HRH or Swan?? Club level or no?

hunnypotmama

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We have a DW trip coming up in October and I can get HRH or Swan at the same price ($135). My kids are 7 and 3, so I'm thinking we should probably wait a few years to get our most out of Universal. From everything I've read, preteens and teenagers get the most enjoyment out of Universal.

So that leaves us staying an entire week at DW...how is the Swan? We have never stayed there. Club level is about $74 more per night with the AP rates, is that a decent deal? We have stayed at Poly concierge before for about the same price...do the Poly and Swan compare at all? Any help or words of wisdom would be appreciated!

hunnypotmama

Since you're not really asking about HRH (you seem to have made up your mind there), you might get more responses to your Swan questions in the regular Disney Resorts forum. :)

We were just there with our 3 year old and he loved it!!!!! We had the same concerns, but it was not even worth it. (the concerns)... He is taller that most 3 year olds granted so he was able to enjoy Spiderman, Storm Force, the Bilge rat Barges, Jimmy Neutron, etc. but even if he wasn't tall enough he would still have alot to do. At the Studios, there are a lot of shows that your 3 year old could see. At IOA, there is Seuss Landing, the shows, and so on. It was so great. And your 7 year old would also have so much fun!!!! Definitely worth trying out. The HRH also gets rave reviews so you may want to try it as well.

We stayed at HRH (Garden View) last year and both RPH and Swan (Club Level) last month. Of the three, I prefer RPH while DW prefers the Swan. Here's my take on all three.

The Hard Rock is a very hip and modern hotel. Lots of Rock & Roll memorabilia throughout the lobby and a fantastic pool with an cool underwater sound system. My daughters loved the water slide and enjoyed floating around on those funky purple mats! Our room had two queen beds, tv, cd player, shower/tub & toilet in the bathroom with separate sink/vanity. Great fluffy towels with a weird waffle patern.

The Royal Pacific has a modern "polynesian" theme. They definately wanted to avoid the Trader Vic's image that is so synonymous with Disney's Poly. Room was about the same as HRH but more wood/wicker throughout. Bath towels had gold emblem of "RPH".

Club lounge was fantastic! It was open all day from about 7:00 AM to 10 PM. Breakfast featured fresh fruit, muffins, danish, bagels, and single serving cereals as well as coffee, teas, milk, and juice. Through the day - canned soda, bottled water, coffee, and tea was available as well as small bags of chips. Evening appetizers featured veggie platter, chips/dip, assorted cheeses & crackers, and one hot dish. Over the two nights we were there, they had chicken strips and fries, and polynesian pork and rice respectively. There was also complimentary bottled beer (Heiniken and domestic!) as well as red and white wine. The last couple of hours had great cookies (choc. chip., oatmeal, etc) and milk.

The Swan has recently gone through renovation and the rooms are spectacular. All new "Heavenly" beds (pillowtops) with very comfy and very white down comforters. Free hi-speed internet connection for your laptop, shower/tub, toilet, sink in the bathroom and another separate sink/vanity outside.

The Swan (and Dolphin's) Club Lounge has limited hours. 7am to 10 am for breakfast and 5 pm to 8 pm for evening appetizers. With the exception of Mama T (and those yummy chocolate croissants), I was also disappointed with the lounge. All the same reasons Carol A mentions.

The Grotto pool shared with the Dolphin is great - it has a waterfall and slide. There are also two quieter "lap" pools for more adult lazing.

To sum it up, the Swan is great hotel and good for WDW touring. It's location to MGM, Epcot and the Boardwalk can't be beat. However, when there is a convention at the hotel, they can take it over it loses the Disney magic it had.

The Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific are, in my opinion, a cut above. Both in style, service, and themeing. And Front-of-the-Line /Universal Express access with your room card is an absoulte must!

Hope this helps, Steve :cool:

I am also a disney lover. I truly love the resorts at disney's boardwalk area. But, I have to admit that I loved the HRH and city walk. It was great during the day or night to walk around city walk and just kill time. HRH pool was great, everything is bit more relaxed than the disney resorts. Kids have more fun at the pool. We will definately from now on split our stay between disney and universal. Swan was nice but HRH was better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter