How to buy Tokyo park tickets when Credit card isnt working?

a7xmouse

Earning My Ears
Hi I've seen other people have had this problem but it's strange because their website says they take visa and yet anytime I do the Visa verification it does not work. Tried multiple cards, tried calling my bank, tried using an American Express. No luck. Seems a bit ridiculous that I cant use a credit card to buy a ticket to a Disney theme park but anyways I've heard you can get them at the Disney stores in Tokyo. I am planning on buying a 1 day pass and an after 6 discounted pass. Does anyone know if they sell both of these at the Disney store? Thanks

Hi I've seen other people have had this problem but it's strange because their website says they take visa and yet anytime I do the Visa verification it does not work. Tried multiple cards, tried calling my bank, tried using an American Express. No luck. Seems a bit ridiculous that I cant use a credit card to buy a ticket to a Disney theme park but anyways I've heard you can get them at the Disney stores in Tokyo. I am planning on buying a 1 day pass and an after 6 discounted pass. Does anyone know if they sell both of these at the Disney store? Thanks

From my understanding, yes you can purchase tickets at Disney Stores across Japan.

You can also try purchasing tickets through here: https://www.klook.com/activity/589-tokyo-disneyland-japan/

:)

we have never bought tickets ahead of time. There is really no need to. If you are staying at one of the disney hotels or good neighbour hotels then you can just get them there. most Japan disney stores as well as some convenience stores lik 7-11 will sell them too, i dont know avout the after 6 passports though.

Last edited:
Absolutely buy them ahead of time. You don't want to be stuck waiting in long lines in the morning while everyone else is rushing in to grab the desirable FP and get on the popular attractions with a minimal wait.

Not every Disney Store sells them. Check here: https://www.disney.co.jp/store/storeinfo_en/ticketcounter.html (Click "Kanto" for Tokyo)

If you're staying at a Disney hotel & you buy them there, you can park hop. If you buy them at the Disney Store, you can't park hop.

Thanks for the replies. And thanks for the link. I will buy it at one of those Disney Stores. If they don't sell the after 6 pass I will just buy it at the park. I've seen people advise against it but I'm going to go to Disney Sea during the day and try to go to Disneyland using the after 6 park ticket on the same day. I just really don't want to spend more than a day here cause I have so much else to see. I've worked at Disneyland and been hundreds of times so I'm not really worried about missing too much at Disneyland Tokyo. I've done some research to see which rides are the same as in Florida.

Absolutely buy them ahead of time. You don't want to be stuck waiting in long lines in the morning while everyone else is rushing in to grab the desirable FP and get on the popular attractions with a minimal wait.

Not every Disney Store sells them. Check here: https://www.disney.co.jp/store/storeinfo_en/ticketcounter.html (Click "Kanto" for Tokyo)

If you're staying at a Disney hotel & you buy them there, you can park hop. If you buy them at the Disney Store, you can't park hop.
You can only park hop if you get them from a Disney hotel?

You can only park hop if you get them from a Disney hotel?

The regular TDR tickets, you can't park hop the first 2 days and you have to specify which park you're going to on which day when you buy the tickets. The 3rd and 4th days you can park hop. Also, unlike the US parks, these have to be consecutive days.

Guests of the Disney hotels can buy the special tickets (a little bit more expensive than the regular tickets) that allows park hopping on all days.

The regular TDR tickets, you can't park hop the first 2 days and you have to specify which park you're going to on which day when you buy the tickets. The 3rd and 4th days you can park hop. Also, unlike the US parks, these have to be consecutive days.

Guests of the Disney hotels can buy the special tickets (a little bit more expensive than the regular tickets) that allows park hopping on all days.
Oh okay I didn’t know that was an option. We are planning on going next may. Not sure if we will stay at Hilton Tokyo bay and buy tickets at the Disney store or stay at Disney ambassador.

Oh okay I didn’t know that was an option. We are planning on going next may. Not sure if we will stay at Hilton Tokyo bay and buy tickets at the Disney store or stay at Disney ambassador.

You can buy tickets at Hilton Tokyo Bay as well, though last I heard it was cash only.

Just a quick update I ended up buying tickets at the Disney store in Shibuya. That Disney store is probably the coolest Disney store I have ever seen btw with some awesome merch. Ended up going to Disney Sea first thing in the morning until about 3 pm, finished mostly everything (it was pretty slow) then went over to Disneyland and bought a day ticket because I didn't wanna wait for the discounted one. Tokyo Disneyland was super packed compared to Disney Sea. Overall had a great time at both parks. Ended up coming back a few days later at night for the discounted price to go back into Tokyo Disney Sea because we loved it so much. Thanks for the help.

Just a quick update I ended up buying tickets at the Disney store in Shibuya. That Disney store is probably the coolest Disney store I have ever seen btw with some awesome merch. Ended up going to Disney Sea first thing in the morning until about 3 pm, finished mostly everything (it was pretty slow) then went over to Disneyland and bought a day ticket because I didn't wanna wait for the discounted one. Tokyo Disneyland was super packed compared to Disney Sea. Overall had a great time at both parks. Ended up coming back a few days later at night for the discounted price to go back into Tokyo Disney Sea because we loved it so much. Thanks for the help.

Can we still buy tickets at any Disney store in Tokyo? That's probably my plan.

I was going to buy tickets online to have them delivered. But that won't work as no foreign addresses are allowed to receive them. And I don't see the point in printing them out ahead of time as I'll have to exchange them at a ticket booth anyway (so it's not as if that will save me much time in the morning as everyone else is rushing in).

You don't have to exchange your tickets if you print them out... We did so in 2017 and had no problems whatsoever.

https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/ticket/purchase.html

-> where you find any information about tickets you need, as well as the list of stores where you can buy your ticket...

So maybe I'm confused then. If you print it out at home, how do you get fastpasses? Do you have to fold the printed page into a tiny little square?

So maybe I'm confused then. If you print it out at home, how do you get fastpasses? Do you have to fold the printed page into a tiny little square?
Exactly. I think they provide folding instructions. The TDR FP scanners are like a barcode reader

Exactly. I think they provide folding instructions. The TDR FP scanners are like a barcode reader

Gotcha, I have trouble folding my clothes the right way. Think I'll probably just buy at a Disney store in Toyko. I'll have about 2 weeks in Japan before I get to Disney.

again it's all explained on the official webpage with photos, did you read it at least?.. And you just need to have the full barcode not folded/stained/unreadable, easy.

Last edited:
Just FYI, I've tried a few different times to buy park tickets at 7-11 and pay with my credit card and for some reason it never works and I have to hit the ATM for cash. When you buy at konbinis there are occasional ticket discounts. The last time I bought them at 7-11 they had a special where you get to draw a card for every 700¥ of a purchase. You can win small prizes from the cards like candy, etc. Because I bought Disney park tickets for my family I got to pull like 20+ cards and left with a bunch of free candy and drinks too!

Just FYI, I've tried a few different times to buy park tickets at 7-11 and pay with my credit card and for some reason it never works and I have to hit the ATM for cash. When you buy at konbinis there are occasional ticket discounts. The last time I bought them at 7-11 they had a special where you get to draw a card for every 700¥ of a purchase. You can win small prizes from the cards like candy, etc. Because I bought Disney park tickets for my family I got to pull like 20+ cards and left with a bunch of free candy and drinks too!
Good tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!