How often do you use Public transportation in your own city?

I use public transport on a daily basis as I don't drive. I use bus and tram depending on my route. I do the same when I travel. I have used public transport in
my home country
London and various places in England
Edinburgh and various places in Scotland
Belfast
Paris and Disneyland Paris
Munich
Berlin
New York
Vegas
LA

I use public transport on a daily basis as I don't drive. I use bus and tram depending on my route. I do the same when I travel. I have used public transport in
my home country
London and various places in England
Edinburgh and various places in Scotland
Belfast
Paris and Disneyland Paris
Munich
Berlin
New York
Vegas
LA
LA? really? WOW

As a teen/young adult I took the bus/subway all the time.
But I haven't used public transportation in years at home.
I prefer the buses to driving at DW.

What public transport?
The only buses I've been on since high school were at Disney, Universal, and the airport parking transfer.
No city buses, no subways, no taxi. Ever.
When I drive into the city, I use my own car and have no reason to use anything else.
We've only flown for vacation a few times, so it's rare that I don't have my own car.
I'm 45.

I don't use public transportation iwhere we live (DC area) except to occasionally go into the city. Going to work would require multiple changes and would take a long time. All in all, a 25 min 13 mile driving commute would turn into a 40 mile+ 2 hour commute. Why would I do that? Otherwise, at WDW and other cities, we use it a lot. At WDW, we park our car and don't use it the entire time we're there. We also cruise a couple of times a year and we use local buses fairly often in both domestic and foreign ports. We use taxis a lot also. In NYC, we use taxis, but plan to use the subway more next trip.

Our public transportation is a joke. I have a 5 mile commute. To take the bus I would have to walk 3 blocks along busy roads with no side walks, take the bus to another state, transfer 2 additional times for a grand total of a almost 3 hours, again I live 5 miles from work. I also live in town not the country. It's sad. Our taxi cabs are a joke too. I work for a major company with sites globally and we are in a mid size metro area, we are the only site that hires a limo service for visitors as the cabs are so gross. In a bright note uber is growing fast here, never more than a few minutes wait.

Only time I use it is to & from Bruins games. Commuter rail lets me off in the Garden & returning about 3 blocks from my home.

Never!

Love Disney transportation, part of the bubble/experience, never use our own vehicle.
Very few issues that others seem to have.

Never use public transportation at home or Disney transportation. Always drive. I have trouble turning control over to other people. I would fly the plane if they would let me.

I have taken public transportation 3 times in my life so not often but if you are worrying about using Disney transportation if you don't use public transportation at home don't. It is easy to use and while not exactly the quickest way anywhere it is convenient.

Everyday for to many years. Right now I carpool, but if not splitting costs would go back to Subway.

The only "public" (since it isn't) transportation I use is at Disney. Public transportation is non-existent where I live.

We don't have public transportation other than some very sketchy taxi companies & only the tourists use them. We're heading to Washington DC today & will be using the Metro. I love the Disney transportation except at closing.

Are you talking about the monorail and buses at wdw? I wouldn't equate those with city buses and subways. They're so much simpler. No matter what they're not going to take you away from wdw.

I've used many city transportation systems - NYC, Boston, Beijing, Hong Kong, D.C., Chicago, London, San Francisco, Cleveland, Minneapolis. I think London was the easiest to navigate as a visitor. Everything was incredibly well marked and the PA system could be understood. Of the U.S. cities I've used the DC metro earns top billing from me.

When I lived in NYC I took the bus and subway daily. Here in Orlando I have a car- I’ve never taken public transport here; I’ve never had a reason to. I find WDW transport very simple the rare occasions I find myself not driving around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!