How Specific is YOUR room request?

How Specific is YOUR Room request?

• I only request Smoking/NonSmoking (S/NS)

• I usually request S/NS and 1 other very general location (floor, view, proximity to pool)

• I usually do 3 requests - S/NS, and 2 general location requests (e.g. ground floor , water view)

• I request a very specific group of rooms, such as a particular wing, or building

• I request the room number I want

• None of the above (Please share details below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
We just returned form 7 days at BWV in preferred room that actually had a BW view, that wasn't too far from elevator. DH loved this room and wants this exact room every time we go! :rotfl:

We have stayed at OKW 4 times, and the last time we checked in at 9AM and our ONLY options for rooms were all in buildings we had stayed in one of the first three times. - Go figure!

So I'm just wondering, how specific are you on your room request? I know it's never a guarrantee and I'm always just happy to just be there, but just curious on what everyone else does.

That's the only downside of getting a great room - you want that one every time you go!

I had a room like that at BW also...a studio on the top floor, about 2 doors down from the elevator. It had a village green view but the view of the boardwalk was terrific. I don't think I'll ever have such a nice view again.
But, as to what I 'request'...always non-smoking, and on a higher floor..that's about it.

Three requests. Non-smoking, high floor and water view usually. At OKW non-smoking, first floor for medical reasons (wheelchair) and near HH.

May I ask why the request for the top floor? Are the rooms different? (I've never stayed in a DVC resort).

Maggie

We just request non-smoking and sometimes we request "quiet". But when we check in we are a bit more specific. We are very polite and willing to wait to check in to receive the location we like.

MaggieDoodle said:
May I ask why the request for the top floor? Are the rooms different? (I've never stayed in a DVC resort).

Maggie

The view is usually better and there is no noise above you. Room itself is the same. Be careful at OKW, other than the 3 elevator buildings (62, 63, 64), it's a long way up the steps.

For my 1st trip home in April, I just requested smoking room. Didn't know what location I would prefer so I didn't care.
For my trip next month I requested 1)smoking and 2)Congress Park section, if possible.

I had one of the BWV preferred Village Green dedicated studios and I would take it again and feel lucky. We have been happy so far just with using ns request.

Bobbi :flower:

DebbieB said:
The view is usually better and there is no noise above you. Room itself is the same. Be careful at OKW, other than the 3 elevator buildings (62, 63, 64), it's a long way up the steps.

But it burns more calories to walk up those steps. One of the reasons I request the top floor (although the 2 main reasons are the ones you said) are too justify eating more of all the great snacks WDW has!

Non Smoking and top floor at OKW (I don't mind the stairs, and I like not having anyone above me).

At the other resorts it is usually just Non Smoking.

NS and a high floor for us @ BWV. We leave friday night to go "home" ( :cheer2: ) and will have a BW view for the first time. I would love to have a dedicated studio overlooking the village green. We plan to spend Halloween night at the BWV and it would be great to watch the party!

usually i only cared about non-smoking but this trip i really wanted to stay in the carriage house area at SSR by DD. really wanted this badly. all other trips i really diidnt care other then non smoking but for some reason this time i did and i am sorry to say that each time i stay at SSR i will have to stay in the same area again. it was perfect.

non-smoking medical and 1st floor - wheelchair... we try to avoid h/c rooms since we don't need the roll in shower etc... but we've had them and we're fine with that!

we've always had those two requests met.

We only request nonsmoking. We have never had a bad room, but mostly are just happy to be at WDW so we :flower: aren't picky.

I usually do non-smoking, non-HA, and then request an upper floor.

:wave:

Beca

After 2 of our last 3 visits of being assigned a handicapped room(and my requests had been nonsmoking and near the elevator for the first time at BCV and nonsmoking nonhandicapped at BCV the next time--go figure) I now request Non-Smoking and Non-Handicapped. Now I'm worried that the Room Assigner will only see the Handicapped part and give us a h/a room!

Non-Smoking
Top Floor room (I hate it when you get heavy footed people, or kids jumping up and down, in the room directly above you)

We request non-smoking and non-handicapped, need a tub for the kiddos when we stay in a studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter