How much time for Food & Wine Festival

disneylove16

DIS Veteran
Is one full day enough to hit most, if not all, of the booths? F&W is all we'd be doing, no rides, no TS or QS meals, just F&W. We also would not be doing any of the events. Since dates haven't been released, I'm planning (hoping) it will be started by 9/1, which is our last day of the trip. In order for us to plan another F&W day in the hopes it starts 8/30 or 8/31 I'd have to change our planned days all around. Thanks!

There were 35 booths last year. After multiple trips with multiple days at F&W, I've never made it all the way around to each booth. I can do about 3 booths, 1 dish and 1 alcoholic beverage, at a meal before I'm throwing in the towel.

Early September is going to be hot as walking on the sun, I don't think you're going to want to fill up and be miserable.

Our best strategy has been to visit F&W at opening for an early lunch and then again for early dinner, and then again for dessert before Illuminations. We don't hang around all day.

2 years ago we did 2 days and not enough time. Last year, we spent 3 days and still didn't taste everything we wanted to try. This year we are planning 3 days again.
We also have done some of the tasting seminars during the day and did 2 food and wine pairing meals at lunch, so that cut into the days. Enjoyed the Italian food and wine pairing, the Mediterrain one was outstanding.

If you get there for opening, 11 am, and stay right to close you may be able to, just may not be able to try and experience everything. We always do 2 days and I am always mad at myself for not doing everything I want, but then again we also do the rides and shows and take our time in each country.

Thank you everyone! DH and I were planning on splitting dishes, and I had high hopes since the portions are so small. But, after looking at the menus feom last year, I feel like I want to try everything! So probably won't be able to eat all that in one day. I'm looking into reworking our plans to fit in another day. Thanks!

I think it was 30+ booths last year. We spend our entire 10 day trip with exception of Swan and Dolphin food fest weekend at Epcot. Way too much for just one day.

There were 35 booths last year. After multiple trips with multiple days at F&W, I've never made it all the way around to each booth. I can do about 3 booths, 1 dish and 1 alcoholic beverage, at a meal before I'm throwing in the towel.

Early September is going to be hot as walking on the sun, I don't think you're going to want to fill up and be miserable.

Our best strategy has been to visit F&W at opening for an early lunch and then again for early dinner, and then again for dessert before Illuminations. We don't hang around all day.

Agreed! We much prefer to go at 11am and tackle a few booths before leaving EP as crowds pick up- ideal for us is at least 3 half days at FW- and thats with a 9 and 12 yr old. Sometimes we head back in the evening to hit up a few more booths.

I think you'd have a lovely day and would be able to hit highlights, esp if you eat lunch and dinner at the booths. Don't underestimate the impact the heat and humidity will have on your appetite, though (or your pocketbook!). For us, there is only so much walking around the WS in the heat we can do. We usually make 1 full circle, with pre-selected ideas for what we might want to try (usually based on reviews or previous years) and then hit the booths near Future World another day. Last year, I thought the best food offers were there, actually.

The good news is that much of the booth offerings don't change so if you return the following year, you can try things you missed this year.

One day isn't enough for us, but if that's all you've got available it's way better than nothing. Pick up a guide so you can plan which samples sound the best and head for those. The 1st is a Saturday. I would caution you about weekends where it always becomes stupid crowded and the booth lines stretch on and on starting mid-day... and keeps getting worse as the afternoon wears on. We do booths some days of the week (M-F) and avoid the park altogether Sat-Sun.

Here's hoping for another late August opening!

One day isn't enough for us, but if that's all you've got available it's way better than nothing. Pick up a guide so you can plan which samples sound the best and head for those. The 1st is a Saturday. I would caution you about weekends where it always becomes stupid crowded and the booth lines stretch on and on starting mid-day... and keeps getting worse as the afternoon wears on. We do booths some days of the week (M-F) and avoid the park altogether Sat-Sun.

Here's hoping for another late August opening!

Thank you! I was super wary of going on a Saturday (especially the first Saturday of the event!) I was going off an online crowd calendar, which now I'm reading are almost always inaccurate. But my main reason is that F&W dates haven't been released. I have some hope the event will start on a Thursday like last year, or even Friday would be better. Fingers crossed!

If you can avoid it, do not go on a Friday night (during the day wasn't bad, but got crowded by 5 pm) or Saturday. Last year, we got in on Saturday afternoon and decided to go to F&W for a quick drink before dinner. It was a nightmare. Wall to wall crowds. During the week was much more enjoyable.

DH and I went last September and did two days - although not full days - and we were able to get just about everything in. We split our dishes but still found we were full sooner than we wanted to be. As one of the previous posts said, the heat did impact what we were willing to do. We caught some very hot days and so wine wasn't very appealing and some of the heavier foods weren't either. Upside - got to meet some very interesting people sharing shade while eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter