My husband is still working in person, so he goes to work, following social distance guidelines and being careful etc. as much as possible. He also limits his interactions with my mom as much as possible.

I and the kids are completely working from home...My college classes that I teach are all online now and the kiddos' college and grad work are all online for the rest of the semester also.

I am now limiting my shopping forays to once a week for groceries, and once a week for pharmacy.

I clean and disinfect common surfaces daily.

It's me, dh and my ds's at home.
Dh is still working but is mostly working from home. If he does have to go in, he is able to avoid contact with anyone. His place of employment is in a hotspot so he's staying home as much as possible.
The last time I was out with the public was on 3/19- just looked up my last pick-up order.
I've been to the bank's drive up teller and gotten gas.
I have been getting groceries, and everything else delivered since then.
My boys are here, haven't been in contact with anyone outside the home for 2 weeks or more. I honestly don't remember how long it's been.
I've been out walking the dog, but pretty much avoiding the neighbors if they are out as well. Even at 6 feet I don't want to be near them, we have a lot of commuters to NYC and most of them are probably working from home now, but I have no intentions of risking it.
We do go out of town to our camp property. We bring everything from home and go straight there, spend the day and come back here. As the weather gets warmer we will go up for a few days/nights mostly on the weekends. We will not have any contact with anyone in that area, we will continue to bring what we need from here so that we don't have to go down into the town to get anything.

I feel incredibly guilty for not visiting family right now. I know it is the safest thing to do, but under the circumstances my family is in, it's hard to not have guilt.
I guess this is just how it's going to be for the unforeseeable future :(

It's just DH and myself. Sons and families live elsewhere. We do a lot of Facetime and calling them which we did anyway.

I haven't been to a grocery store since March 12. I do have to go to the hospital for my Wednesday infusions but I have my mask and gloves on and getting in there is like getting into Fort Knox anyway.
DH is my designated shopper. He will be going today with my list and to get anything my sister or My mom might need. My sister then goes on Fridays and gets anything Mom or we need.

When it's nice out we do visit with Mom, sister and a brother outside 6 feet away. No one goes into anyones' houses. We set groceries on the porch for them.

So hopefully we're doing our part. DH does practically Lysol himself and truck down after shopping. It's comical in a sad way.

I only do grocery pick up ( I DESPISE the grocery store) but all of my local grocery stores either have stopped due to low staffing or are booked solid for weeks to come. I have a friend who works in corporate for the grocery store chain I go to and he said they have no man power to do pick up orders. Everyone is working in other areas (stocking and disinfecting).

My house consists of me, my husband, and my father-in-law.

I’m disabled & my FIL is retired. We last set foot in a store on Feb 25th & have only done online pickup or delivery since then.
My husband started working from home on March 5th and hasn’t left the house since.

So, pretty darn isolated

I only do grocery pick up ( I DESPISE the grocery store) but all of my local grocery stores either have stopped due to low staffing or are booked solid for weeks to come. I have a friend who works in corporate for the grocery store chain I go to and he said they have no man power to do pick up orders. Everyone is working in other areas (stocking and disinfecting).

which I totally understand, but it’s also frustrating because all the stores in my area are actively encouraging you to use pick up options, but then lack adequate staff for those pick up options. I feel bad for the position they’re in, I’ve just been making reservations for pick up a week out, which requires more planning than I’m used to!!

which I totally understand, but it’s also frustrating because all the stores in my area are actively encouraging you to use pick up options, but then lack adequate staff for those pick up options. I feel bad for the position they’re in, I’ve just been making reservations for pick up a week out, which requires more planning than I’m used to!!

I go on the app at 7 am and all of the slots for the day or days that are released are already "sold out" so I'm positive they have shut down pick up for our local stores. It is frustrating. I hate the grocery store as it is and then to go when it's crowded and crazy is horrifying for me. LOL

Luckily they have special hours for healthcare workers so I'm going to use that this week. It's in the evening so I'm hoping everything isn't sold out.

My family consist of my DH, two daughters (16 & 19), and me. DH already worked from home, and I don't work. No one in my family has been closer than 6 feet to anyone else for 18 days now. Our groceries are delivered, so we have not been in a store in that time either. We exchange greetings with neighbors from 6+ feet away when we go outside.

No social distancing within the house though.

Me, my husband and 9 year old daughter.

Last time I went out was March 18th to pick up supplies for my kid's art class. No one has been here.

My husband goes out to do grocery pick ups and sometimes to deal with equipment for his work, but he doesn't see anyone at those centers.

My last social interaction was me waving and yelling THANK YOU through my window to my UPS driver. :rolleyes1

Luckily they have special hours for healthcare workers so I'm going to use that this week. It's in the evening so I'm hoping everything isn't sold out.

First time I’m hearing about such a thing.
When I Googled just now, looks like no stores doing that on the West Coast yet.

It’s myself, DH and 2 college age daughters. My DH has been working from home for 3 weeks now. He is high risk. My oldest DD quarantined for 14 days when she came home from Italy back March 2nd. After that, she has pretty much stayed put anyway, she said this looks no different from her normal life!:p Other dd has been home for 3 weeks; she is high risk as well. I lost my job so I have been home for 3 weeks. We have been nowhere but grocery store, ordering out and picking up food. I have had horrible sneezing though because I have spent tons of time now working in the yard. Our pollen rating yesterday was 11.5! High! It is a like blanket here. You can walk outside and see a cloud of yellow and green everywhere. My DH stopped walking the dogs with me because his eyes were burning so bad.

Is anyone social distancing from their families at home?

Me! 🙋‍♀️

It is myself, DD (12), and DH. DH is still working which takes him all over the country and up until last week Mexico and South America. We are social distancing from him the best we can in our home. :( As soon as he walks in the door, it is straight into the shower. The big thing I miss is the family dinner table, but it is the right thing to do. He is sleeping in a guest room in the basement, and the basement is his "home base" but he does come up and we chat and watch TV together at a distance. I basically go behind him Clorox wiping everything he touches. :laughing:

A lot of our friends are in this predicament too and we are all doing the same thing.

First time I’m hearing about such a thing.
When I Googled just now, looks like no stores doing that on the West Coast yet.

They have Wednesday from 8-10 pm for healthcare workers and the same on Thursday night for first responders. It’s very helpful.

Me! 🙋‍♀️

It is myself, DD (12), and DH. DH is still working which takes him all over the country and up until last week Mexico and South America. We are social distancing from him the best we can in our home. :( As soon as he walks in the door, it is straight into the shower. The big thing I miss is the family dinner table, but it is the right thing to do. He is sleeping in a guest room in the basement, and the basement is his "home base" but he does come up and we chat and watch TV together at a distance. I basically go behind him Clorox wiping everything he touches. :laughing:

A lot of our friends are in this predicament too and we are all doing the same thing.
That is totally understandable :(. {{virtual hug}}

I have not been in a car in two weeks time. The only people I've "seen" up close and personal IRL are my husband and son, who live in my house. I've been outside to take walks (in a social distancing correct way) almost every day, but I've not been in a store (my husband does that) or been in any kind of group (I attend my city council meetings virtually) since Sunday, two weeks ago. I'm taking my obligations to everyone else very, very seriously. My husband goes to work M-F, but when he comes home, he strips naked in the garage, takes his clothes directly to the laundry, and then steps directly into the shower. He's being as safe as he possibly can be to protect us all.

I live with a roommate. Neither of us have left the house for anything other than groceries/pharmacy needs or walks around the neighborhood since March 13. My roommate basically works out in her room now and doesn't even exercise outside. Walking has always been my preferred form of exercise, so I am still trying to get 30 minute walks in when I can, but have started to do so at off times or when it's not as nice out, since my neighborhood can get crowded with people doing the same. I've gotten very good at dodging people!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter