hrh or Portofino??

joloco

Mouseketeer
I am traveling in May with dh, ds-8, dd-7 & 5 , We were planning on staying at HRH, but actually can get better rate at Portofino! I know this is more dlx hotel which sounds great to me, but is it ok(comfortable) for kids. Thanks.

I would stay at PBH especially at a lower rate! I don't see how 5 could fit in a standard room at HRH any way. I wonder where they put the roll away when you get one.
Barry, I don't think it's a stuffy atmosphere for kids at all. My kids love it there! There is so much more room all around the resort, the pool is so fun & they have a great play area by the pool for little ones. There are also more restaurant choices at PBH.They even have a favorite waitress! We just stayed at HRH & my kids wanted to know when we were going back to PBH!

Go for the Portofino...it is not stuffy at all...very nice and very relaxing...great pool area for the kids. Better restaurants than over at the hardrock. you will love it. We have stayed about 5 or six times now...can't wait to go back again.

We stayed at the PBH for the second time this past November, and also went for a look at HRH. I just love the PBH, but I was surprised that my kids all said they'd choose the PBH over the HRH, especially my 13 yr old DD. My kids are DD (13), DD (11), and DS (8)...it's PBH for us!

We stayed at the PBH twice with kids, ages 5+9 and 2 yrs later. They love the hotel, of course they probably would've loved any hotel since we were on vacation! Although the hotel is elegant and relaxing it never seemed stuffy. Everyone has always been very friendly. The kids meals at the Portofino restaurants are one of the few food bargains at Universal Studios Orlando.

The Portifino is beautiful but I didn't find it to be for the kids. They would of rathered stay at HRH or somewhere where there is more for kids to do. My kids are teenagers so maybe that is why. The beds are awesome and comfy!:)

a roll away fits nicely in a room at HRH. They just turn the chair and oval table sidewaus and it fits nicely infront of the windows. I believe we had one of the "larger" standard rooms. It seems some of the standard rooms are a bit larger because of the way the outside of hte buildign is shaped. The first oen we were in was narrower at the window area near the chair and widened soing toward the other wall. I thought the 2nd room was a deluxe until I read that the deluxe were quit a bit bigger and had a sofa that folds out instead of a chair.

I love the 0 entry pool at HRH for small kids. My DD can really enjoy the pool and move around a lot in it without going in water over her head. I also llike that HRH is so close to the parks. It is as fast or fast to walk there as it is to take the water taxi. PBH in about another 10 min walk away from the parks.

PBH is beautiful from the outside and I would like to stay there sometime. The kids will have so much theming at the parks that I wouldn't worry about the hotel that much.
If you can get a better price at PBH I would say go for it and give it a try.

Originally posted by Julieee960
The Portifino is beautiful but I didn't find it to be for the kids. They would of rathered stay at HRH or somewhere where there is more for kids to do. My kids are teenagers so maybe that is why. The beds are awesome and comfy!:)

Honestly I really don't see how HRH has anything more to offer children. At PBH they can play Bocci Ball, they have the same Dive In movies, low level pool, pool play area, arcade, ice-cream palar, pizza place, same comfy beds and more! :)

I hear what your saying and I think maybe it has to do with personal preferance. It also could of been the time of year we went, not alot of kids plus the cabanas were empty. We went in October so that's why this time we are going in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter