How soon do I call?

Rick195275

DIS Veteran
Finally seeing my deed recorded on the comptroller site as of this morning! I know I have seen it asked here before but couldn’t seem to find the thread... how soon do most think I can call Disney and gain access to my account as a new member? Thank you all in advance! These boards and the members have been so helpful in my buying process.

About a week, which seems like an eternity...
My first contract that went to rofr was taken so it has really seemed like eternity! That was what I thought.... I’ll probablt start a couple days early haha. Do you by chance know where I call and what information I will need to get my login?

You'll call 800-800-9800. Choose the choice for "Member Administration". You'll need the contract number, which should be on the closing documents you received. Before you call, create yourself an MDE account, if you don't already have one. When MA finds your account, they'll give you the activation code. You'll use this activation code and your member number to turn on the DVC features of your MDE account.

I believe the last time I did it, they didn't have it processed at 7 days, but told me what day to call when it would be done. I've never waited for the letter in the mail.

You'll call 800-800-9800. Choose the choice for "Member Administration". You'll need the contract number, which should be on the closing documents you received. Before you call, create yourself an MDE account, if you don't already have one. When MA finds your account, they'll give you the activation code. You'll use this activation code and your member number to turn on the DVC features of your MDE account.

I believe the last time I did it, they didn't have it processed at 7 days, but told me what day to call when it would be done. I've never waited for the letter in the mail.
Awesome thank you!

Any idea where you find the contract number?

Update: Disregard I found it.

Now just have to wait till Friday. That will be a week

Last edited:
I didn't call until 2 weeks.
They must have changed the procedure. With our 2 contracts you needed the member number which is not on the closing documents and you needed the member ID to set up your account. Both of these came from Disney.
Depending on who you talk to, some will help you with the information, many will not.

Please don’t call unless you actually need to book something. The info will come in the mail at about three weeks. You might save a week by calling, but for what purpose?

Please don’t call unless you actually need to book something. The info will come in the mail at about three weeks. You might save a week by calling, but for what purpose?
The purpose would be that I’m at the end of a 4+ month buying process. I already am a week behind my 7 month window so I would like to book ASAP so that I don’t lose availability where I would like to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!