Husband & I with only 3 full days (AK,Epcot,&Uni Studios) where 2 stay?

Bmh4796

Mouseketeer
We’ve been 3 times with the kids (5 of them) and have always stayed in one of the monorail access resorts. Always had the dining plan and park hoppers. But this time it will just be me and my husband and i don’t have much time to plan. What hotel makes the most sense if we want to hit animal kingdom (mainly to fly avatar more than once) and universal studios and dinner at Epcot. Should we stay off site? We’ve never done that before. Staying off site was never an option with kids in tow but just the 2 of it might be worth considering??

Husband just found out today that he has to go to Orlando on Tuesday, November 3rd for work, so we figured we will vote early, get a sitter, leave the kids and make a long weekend out of it. I really want to do Avatar as many times as possible. I want to eat in Epcot and a couple times especially at the fancier Mexican restaurant. We also want to go to universal. We’ve never been. I think I’d like to go to Main Street USA in magic kingdom and really take in the history - you know the “boring stuff” we could never do with the kids.

My general point is i want to do a few things in a few parks. Not everything in the parks since we will only be there 3 full days, so I’d really like to park hop. But that’s really not an option??

What if we do animal kingdom in the day but have dinner reservations in Epcot?

is magic kingdom doing the princess castle fireworks with Ariel and Ursula? I should remember the name of it. I cry every time. It’s my favorite. but for some reason it escapes me at the moment. I heard there’s no firework shows due to covid? : (
Is that true?

should we even try to go to Star Wars I’ve heard it’s nearly impossible to get on the main attraction there?? i figured we should skip HS altogether and check out universal instead

anyway, if we can’t park hop maybe he should just fly there and back for one night for the business trip and we go another time when we can park hop? I’m torn. What say you?

Last edited:
You are correct that park hopping is not currently being offered.
You would not be able to go to AK for the day and then have dinner at Epcot.
There are currently no firework shows, as those would draw large crowds.

Local here...

I would stick to Disney.. and spend your time checking out the parks...and with just you and DH, you could really enjoy a date night at Disney Springs...maybe even some pool time...

Why you wonder.... being such a short trip.... soooo..... for me looking at it... logistic's... time.... transportation...traffic... and cost...

I just am someone that likes to make the most out of the time we have where ever we are...

So I would stay on site, and a moderate, with a king bed... staying in the bubble...

Do a three day ticket - which will work out less than doing a 2 day ticket plus a universal one day ticket...

Check out the park hours for the day that you are here... Staying on site has EMH's still I'm pretty sure... so a benefit for sure... and then plan which park your going to be in and make a reservation for those days...

You can use buses, monorails, skyliners,and boats to get around in the bubble... or you can always use Uber or Lyft to get around...

As well Food and Wine will be going on while you are here... so you could enjoy the rides then graze your way around the world... So many good thing to enjoy...

You could easily, spend the day at AK and then do dinner at Disney Springs....Hit MK for the whole day and evening, and if you wanted to have dinner in one of the resort you can make a ADR for dinner and head over after you leave MK for a late meal.... and Spend the whole day at Epcot Exploring...

Date night at Morimotos, or BoatHouse is really good spot for dinners.

You might want to even sleep in a bit..or hit the pool and lay in a lounger by the pool for a while.. it so different without the kiddos along... restful, relaxing... even peaceful... LOL

I will say... that the traffic here is back to normal, and I-4 is a complete mess... and whether you drive or use Uber or Lyft to get back and forth from Universal... it will take a while... on a very good day 45 minutes, if you are in rush hour, which consist of people getting to and from work, as well as people heading into the parks, which is chaos at best... you are burning time that you could be doing something other than sitting in the car in traffic... just saying...

Whatever you decide have a wonderful getaway...

Check out the park hours for the day that you are here... Staying on site has EMH's still I'm pretty sure... so a benefit for sure... and then plan which park your going to be in and make a reservation for those days...
There are no Extra Magic Hours at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter