Hummingbird sightings??

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
After two years in Cape May NJ, a female hummingbird has found our feeder, and seems to be a regular visitor!!

Who else feeds hummingbirds? We have wildflowers that are starting to flower, so hopefully the birds and butterflies will be attracted to them as well!

we have too many bees for successful hummingbird feeding in our Yard in Yuma and what has happened due to the fantastic wildflower bloom last year, the birth rate was high, so now too many birds, two males were killed in our yard over territorial fights.

we have too many bees for successful hummingbird feeding in our Yard in Yuma and what has happened due to the fantastic wildflower bloom last year, the birth rate was high, so now too many birds, two males were killed in our yard over territorial fights.
Wow! In Ohio, I have seen a territorial fight. Sad.

After two years in Cape May NJ, a female hummingbird has found our feeder, and seems to be a regular visitor!!

Who else feeds hummingbirds? We have wildflowers that are starting to flower, so hopefully the birds and butterflies will be attracted to them as well!

Plants with vividly colored, high nectar-producing flowers will attract hummingbird to your garden. Nectar is what they're looking for since its their survival food. I'd suggest plant more bright colored flowers which produce nectars to attract them more. Best Flower Shop

No sightings yet this year.:(

Any sightings where you live?

We have two that we put out in April. We have regular visitors up until around Oct. I also have a rose garden and a butterfly bush so we have an active butterfly/bumble bee population. We get about 5 hummingbirds fighting and eating all season. We have had them come and up and just sort of hover right in in front of our faces many times and you can heard their beaks strike when they are fighting. Mean little devils and greedy. We have to fill out feeders every week but we don't fill them all the way full. We just use sugar water and it gets so hot here (Georgia) that it will spoil fast. We used to have another feeder that suctioned to the window but they would sometimes fly into the window so we didn't put it out this year.

We have two that we put out in April. We have regular visitors up until around Oct. I also have a rose garden and a butterfly bush so we have an active butterfly/bumble bee population. We get about 5 hummingbirds fighting and eating all season. We have had them come and up and just sort of hover right in in front of our faces many times and you can heard their beaks strike when they are fighting. Mean little devils and greedy. We have to fill out feeders every week but we don't fill them all the way full. We just use sugar water and it gets so hot here (Georgia) that it will spoil fast. We used to have another feeder that suctioned to the window but they would sometimes fly into the window so we didn't put it out this year.
When I lived in Ohio, I had the experience of sitting and watching two fight. They would rise up as high as the second floor of our house, arguing with each other! I like it when they come one at a time!

I love to see them sitting on a branch in a tree. They are so tiny.

Unbelievable! I have not seen any by this feeder all summer, but this morning one came. This evening, I was passing the window and there one was again!

I love that you need to look through the dream catcher to see the hummingbird. How meta!
🥰

No Hummingbird sightings in our garden in Cape May so far in 2023. :sad2:

I’ve had 3 off and on for two months now - usually one at a time but today I saw two together - all are very tiny this year and not seem to be eating much as I’ve not had to refill my feeders

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!