How often do you use Public transportation in your own city?

We don't have public transportation here in the birthplace of car culture. Disney is okay, though I prefer major-city mass transit. And the novelty of it kept my kids from whining when they were small because they didn't even ride school buses so the Disney buses were "magical". ;)

Never at home, last time I used any kind of public transport was taking the school bus in high school. We rent a car at WDW but never found the Disney transport system a problem. We just prefer to not wait around for a bus when we're coming or going, and we like the freedom to take some routes that Disney doesn't provide (i.e. resort-to-resort.)

Nope. Wish I could since I hate driving but the routes are not very convenient (I would have to transfer twice to get to work and I only live 5 miles away) and the schedule does not run when I need it to. When I worked swing shift, I got off work after they stopped running and would not be able to get home. Now that I work day shift, they do not start running early enough for me to get to work on time. Our city counsel is working on it currently but I don't know when they will be able to fix the accessibility issues it currently has.

No public transportation in my town. We'll head into Chicago every once in a while, but I prefer to drive. We'll take the train if we're hitting rush hour time and then walk where we need to go. Even if we drive to WDW, we always take their transportation. I like that I don't have to worry about traffic or getting lost. I just sit back, relax, and occasionally take a nap on the way. I really like the boats, too.

I live in a midsized town in Oregon; met my husband in NYC. We took the subway daily in NYC. We have only one car now, as I had mine and he was carless because no one drives in Manhattan. So now we're in Oregon, sharing a car, and he is always offering to take public transit home. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: He's very savvy in a lot of ways, but I just think "oh sweet summer child" and come get him. Every time. The public transit here sucks in so many ways--takes too long, has more crazy people than you'd ever see in NYC, some of the bus drivers are pretty nutty too, and the downtown bus area is just a mess . . .not worth it.

I like Disney transportation, though. Except the Magical Express. We took it once, and it smelled like old diapers. My daughter said it reminded her of stale farts and lost dreams, or something like that. We use a car service now to get to WDW.

Only time I use it is to & from Bruins games. Commuter rail lets me off in the Garden & returning about 3 blocks from my home.
You know you're making it kind of easy to narrow down where you live, right? Maybe don't be quite so descriptive?

My city offers few public transportation opportunities unless you live in a select few neighborhoods and are traveling to very specific parts of the city.

By comparison, I loved Disney's transportation system. It was effortless and took me where I wanted to go.

I’ve never taken public transportation in my town, never had a need to. My son takes the city bus everyday since there are no school busses for high school students. I actually don’t mind using public transportation when we travel to other areas but typically stick with Uber.

Outside of school buses, Amtrak that goes strictly OUT of town & back, and elderly transport, there's no public transportation within 50 miles of me. Here, you drive or you don't go.

How many commuter lines depart from North Station? Must be more than one.

And they probably stop at more than one station.

To answer the question, I take public transportation almost daily - but the city I live in has a good bus/tram system. I also often use it when I travel (found the bus in Jakarta tricky to navigate, but luckily I only had to go on one line and it was pretty much a straight line and in a bus only, protected lane so much, much faster than a taxi (walking was just a teeny bit too far, plus there were places where I'd have to cross scary intersections)).

You know you're making it kind of easy to narrow down where you live, right? Maybe don't be quite so descriptive?

How many commuter lines depart from North Station? Must be more than one.

If memory serves me right about 7 tracks that service approx 18-20 lines to the North. You can also get to North Station from South Station on a trolley ride - do that too. Benefit of 2nd marriage we have houses north & south of Boston. Oh and posting my Halloween pics probably most know where I am at least some of the time. Not too afraid of DIS stalkers:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Six, if you count one line branching off in two directions, and Amtrak's Portland runs.. But the poster has, in the past, indicated the city of residence.

The last time I used public transportation in my city was 39 years ago. We live 30 minutes from town so I have to have my car to get into town.

No public transportation where we live, accept the train line that hooks up with a line into Grand Central. Nearest city has a bus service that I don't use. When I lived in NYC and spent time outside DC, I used nothing but public transportation.

within my city, rarely.

I do take the Metrolink to LA or to Oceanside during the weekends, though.

How was it getting used to Disney
The only public transportation we use is the train to NYC on occasion.

Using the Disney buses felt a lot like riding an upgraded version of a school bus. When it is in working order, the monorail is fun to ride. The boats are my favorite of all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!