How's this plan???

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
When - Oct 23 - 31

Where - AS Music

Who - DH (34), myself (32), DD (7 on 11/2), DM (she won't let me tell) & DSD (62 - uses scooter & on oxygen 24/7)

Thurs - Oct 23 - Vacation Begins - Driving from PA - over night stay

Fri - Oct 24 - Arrive AS Music - early afternoon
Settle in & Explore, Rest & Relax
may check out character outlets in evening if not exhausted, if not will add it in some afternoon or evening.

Sat - Oct 25 - Epcot - lunch at LeCellier (PS) break in afternoon (maybe) then back to Epcot for evening & Illuminations

Sun - Oct 26 - Animal Kingdom until early afternoon, then naps and dinner offsite - MNSSHP in evening

Mon - Oct 27 - Morning - Visit Give Kids the World Village (DD stayed there in Oct 2001 for MAW trip) then Downtown Disney & Disney Quest

Tue - Oct 28 - Magic Kingdom - lunch at Crystal Palace (PS) - maybe break - then back to MK for Spectro & Fireworks

Wed - Oct 29 - MGM - Parade in Afternoon

Thurs - Oct 30 - Chef Mickey's Breakfast (PS) then whatever Parks we want to see and do again.

Fri - Oct 31 - leave early AM for PA :(

May visit Epcot in evenings some days since it is open later.

Any suggestions or changes that you would make? We want to take it slow and enjoy - DSD and DM may not join us for everything because he will sometimes need to rest in afternoons so we planned on driving there in our van and letting them take it back when they need to and we could return in Resort Bus.

Any thoughts are appreciated????

Melinda

I think your plan looks great. I would call and ask (for medical reasons) if they can get you a first floor room in one of the Calypso buildings. These are closest to the main building and pool and will make it easier for everyone, especially DSD. Also, not sure if you are all sharing one room or splitting into 2 rooms. If splitting, you may want to see if they have a handicap room available in Calypso. These rooms (I believe, but could be wrong) come with a king bed and would make things easier for him to get in and out of the room, as well as to use the bathroom. I would definitely take breaks during the day, if you are starting out early. Have fun!!! :jester: :smooth:

Thanks for the reply. We are splitting 2 rooms and I did request a wheelchair accessible room with roll in shower, and WDTC said that we would definetely get one that had connecting rooms. I did not request Calypso Bldg. - Should I call back?????

Any more ideas???

Melinda

The Music is laid out length wise, so the Calypso buildings are closest to the main building, pool, food court & bus stop. I would call the Music 4 days prior, explain your situation and see if, for medical reasons, you could be put in one of the two Calypso buildings. If not, I would request a room in one of the Jazz buildings. Go to the link below for pictures & a map layout of the Music.

http://www.wdwig.com/g_asmu.htm

If (at all possible) you can get the Movies, I think you'd really like it better. I found it laid out much better than the Music. If you get the Movies, request a room in the Toy Story area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter