How old do you see yourself going to WDW?

still going I am 67 - will be 68 next month - hey moved to florida to kept visiting WDW so no real to quit - now one day can see not being able to drive the car that far (35 to 62 miles depending upon the park and the way I go) - but until that happens (if it happens) will kept going to WDW

Last edited:

I'm doing my first solo trip in October to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my 35th year. I hope one day to find a "Golden Girl" living situation in Orlando and work at WDW during my retirement. This will be my first trip back in seven years - took some time to travel through Europe and Central America. Can't wait!

I'm doing my first solo trip in October to celebrate the 25th anniversary of my 35th year. I hope one day to find a "Golden Girl" living situation in Orlando and work at WDW during my retirement. This will be my first trip back in seven years - took some time to travel through Europe and Central America. Can't wait!
I might be to old to figure it out, so you must explain how you have a 25th anniversary of your 35th year. Never mind I just figured it out... this is the 25th time you have celebrated being 35, right? That would make this year the 35th anniversary of my 35th year. Gotcha!

On our 2011 trip we were in the queue for tower of terror, as we came out of the first room to walk to the lifts we walked past a man who looked like he was in his 90's, he had a walking frame and a man supporting him. I remember walking past him(he was going very slowly and everyone was walking around him) wow I hope I'm still coming to Disney when I'm his age.

Well, I'm knocking on 60, but still love WDW as I did 20 or 30 years ago. As long as I can enjoy it, I'm hoping to keep going. As it stands now, no end in sight.

And...it would be okay with me if my last breath is on the Haunted Mansion ride (sorry in advance if the ride stops for a couple minutes)

At first I figured it would be when I couldn't get around anymore. But when I was diagnosed with Lupus and needed a scooter, I realized that it could get me around the park when I can't.

So, now I guess it will be when I start running over people and not caring about it.
so many on scooters have already reached that point. It's fun jumping out of the way.

As I joke with my daughter I will probably stop going anytime after I am dead for 3 years or more. Can't make any promises before that. When I retire I plan on buying a condo there and doing WDW everyday. I walk 15 miles a day now so I figure why not walk in the parks.
Let me know if you want a roommate! LOL!

I plan to go until I can't! Our DVCs expire at different times but I can imagine staying at one of our home resorts and not going to the parks. Our last trip to Poly we were at the parks for just a couple of hours a day (had to ride FOP - and eat at Epcot!). Didn't miss park time at all. Watched fireworks from the balcony, walked around the resort, and had a great time. The last night we realized we were on a test retirement trip. Only 7 years to go!

A couple of years ago, I was standing in line for the Magic Kingdom busses and met an older couple from Illinois. They were celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary.
Apparently, they had gotten married, the year that Disney World opened, and spent their honeymoon there. And every year since, they've came back and celebrated their anniversary.

Their kids had grown up and had kids of their own, and now with just the two of them, they were still flying out to enjoy this magical experience together as a honeymoon tradition.

I thought it was a really sweet story.

I’m hitting 72 this month (where does the time go) and have reservations for three more trips this year. I went in January too. Some of my trips are solo (I am widowed) and some are with my children and grandchildren. I will continue to go until I just can’t do it anymore. I am not up and out as early as I used to be (although the room checks make sleeping in more difficult) and I am in earlier at night.

My mother just turned 70 in December. We've all had annual passes since my sister and I were born (back when you got your picture taken and put on your pass, haha). Trust me - she'll stop only when she's dead. She's in great physical shape, still teaches fourth grade, and she's on Spring Break this week, already making plans with her best friend to go. I'm fairly certain if she ever hits the point where walking is a chore (at her rate, we're looking at, ohhh... age 90? 95?), that will be my job to rent the wheelchair and push her through the parks so she can still get her school bread in Norway or watch Mickey's Philharmagic at MK. She's had other people her age make the remark that they don't see the appeal. But she loves it, has always loved it, and will continue to love it. If it's what you enjoy, you do you.

And it's DISNEY... age doesn't count at Disney. ;)

Edit: Just read through this thread. Y'all are a fun time. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts