How safe is it to leave your luggage?

connab

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the Royal Pacific in a few weeks and we plan on doing the parks early b4 we are able to check in our room. How safe is your luggage if you leave it in the luggage place in the hotel? Should we leave it in our vehicle? Our Windows are tented and it's a big truck so you couldn't just walk by and see stuff. Just wondering what we should do

I've done both, left with RPH and kept it in the car. If your looking to be bag free I would leave your stuff in the car. If you don't mind having a bag leaving your luggage at the RPH counter is fine just make sure you take valuables with you (ID, Money, CC's)

Given the choice I'd leave it in the car. We left bags with Bell Services including a brand new vinyl retro PanAm messenger bag. They returned it with a huge gouge right across the face. We reported it right away but it took them 10 days while they investigated before finally admitting liability. So we worried our entire trip.

I check out and use the bell services.

Have not had issues with storing my items there on check out day.
I don't drive to the hotel but use car service for the airport.

Squiriz had a bad experience but many have not gone through what he did

Things can go south anywhere.
Go with what you think is best.

I don't see how this is even a debate. Unless you're inferring bell services are going to steal things from you or damage your belongings, which is a ridiculous and unfounded fear.

We had no problem leaving all our belongings last year, and going to do the same this year. With a later flight, and not driving, this is a great option.

When you leave your bags with bell services your bags are not left in the open they are removed from the public view and stored in a secure room.

We had no problem at HRH having them hold our suitcases on the day we checked out. We went over to the parks for several hours, came back, got our bags, gave a tip, and called Uber. We plan to utilize them tomorrow when we check in if our rooms aren't ready.

We've used RPR and PBR bell services to store our bags on multiple occasions. I always leave my laptop in the bags, too. I'd rather take my chances there, which I think are very good, then either carry my laptop to the park where it might get wet or something or leave it in the car in the Orlando heat. Especially at the RPR outdoor lot.

We've never had any issues with our bags.

The only issue i have ever had with checking the luggage (rpr) is losing my claim check......

had to go through a lot to prove who i was, describing what i checked in and then have my luggage given to me.

do not ever lose your claim ticket.

write the claim number on the back of your hand........lol

I always leave my luggage with bell services, so much safer than leaving it inside the car. Yes, there's hotel security at the parking lot but I rather not risk it coming back to a broken window and all my valuables gone.

I really resent anyone on this board implying Loews hotel employees would steal things from a guest's luggage. When has that ever happened at a Universal hotel? Either give an example or stop smearing these fine employees. Anyone suggesting otherwise comes off like a 1%er jerk.

we didn't have a car this trip so used the bell services. The give you claim checks with the number of bags you check in. we got all our bags back safe and sound each time . We did a split stay so used services at CB and HRH both check in and check out days so total of 4 times.

However, 1 time I had checked the bags (and therefore had the claim tickets), and then my boyfriend (who was nowhere present when I checked them in), was able to get them out without any ID or claim tickets..he just said what name they were under and #of bags and they gave them to him no questions asked. I thought that was a bit strange, but I guess they figured if he knew the name and # of bags it was ok.

Another reason not to leave items in the car is the heat factor. I've had the unfortunate experience of having makeup and deodorant melt from being left in a hot car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts